Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project
C3G Project A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old August 12th, 2018, 11:24 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Public Design Workshop

If not before. He will needs some Beat Cops or other protection for sure.
What does he normally do? Hideout somewhere?
A bio would be helpful. (I hear that a lot.)
Old August 12th, 2018, 11:29 AM
Looking where the light is better

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

The Negative Man mini I have (and I don't know if there's another one) has Trainor and the Spirit very conjoined, so you'd have to mod it to separate the Spirit, and he might be tricky to cleanly rebase.
Old August 12th, 2018, 11:41 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I actually have half a solution for that Ronin, I’ll post it later
Old August 12th, 2018, 11:55 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
If not before. He will needs some Beat Cops or other protection for sure.
What does he normally do? Hideout somewhere?
A bio would be helpful. (I hear that a lot.)
I was hoping Robotman could help him out a little bit with protection, but I can see how that wouldn’t be enough.

Basically Larry Trainor, pilot, is exposed to a funky radiation on a test flight. When he landed, he found that he was dangerously radioactive himself, and had the ability to send his “spirit” out of his body as an energy being. However, this left his normal body limp and defenseless.
The Chief of the Doom Patrol took Larry in and developed a special bandage that would prevent Larry’s radiation from harming those around him. However, Larry must always wear these bandages over his whole body, making him a misfit in society. Thus he became the Negative Man.
Later it was revealed the Negative Spirit was not an extension of Larry but actually an enigmatic entity that chose Larry as a host, capable of possessing others and having its own mysterious motives.
Old August 12th, 2018, 12:02 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

But what happens in battle? Does someone protect him?
Old August 12th, 2018, 12:34 PM
Just A Head

9 times out of 10 having a glowing energy guy flying around them distracts them enough they forget about Larry’s actual body.

One piece of the puzzle I forgot is that in the classic Doom Patrol, the spirit can’t be out of Larry’s body for more than 60 seconds or else he dies. So what always ends up happening is that the enemy will have some way to “trap” the Negative Spirit (freeze ray, special negative-proof jar, etc) and stop it from returning to Larry. Then of course the rest of the Patrol have to free the spirit before Larry dies. That’s what I’m trying to get at with “Negative Spirit Return.”

I could see dropping the defense loss on Negative Man when the spirit is out, and then giving the spirit a distraction/decoy power or maybe a way to protect Larry? I’m still not sure if that’ll fix the problem though.

On a side note, now that I’ve cleared up some text on the Negative Spirit I may give it Intangible.
Old August 12th, 2018, 12:40 PM

I would consider a power that makes him a non-threat and not able to be targeted in his weakened state. We have been working on a couple powers like that recently.
Old August 12th, 2018, 12:40 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

All of that would sure help.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 12th, 2018, 01:41 PM
Just A Head

How about this;

HELPLESS SOMETHING SOMETHING
If the Negative Spirit is on the battlefield, Negative Man cannot move, attack, or be targeted for any attacks or special powers from non-adjacent figures.

Not the best thematic fit, but it would help him survive while still making him kill-able.
Old August 12th, 2018, 04:36 PM
Just A Head

Sorry for double-posting but here's my half a solution for Negative Man figures. Apparently people on the Heroclix forums have bought a cheap Alpha Flight Guardian figure and repainted him black to make a custom Negative Man. He's about $0.35 on Coolstuffinc right now (#011 in the Invincible Iron Man set)

The problem comes with finding a figure for the actual human half. Theoretically, you could take the figure on the left and cut the spirit part off, but I honestly have no clue how that would look.
Old August 12th, 2018, 10:41 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

It seems like it would be fine. We sometimes (more frequent nowadays) do mods involving repainting and/or cutting things off and adding things on.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old August 13th, 2018, 02:07 PM

danthem knows what's in an order marker danthem knows what's in an order marker

I don't think I'll persue this idea further, but given his recent popularity, I thought that Thanos could use another figure!

Spoiler Alert!

Big idea, but the idea is you hunt down the stones, then force the enemy to make a hard choice. Inspired by glyphs of utility, as well as an MTG card with a similar ability. Obviously needs a ton of text revision, but the idea gets across I hope.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project