Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old September 19th, 2020, 12:49 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
The Book of Xundar

The Book of Xundar
Looming Shadows

Basic Side Army Card
Spoiler Alert!

PDF download for printing.

The figure used for this unit is Drow Archmage figure from the Rage of Demons D&D set.

Biography : TBA...
Quote:
SHADOW CAST SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 3 + Special.
When Xundar attacks a figure with Shadow Cast Special Attack, add 1 additional attack die if at least one friendly Shadow figure is engaged with the defending figure. If Xundar destroys an opponent's figure with Shadow Cast Special Attack, replace that figure immediately, if possible, with one of your own previously destroyed Common Shadow figures.

MASTER OF SHADOWS
After revealing an Order Marker on Xundar, and instead of taking that turn with Xundar, you may move Xundar up to 5 spaces and then take a turn with up to three small or medium Common Shadow heroes you control that are within 8 spaces of Xundar.

Quote:
Q: If Xundar destroys the Fortress Door with Shadow Cast Special Attack, can he replace it with a previously destroyed Shadow?
A: No. He can attack the Door with Shadow Cast, but destructible objects are not figures and thus cannot be replaced with Shadows. Note also that destructible objects are never engaged, so Xundar would never get the additional dice against them.

Q: If Xundar destroys a double-spaced figure with Shadow Cast Special Attack, which space can he place the previously destroyed Shadow on?
A: Either space the double-spaced figure occupied.

Synergy Benefits Offered:
MASTER OF SHADOWS: as medium Shadow figures, Xundar may use his Master of Shadows ability to take turns with the Shadow Fiend, Shadow Binder and Shadow Hound

Synergy Benefits Received:
As Shadow figures, the Shadow Binder, Fiend and Hound may assist Xundar by providing potentially 1 additional attack die for his Shadow Cast Special Attack.
Synergy Imposed / Other:

Power Ranking and Master Index

Unit Strategy Review

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Last edited by Sir Heroscape; November 9th, 2021 at 01:43 PM.
Old September 19th, 2020, 03:43 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Xundar

Congrats, Sir H.! I have to get these into the index. Good job.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 19th, 2020, 07:33 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Congrats on these @Sir Heroscape .I remember them being fun.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 20th, 2020, 03:59 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Congrats! Very cool to get a faction passed. But also you suck for giving me more figures to chase down.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 8th, 2020, 03:10 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

The C3V Rules Team would like to add the following R&Cs:

Quote:
Q: If Xundar destroys the Fortress Door with Shadow Cast Special Attack, can he replace it with a previously destroyed Shadow?
A: No. He can attack the Door with Shadow Cast, but destructible objects are not figures and thus cannot be replaced with Shadows. Note also that destructible objects are never engaged, so Xundar would never get the additional dice against them.

Q: If Xundar destroys a double-spaced figure with Shadow Cast Special Attack, which space can he place the previously destroyed Shadow on?
A: Either space the double-spaced figure occupied.
Old December 2nd, 2020, 02:23 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Synergy with the other shadows is missing.
Old April 26th, 2021, 08:36 AM

Seb from space knows what's in an order marker Seb from space knows what's in an order marker Seb from space knows what's in an order marker

As a drow unit, Xundar may aid Pelloth with his Lolth's Wrath Special Attack. ;o)
Old July 25th, 2021, 11:25 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

I just realized today that Xundar has crossed a line in Heroscape naming conventions. Until this unit, there have never been multiple special powers with the same title but different game effects. Xundar's SHADOW MASTER is completely different from the Varkaanan Darkclaws' SHADOW MASTERS.

Surely if there's ever any hero (Darkclaw or otherwise) who has the +1 Att/Def buff while standing on a shadow space, that power should be called SHADOW MASTER. Likewise, if there's ever a squaddie version of Xundar with his same pseudo-Shadow-bonding power, that one would be called SHADOW MASTERS. (I'm not claiming these units should be made or that they should have these powers; just illustrating one aspect of why the power naming conventions matter.)

To respect the integrity of the nomenclature system, I would suggest that the committee consider renaming of one of these two specials. I realize this pits C3V and SoV designs against each other in a tiny way, but I'm optimistic this can be resolved amicably. As a disinterested third party, I'd suggest that the logical candidate for a power title upgrade would be Xundar, since he came later and thus the need to devise a new title would have fallen to him.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old July 26th, 2021, 12:31 AM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
I just realized today that Xundar has crossed a line in Heroscape naming conventions. Until this unit, there have never been multiple special powers with the same title but different game effects. Xundar's SHADOW MASTER is completely different from the Varkaanan Darkclaws' SHADOW MASTERS.

Surely if there's ever any hero (Darkclaw or otherwise) who has the +1 Att/Def buff while standing on a shadow space, that power should be called SHADOW MASTER. Likewise, if there's ever a squaddie version of Xundar with his same pseudo-Shadow-bonding power, that one would be called SHADOW MASTERS. (I'm not claiming these units should be made or that they should have these powers; just illustrating one aspect of why the power naming conventions matter.)

To respect the integrity of the nomenclature system, I would suggest that the committee consider renaming of one of these two specials. I realize this pits C3V and SoV designs against each other in a tiny way, but I'm optimistic this can be resolved amicably. As a disinterested third party, I'd suggest that the logical candidate for a power title upgrade would be Xundar, since he came later and thus the need to devise a new title would have fallen to him.
Yeah, I realized that after the units were released. The C3V is really against changing any published cards, and the names are technically (barely) different. But yeah, this shouldn't have happened. I should have been more aware in Editing.
Old July 26th, 2021, 12:54 AM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Cant blame yourself, you handle a high volume of stuff and are active on the board for a lot of projects. Even if it goes against the grain a bit, I dont think there is a problem as it's easy to steer anyone clear of having "Shadow Master" as a power name on a hero.
Old July 26th, 2021, 04:52 AM

Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post

Yeah, I realized that after the units were released. The C3V is really against changing any published cards, and the names are technically (barely) different. But yeah, this shouldn't have happened. I should have been more aware in Editing.
I would push for a change on this one. They are different because Varkaanan are a squad. But the power could be use on an hero. In that case it will be Shadow Master.

That kind of exceptional case may require an exceptional reaction.
Old July 26th, 2021, 09:19 AM

Power name change might be something the IS is amenable to, since it doesn't change anything about how the unit plays. I can pursue.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs