Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 28th, 2020, 06:06 PM
Looking where the light is better

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Indigo Tribesman (Vote for Public Tests)

yea
Old March 28th, 2020, 06:43 PM
Tickles Pickles

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Yea
Old March 28th, 2020, 10:33 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This passes then. I'll post it up in a moment!
Old March 29th, 2020, 10:49 AM
One time at band camp...

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Indigo Lantern (Public Tests)

I like the new direction here, looking good!
Old March 30th, 2020, 01:57 PM

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Slight wording adjustment - it was called "Indigo Tribe Recruit" in the first sentence.
Quote:
TRIBAL UNITY
After revealing an Order Marker on a Unique Tribesman's Army Card, if that Tribesman did not attack, you may take a turn with Indigo Lantern. You may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.
Old March 30th, 2020, 02:00 PM
Tickles Pickles

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Should be "this Indigo Lantern" since they are uncommon.
Old April 6th, 2020, 02:26 PM

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Indigo Lantern (uncommon)

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: Indigo Lantern (uncommon) (120) x1, Indigo-2, Yellow Lantern (Arkillo), Red Lantern (Mera) (1000) VS Fantastic 4 (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: Indigo Lantern (uncommon) (120) x1, Indigo-2, Yellow Lantern (Arkillo), Sinestro Corps Soldier x1 (810) VS Hand Ninja x4, Merlyn, Gamora (I) (810)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Iím kinda torn here, because I think individually the Indigo Lantern had a major impact on each game, but his team got slaughtered each time. Is that because I put some focus on shutting down the enemy with an Indigo Lantern, rather than having a more efficient attacking turn? I donít think it is, especially in the first game - one more wound on Thing or Sue would have turned that completely around. So my opinion is that Indigo Lantern is fairly well balanced as is as a psuedo-counter to bonding armies, he just got unlucky here.

I never did anything with Indigo Lantern besides using Emotional Purge, and using Tribal Unity was kind of a rare thing, but it was fun to have the choice of whether to attack or bond. Indigo-1 would probably be a better combo for that bonding power, Iím just less familiar with her playstyle. Emotional Purge is the real meat of this design, and it is impactful - but not totally in an unfun way that shuts down the enemy. Gamora ended up being a formidable presence on her own. Overall I liked the design and I think itís fairly close despite what the overall results imply.

Also, something I noticed - who's rolling the d20 for Emotional Purge? It sounds like the opponent is supposed to roll, but if that's the case I'd flip it so the higher numbers equal the "good" result. If the Indigo Lantern player rolls, it's good as is.
Old April 6th, 2020, 03:13 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hmm. I think we are close, but I still don't like the overall losing streak. How would people feel about removing the "no attack" clause on the bonding? I'm thinking it may feel a bit more necessary to not too overly constrict the teammates.
Old April 6th, 2020, 03:18 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'd be fine with that. I feel like it's super easy to get around the "no attacking" restriction with non-thematic characters anyways.

I played my first game last night (decent loss), and I was going to try the next game with Hawkeye III to get around the no attacking thing.
Old April 6th, 2020, 03:27 PM
Book Wyrm

Go ahead and let it be normal full bonding for the second game. Seems like you were leaning toward them needing the boost after the first game, so it'll be good to check that.
Old April 7th, 2020, 08:47 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Indigo Tribesman

Army Test 1
Map: Island Plane Crash (Glyph of Wannok)
Units: Team 1 (810): Indigo Tribesman x2 (240), Indigo-2 (270), Ch’p (200), Green Construct Decoy x2 (100)
Team 2 (810): Wrecker (230), Piledriver (190), Thunderball (190), Bulldozer (190), Skrull Infiltrator (10)

Pre-game thoughts: So the goal here is for Munk to copy Ch’p, allowing him to use the Green Constructs instead of his attack. This build is sacrificing a lot of attack power for what will hopefully be some Scissor-y disruption. We’ll see how it goes.

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Post-game thoughts: The Emotional Purge felt really effective as a disruption/shutdown tool. It pretty quickly ended the Wrecking Crew’s ability to bond for almost the entire rest of the game. However, I think this build might’ve focused too much on the disruption, not leaving enough room for the firepower needed to combat the Crew.

Army Test 2
Map: Island Plane Crash (Glyph of Wannok)
Units: Team 1 (1,000): Indigo Tribesman x2 (240), Captain America (240), Nightwing II (200), Robin (Tim) (120), Kraven (200)
Team 2 (1,000): Fantastic Four

Pre-game thoughts: Decided to take this change as a chance to test out the utility of 2 Indigos in a generalist build. F4 are obviously pretty tough foes so we’ll see how it goes. Dick chooses the Flash Grenade as his Glyph. Kraven chooses Reed as his Prey.

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Post-game thoughts: Not worrying at all. They were able to shut down the F4’s bonding pretty effectively, but that wasn’t as scary as it seemed at first glance. Kraven spent most of his time trying to kill Sue and did a surprisingly poor job of it. Maybe if he hadn’t flubbed most of his rolls, this game would’ve gone differently, but that doesn’t really fall on the shoulders of the Lanterns.

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: I think they feel mostly balanced, even with the full turn bonding. Their Emotional Purge is a powerful effect, but they’re pretty fragile and their attack isn’t that great, so you’re spending a fairly hefty cost to get it.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: They’re fun! They have a very tangible effect on the game for minimal effort, but as the opponent I never felt frustrated by it.
Like I said, let me know if you want me to run a game or two more, but from my perspective I think you're good to go. Didn't feel like they were anything troubling at any point during my 2 games. I don't think they're that much more powerful than they were before the buff, since there were so many sneaky ways for Munk to still be effective without directly attacking anyways.

I did have another loss in game 2 and one of the Lanterns dropped pretty quick, but I don't feel like that'll be that out of place or uncommon. They're really pretty fragile all-in-all.
Old April 8th, 2020, 12:02 AM
Book Wyrm

With that loss streak, I don't think I'd feel good moving forward as is, especially with the bump. I think we'd need at least one more game, if not another tester to confirm. Feel free to run those if you'd like, or I can wait on one more sign up. I'm not moving fast on my main slot right now, so I don't mind waiting here.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library