Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old March 15th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
'Scaper family repaints - The PK's get a bath. Erm, a wash.

Extreme Makeover:
WoA Edition

The Warriors of Ashra have been hearing rumors lately of a band of evil undead, each surprisingly similar to the Warriors themselves. This is the story of the encounter that followed, by the base of a lonely bridge in the darkest part of the forest.

Caylin, the chief - you can tell by her hat - and Leena of the High Branch are set upon by their evil undead clones:

Caught off guard, Caylin and Leena defend themselves valiantly. Pelenne, nearby, hears the battle and hurries back to come up behind the attackers:

Leena uses her knowledge of the hidden forest pathways to circle behind the attackers. Caylin is more then capable of defending herself on the high ground, now that reinforcements have arrived:

Outnumbered, the evil dopplegangers are soon brought down.

Caylin looks closely at the bodies of the attackers. “They don’t look like elves. They have pasty flesh and look like zombies. They are not wearing the colors of the wood, indeed, they are not wearing any discernible colors at all.”

Pelenne nods in agreement. “How could anyone have confused me with one of them. They don’t have a belt that looks like mine!”

The Warriors return to base camp, honor restored.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; October 2nd, 2014 at 12:07 AM.
Old March 15th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
Cool paint job

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old March 15th, 2007, 06:50 PM

Will T is surprisingly tart
Great Idea. Great paint idea. Great presentation. Great.
Old March 15th, 2007, 06:57 PM

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Thanks for the kind words. I wish (a) I could have taken better pictures, but I just couldn't get the closeups I wanted, (b) I hadn't lost some of the figure detail to the paint, and (c) I could paint as well as justjohn, and funrun, and pretty much everyone else who posts here. But at least I can tell a story!

= =
Old March 15th, 2007, 07:28 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
Use MACRO (the little flower icon on most cameras) for close up photos...
Old March 15th, 2007, 07:46 PM

King's Knight knows what's in an order marker King's Knight knows what's in an order marker
Wow those are awesome... I love the way you've brought them into the Ullar theme.
Old March 15th, 2007, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconious
Use MACRO (the little flower icon on most cameras) for close up photos...
Thanks, I do. My last picture here was that way, and so are many of the pictures in my battle reports.

It could partly be the lighting.

> I love the way you've brought them into the Ullar theme.
Thanks, KK. I remember looking at them in the blister pack and thinking they were monsters. I'm sure others have had that same response. I was mixing paints and stumbled across that olive color and realized it was perfect for a 'uniform' color.

After reading Justjohn's awesome new tutorial I realize I made a couple of significant mistakes, 1. using a base coat, which diminished sculpt detail, and 2. using Testors, which is too thick for miniatures. I already have a few acrylics, a few more (and some new brushes) and I'll be ready for the next project.

= =
Old October 1st, 2014, 11:59 PM

Re: 'Scaper family repaints - Extreme Makover: WoA edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I already have a few acrylics, a few more (and some new brushes) and I'll be ready for the next project.
Well, it's seven and a half years later, and I was finally ready for the next project. As with the Warriors of Ashra, I offer it only to remind everyone that you do not need to have talent to customize your 'Scape.

At GenCon, @Deroche suggested I put a little black wash on my Phantom Knights. It couldn't have been easier, and now they no longer look so much like blobs of snot:

= =
Old October 2nd, 2014, 12:35 AM

Re: 'Scaper family repaints - The PK's get a bath. Erm, a wa

Interesting. After a couple of hours they look less speckled, and even better. I may take another picture.

Anyway. One part black paint to 4 or 5 parts water. Wipe the brush a bit before touching it to the mini. from a total amateur.

= =
Old October 2nd, 2014, 12:49 AM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Wow, these look good DS!

I've been having trouble finding a color scheme for these guys, knowing its as easy as a black wash is a little shocking. They look a lot better that way

'SOTM INDEX
кактус джек
Old October 2nd, 2014, 09:18 AM

Thank you so much for the kind words, NS.

edit: Yes, that was a guinea pig supervising as I painted.

edit 2: I modified them in one other way, though I think @Unseen Shadowz might be the only person on the entire board who would notice.

= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; October 2nd, 2014 at 10:42 AM.
Old October 2nd, 2014, 01:34 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

NS, you were at the Colorado NHSD where Rosencrantz was using some beautiful washed PKs. Of course, he is far from an amateur at painting.

Rosencrantz actually volunteered to do washes while playing at least one day during Gencon. @Rosencrantz , did anyone take you up on that?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions