Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old August 18th, 2020, 12:35 AM

jabanico is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Battle through Three Realms

I put together 3 official maps: Mimring's Fortress, Othkurik's Throne, and Waters of Life.

I'd like the Marvel heroes to battle through each stage. What should the drafting system be?

Equivalent points per stage (as shown in the video) seems too much for the Marvel heroes, unless they get full health/resurrected at the end of each stage (if they win).

Distributing the points across the three stages is unfair for the home team, as they get outnumbered at every stage.
Old August 18th, 2020, 06:30 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Battle through Three Realms

It will take some trial and error testing to get the balance just right. The Marvel heroes can fall to Classic scape squads fairly easily, while dominating Classic scape heroes as it is.

I'd consider using a random healing mechanic between each stage for the heroes. One card at a time, roll a combat die for each wound marker on each of your 4 heroes cards. Remove a wound marker for each skull rolled (50% healing on average). So if the 4 life Iron Man gets KOed in stage 1, you roll 4 dice and start him revived at the start of the next stage but most likely not at full strength. If he's just wounded but still up (say 2 wounds, so you roll just 2 die), he could start the next stage fully healed up or still partially wounded depending on the results of the dice roll.

If the goal if for the heroes to advance through the first 2 stages before potentially losing in the last stage, I'd give the defenders less points (say 75-80%) than the full hero team at each stage. Then they should win the first battle as they would have the points advantage. Then using the random healing mechanic, they won't be starting at full strength in the 2nd stage so it should be a closer match. Then if they survive that encounter, the 3rd stage should be a bit challenging as its likely they will be entering that game with everyone already wounded.

Last edited by Yodaking; August 19th, 2020 at 03:40 PM.
Old August 19th, 2020, 05:38 AM

Thanks. I like the random healing mechanic. We can try 75% for the first game, and then adjust depending on our gameplay outcome.
Old August 20th, 2020, 02:25 PM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm not sure if you've looked into any of the official D&D campaigns for Heroscape, but I like the idea of 'Second Wind' which allows figures destroyed in previous rooms to potentially come back to battle in new rooms. I'll leave the link HERE for the rules to one of the scenarios.
Old August 26th, 2020, 10:00 PM

Thanks. Second Wind sounds more challenging than Yodaking's suggestion. We'll go for healing all first and if it is too easy, we'll do this.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios