Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old May 22nd, 2010, 01:19 AM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Question Why are there no BoV 'Books'?

Going through the C3G sub-forum, I noticed that many of the Battlefields of Marvel maps have their own dedicated 'Books' - ala the 'Books of Heroscape' in the Official Units forum. I was just wondering why there aren't any BoV equivalent 'books' here in the Maps & Scenarios section.

It would be a great way for all of us to share experiences relevant to particular maps, including (but not limited to) strategies with individual armies, tourney performance and common modifications. Also, it would be really neat to get some input from a map's designer and the BoV judges who approved it, particularly in reference to why certain elements were chosen for the map (i.e. glyphs, LoS blockers).

As an example:

Ember Canyon Road is a fairly straightforward battlefield in most cases, with ranged figures jockeying for a safe height-advantage while melee figures rush through the pass in an effort to push the opponent back into their own starting zone.
However, I'll never forget the time my brother waited until his final draft to take the Protectors of Ullar to round out an otherwise all-melee kyrie build against my army (steamroller). In the 1st and 2nd rounds, his PoU bounced around the walls overlooking the center glyph and absolutely decimated my Capuans, leaving Crixus with a tall order to fill (which he didn't)!

Being rather new to the forums (and never having initiated a new thread prior to this), I hope I'm not duplicating a previous topic.
As a note, I did search this forum and the customs forum before posting this, and I found nothing which led me to believe the topic had been previously discussed.

What does the community think? Please, feel free to share your opinions on the idea!
Old May 22nd, 2010, 03:18 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Re: Why are there no BoV 'Books'?

I haven't really looked at the map books, so I'm kind of shooting from the hip here. I think that it is probably a function of the differences in the projects.

Battlefields of Valhalla is focused on taking already more or less established tournament-styled maps and then submitting them to judges to play test and give a yea or nay vote. They are designed more for 1 on 1 games on symmetrical, or at least balanced maps. They aren't really designed for scenarios. They really need just the one thread for submission and voting, and the other for announcing/listing it as a BoV map. I'm not sure that a "Books" style thread is necessary.

The other maps are from the C3G project that is more of a collaborative effort to put together unofficial comic inspired "expansions". The maps are originally posted as more of a work in progress than the BoV submissions. They are also probably a lot more theme and scenario focused than BoV maps. A "books"-style thread has a lot more utility because it is a one stop destination for different scenarios that could be used with the maps.
Old May 22nd, 2010, 06:02 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Why are there no BoV 'Books'?

Well, even if not called a "book" there could be one Battle Report thread for each BoV map, whether in this sub-forum or the Battle report forum.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios