Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Maps & Scenarios

Notices

Old March 31st, 2012, 07:14 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
The Book of Heir Apparent Scenario (Design Phase)

The Book of the Heir Apparent Scenario

A C3G Scenario with the Vlatavan Villa Map

Download the VS File

Required Sets: Rise of the Valkyrie™ Master Set, Marvel the Conflict Begins™ Master Set, Fortress of the Archkyrie™

HEIR APPARENT
(2 Players)

Much of Europe has a long history of nobility and heritage, and with this comes a history of violence, spite, and power struggle. These conflicts continue even to this day: in a small kingdom somewhere in the Balkans, an heir falls into an assassin's crosshairs, no doubt on the payroll of someone seeking the throne. If they can usurp the kingdom, no one knows what the future may hold for the surrounding region.

In response to the impending threat, the family attendants hire their own protection. On a clear and sunny day, the enemy arrives.

GOAL:
Player 1's Goal: Defend the Heir to the throne and defeat the attacking army.

Player 2's Goal: Assassinate the Heir and take down anyone in the way.

SETUP:
Required Sets: Rise of the Valkyrie™ Master Set, Marvel the Conflict Begins™ Master Set, Fortress of the Archkyrie™, Road through the Forgotten Forrest™

The Fortress Door should be placed in the Doorway for this scenario.

Player 1 drafts an army of 395 points that includes at least one squad of Civilians. Player 2 drafts an army of 450 points.

Player 1 starts the game with one Civilian in the violet start-zone and all other figures in the blue-start zone. Player 2’s figures start in the red start-zone.

SPECIAL RULES:
Protection Program: The Civilian placed in the violet start-zone is considered the Heir. The Heir cannot be targeted for any attacks or special powers as long as it is adjacent to a figure you control. Anytime the Heir would be destroyed, you may instead destroy an adjacent figure you control.

VICTORY:
When the other Player has no figures on the battlefield, you win, or if the Heir is destroyed, Player 2 wins. If the battle reaches the end of Round 6, then the battle is over and Player 1 wins.

MAP BIO: Under the heel of the Soviets throughout the Cold War, the tiny nation of Vlatava has always been a land of strife and hardship. Even so, in recent years its aristocracy has begun to re-emerge, including figures such as the nefarious Count Vertigo, figures of vast wealth in an impoverished land. One of many, this villa is calm for the moment, but none can tell when its walls will come crumbling down.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A
-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • N/A

Last edited by johnny139; May 12th, 2012 at 02:27 PM.
Old March 31st, 2012, 07:16 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Vlatavian Villa (Design Phase)

I don't think anyone's really hurting for more "castle on a hill" maps, but I figured a one-set casual wouldn't hurt... and it's nice to get more locales.

I don't imagine there's too much to make in the way of fundamental changes, here, but, thoughts?
Old March 31st, 2012, 07:55 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

How do you see this map played?

Is one army supposed to be attacking the castle?

Or is it just a left to right battle in front of a castle?
Old March 31st, 2012, 09:35 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

I expect it to be a castle siege map - one start zone behind the asphalt, the other inside the castle.

(Sieges aren't quite as interesting in C3G because of all of the flying and leaping, but still. I have a scenario in mind.)
Old March 31st, 2012, 09:55 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

To be honest this isn't my favorite map, but I still think it's the right type of map for a scenario.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old March 31st, 2012, 11:04 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I hope you don't think I am picking on you, because you do amazing work in all you do, but I don't feel that this map is super enough for C3G.
Old April 1st, 2012, 12:58 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I'd say that it seems like it would need a pretty specific scenario with certain units to make the most of the map. Perhaps low-level units. Maybe a situation where the attackers have a leaper but can't leap high enough to get over a battlement so attackers would have to destroy some battlements first for the leaper to get to the wall walk. Seems more like a "classic" map as supers would make short work of gaining access. But if there are specific lower level units that gives it a more "classic" feel, it could be fine.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old April 1st, 2012, 01:12 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

This map seems similar to Corner High Rise but not as expansive. I'm not seeing anything that makes this map stand out in my mind. It's a decent map, I'm sure it works well, but it's nothing special.
Old April 1st, 2012, 07:02 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Now that you have answered me, I think it's too wide for what it does, especially down the castle end. I don't think there will be much action on those sides & the ruling about not able to shoot across empty space doesn't lend anything to it.

To be honest this reminds me of one of my personal maps, Kings Dive, (which I have just noticed that the links don't work anymore) but I much prefer mine & they use the same amount of sets.

EDIT: I just fixed the links to mine if anybody is at all interested.

Last edited by A3n; April 1st, 2012 at 08:18 AM.
Old April 1st, 2012, 07:44 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I remember helping you name that map a long time ago A3n

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old April 1st, 2012, 08:18 AM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like it. I think it would be play better if you went left to right with it instead of a siege though.

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old April 1st, 2012, 02:37 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Alright, I should probably explain myself further.

1) It's not supposed to be particularly exciting - it's a castle and a road and some grass. I'm intending a scenario to go along with it, but figured I'd get the map done first for a variety of reasons: not to distract from E-Ray, not get bogged down with that aspect in scenario design,

2) Going by the scenario, this WILL be a small-scale skirmish map, best taken advantage of by smaller armies. Heck, let me just outline the scenario for you:

Player 1: 350~ Points including one squad of Civilians. One Civilian is the Princess. Player 1 has to protect the Princess for X Rounds. It's the sort of army that best suits street-level heroes; Batman, Punisher, Daredevil with some support.

Player 2: 550~ Points of invaders who have to kill the Princess within X Rounds. I'm planning on forcing Count Vertigo as a "leader" for Player 1 to target as a victory condition, but I'm not sure.

3) The design is rough, and I realized from A3n's first question that length would be better than height here - a necessity, with scenario in mind. So I'll be working on that.

4) If your problem is with the design itself, I'd be happy to hear it. If your problem is with the concept as a standalone map, I'd consider not putting it through that process. If your problem is with the scenario AND map together, well, let's hear why.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Maps & Scenarios