Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old September 21st, 2007, 08:55 PM

War Solves Everything has disabled reputation
500 Points With the New Sgt.

I've posted this army other places in this site but decided to bring it here. It makes good use the new man in uniform.

Sgt. Drake(SotM)-170
Brunak-110
Thorgrim-80
4th Massx2-140

You first move out with Brunak using Thorgrim for defense. They will be effective (maybe) but will be destroyed. You then give the defense bonus the Drake and let him strut his stuff with five defense, while the 4th Mass provide range and get there bonus. Feel free to improve.

I feel sorry for you. Your not me.
Old September 21st, 2007, 09:11 PM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I like that army -- Drake with Thorgrim spirit would be tough to take down, esp. with 4th Mass to back him up if he get mired in squads that Brunak didn't cleave.

Here's mine:

New Drake 170
Aubrien Archers x3 210
Deathreavers x3 120

The battle plan should be obvious enough
Old September 21st, 2007, 09:22 PM

Bloody the Marro Stinger knows what's in an order marker Bloody the Marro Stinger knows what's in an order marker Bloody the Marro Stinger knows what's in an order marker
The problem with that army, War Solves Everything, is that it doesn't beat some common armies out there. 80 points for an extra defense die to an already expensive unit that can't attack more than one unit is a bad idea in my opinion. Let's take a look...
Stinger armies engage Drake, JUICE UP STINGER!, and slaughter him,
Arrow Grut armies send out Krug,
Q9 shoots him full of holes, and Q10 makes it even worse,
Glads/Blasts take care of your 140 point Minutemen first, using one Glad at a time to tie up Drake, and THEN slaughter him to a bloody pulp,
And probably a bunch of other grisly deaths I'm missing.
Clarrisimus, with more ranged then the Thorgrim plus Drake army, that could do fairly well. Might get you far in a tournament, and is far better than the first, in my opinion.

Bloody the Marro Stinger is the Chimeran Ravager in the....
KEEP OF THE NECRONOMICON
Old September 21st, 2007, 09:42 PM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Stingers and Krug would be good Drake counters, but I have to disagree with you on the Blasts/Glad. That is a combo that even old Drake slices through with ease. However you could probably hold him in place long enough for Laglor or Q9 to take him down.
Old September 21st, 2007, 10:02 PM

Bloody the Marro Stinger knows what's in an order marker Bloody the Marro Stinger knows what's in an order marker Bloody the Marro Stinger knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarissimus
Stingers and Krug would be good Drake counters, but I have to disagree with you on the Blasts/Glad. That is a combo that even old Drake slices through with ease. However you could probably hold him in place long enough for Laglor or Q9 to take him down.
Erm...
No, Drake does NOT slice through Glads and Blasts easily. Here's how you do it...
1. Engage Drake with ONE Glad, with the other Glads 2 spaces away from Drake.
2. Since Drake can't move at ALL, he has to waste time killing in an extremely tedious process one glad at a time if you do this correctly. The opponent will stop placing order markers on him, and if he doesn't, then you can kill the rest of the army, and to defend them, THEN he'll stop.
3. After killing the rest of the army, use your non Glad/Blast unit to kill Drake. If all else fails, use the 2 attack of your last Glads.

KEEP OF THE NECRONOMICON
Old September 22nd, 2007, 12:53 PM

War Solves Everything has disabled reputation
I'm not sure Krug would work against the 4th Mass. Brunak better start praying though. Also Bloody, Thorgrim is not just for advancing Drakes defense when he dies, but also advancing Brunak's when he's still alive. As soon as I get SotM I'm going to play test it. If there are any people that have SotM, would you please test this army and tell me how it does?

I feel sorry for you. Your not me.
Old September 22nd, 2007, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Solves Everything
I'm not sure Krug would work against the 4th Mass. Brunak better start praying though. Also Bloody, Thorgrim is not just for advancing Drakes defense when he dies, but also advancing Brunak's when he's still alive. As soon as I get SotM I'm going to play test it. If there are any people that have SotM, would you please test this army and tell me how it does?
Who says Krug has to get to the 4th Mass? If Brunak and Thorgrim fail to do their job, and the opponent has at LEAST 320 points left, this is what happens.
1. Krug stands outside the 4th Mass range, focing Drake to come.
2. Nuff said. If you move the 4th Mass, than you lose wait and fire and Krug comes and kills you.

KEEP OF THE NECRONOMICON
Old September 22nd, 2007, 02:19 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
SOTM Drake 170
Kaemon Awa 120
Krav 100
Izumi 60
Marro Warriors 50

SOTM Drake 170
3xStingers 180
Q10 150

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old September 22nd, 2007, 03:40 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Drake 170
Marcus 100
AE 110
Legionares 50
MBS 50
Marcu 20

Drake 170
Marcus 100
Legioners 50
THorgrim 70
Eldgrim 30
Knights 70
Isamu 10

Lead with the knights, have eldgrim had out for a glyph and to die along the way, get Drake up to 8 move with eldgrim and marus on the board, then get him 5 defense and he becomes a bad man to deal with, you have him beefed up and you still have Marcus as a finisher.

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old September 22nd, 2007, 03:45 PM

Those armies are bad for the following reasons:
1. Drafting one squad of Legionaires ONLY? Are you drunk?
2. The opponent will kill Eldgrim, and be happy to kill Thorgrim, because then although Drake is super powered, he can only attack one unit at a time, and thus, every single army today with more than one ranged unit beats him. I'm serious, you're REALLY understimating swarms. Marcus is a pretty bad finisher, as he suffers from the "only attack one unit" sydrome.
Edit: Sorry for sounding rude in this post. Really.

KEEP OF THE NECRONOMICON
Old September 22nd, 2007, 04:03 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death!
I really wish there were a way to spend 50 points well in a Valiant army.

I'm tempted to do something like:

SotM Drake 170
4x 4th. Mass 450
Eldgrim 480
Kyntela Gwyn 500 (she's valiant, and just there to keep more points on the board...)

I really want to fit SotM Drake in a soldier army, but 170 points just doesn't seem to fit well, and if you're already getting Marcus and 2 sets of romans, you don't have that much range.

Maybe...
Drake 170
Marcus 270
3x 4th Mass 480
Marcu E. 500

I'm still not sure if Marcus' bonuses are worth killing the valiant bonus, and with no bonding he won't do much else. It'd probably work much better for a larger army.

Marcus 100
4x Romans 300
4x 4th Mass 580
NGS 670
MBS 720
AE 830
Drake 1000

That'd be fun if I ever played 1000 point games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old September 22nd, 2007, 04:45 PM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
Mine's like the first army only with stingers instead of mass:

Sgt. Drake(sotm): 170
Stingers x2: 120
Airborne elites: 110

I can't think of a name but its WWII guys and marros, pretty cool. It one against a 4th mass army. Drake and glyphs one it for them!

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion