Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Notices

Old January 7th, 2020, 09:40 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Index of Classic Heroscape .stl files

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
@TREX ,
1) How much mineral spirits do you add to the Miniwax Polyshades? What ratio?

2) I can't find your instructions for painting Wo-Sa-Ga. I primed him in Rustoleum smoky beige, and I'll paint his eyes next, but after that I forgot the steps you took. I might just use the Armypainter Quickshades reddish color.
1 part mineral spirits to 3 parts polyshades. It thins it pretty well while keeping the effect. I also wipe off the parts that would be highlighted. I used a red wash then highlighted it back up with edge highlighting for marro skin. I used some ivory colors to highlight it.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old January 7th, 2020, 11:43 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
@TREX ,
1) How much mineral spirits do you add to the Miniwax Polyshades? What ratio?

2) I can't find your instructions for painting Wo-Sa-Ga. I primed him in Rustoleum smoky beige, and I'll paint his eyes next, but after that I forgot the steps you took. I might just use the Armypainter Quickshades reddish color.
1 part mineral spirits to 3 parts polyshades. It thins it pretty well while keeping the effect. I also wipe off the parts that would be highlighted. I used a red wash then highlighted it back up with edge highlighting for marro skin. I used some ivory colors to highlight it.
Thanks!
Old January 7th, 2020, 11:56 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

New set:

Krav Maga Agent 1 (matte)
Omnicron Sniper 1 (matte)
Seige (matte)
Zettian Guard 1 (matte)

This bunch I drybrushed highlights with lighter tempura paint colors to improve their scans. They look beautiful! You can really see the detail in some of them.

Also, a whole new bunch of figures are coming, courtesy of a fellow Heroscaper. Stay tuned!
Old January 10th, 2020, 09:03 AM

Three more:

Fen Hydra (matte)
Jorhdawn (matte)
Tarn Viking 1 (matte)
Old January 10th, 2020, 05:00 PM

10th Regiment 1 (matte)
Nakita Agent 2 (matte)
Sir Denrick (matte)
Izumi Samurai 1 (matte)
Old January 10th, 2020, 09:59 PM

SharkRider1 knows what's in an order marker SharkRider1 knows what's in an order marker SharkRider1 knows what's in an order marker

Wow, @White Knight - these new scans look absolutely fantastic!
Old January 11th, 2020, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkRider1 View Post
Thanks, I appreciate the kind words. I keep getting upset at myself that they are not perfect! Haha
Old January 11th, 2020, 12:58 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkRider1 View Post
Thanks, I appreciate the kind words. I keep getting upset at myself that they are not perfect! Haha
You are doing great work WK. Even though I picked up a Resin Printer, I haven't been printing really too much. With the new year its made me think a little about the huge pile of plastic I have and how so much of it needs painted. This has led to me taking my time with situating my shop to better suit my space needs for the multiple printers, computers, and my desktop to paint at. Printing new models at the moment would not help the insanity. I do however want to print so many of your great scans and I know that there are plenty of other scapers are totally loving them and printing them. I'm pushing pause on printing figures at the moment but plan on rounding out my collection of scape thanks to you. I can't get enough Fen Hydra, so I know I'll be printing a few more of those since you did them in matte. Keep up the good work.

Old January 11th, 2020, 01:09 AM

SharkRider1 knows what's in an order marker SharkRider1 knows what's in an order marker SharkRider1 knows what's in an order marker

Indeed @White Knight - I'll second @TREX . Seeing all of this has made me wish I at least had access to a printer to print quite a few of your scans (probably way more than I should due to already-limited storage space). A lot of the recent matte scans are of figures that I would love to add multiples of to my collection at long last, and, perfect or not, this is the work that's going to keep this awesome game available and accessible to people far into the future. I wish I was at a point where I could help contribute but until I can I'll keep cheering you on because what you're doing helps the entire Heroscape community.
Old January 11th, 2020, 04:56 PM

davidtheterp is surprisingly tart

This is amazing! Thanks for putting this all together and for creating those scans.
Old January 12th, 2020, 01:43 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Printed and painted a few of these along with a BB-8 I found on Thingiverse. Thanks for creating these, WK! On to the AT-ST and Rancor next.
Old January 12th, 2020, 03:37 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post

Printed and painted a few of these along with a BB-8 I found on Thingiverse. Thanks for creating these, WK! On to the AT-ST and Rancor next.
What kind of printer are you using Arch?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing