Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 27th, 2009, 09:50 PM

Thatcher Woo who?
Re: The Book of Tul-Bak-Ra

I can see myself just putting him up one height in the beginning of the game and just teleporting to prey on any one that gets close to a ledge so he gets height. I don't know where everyone else is coming from, since when is 4-5(height) attack something you can ignore? expecially if he engages your sniper or cheerleader who normally is pretty weak themselves. TBR isn't made to take out tanks, its not like he will be putting himself in places where his attacks can be shrugged off or ignored, its the point of the annoying assassin
Old May 27th, 2009, 09:52 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Cyprien and Sonya are 195 points. They can heal themselves.

Tul-Bak-Ra and Kelda are 210. Tul-Bak-Ra can't heal himself and instead has to spend extra order markers to do so.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old May 27th, 2009, 09:59 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatcher View Post
I can see myself just putting him up one height in the beginning of the game and just teleporting to prey on any one that gets close to a ledge so he gets height. I don't know where everyone else is coming from, since when is 4-5(height) attack something you can ignore? expecially if he engages your sniper or cheerleader who normally is pretty weak themselves. TBR isn't made to take out tanks, its not like he will be putting himself in places where his attacks can be shrugged off or ignored, its the point of the annoying assassin
TBR can only teleport to the same level. The problem with attacking TBR is that when he is injured, he will bring in squads that will attack with 3 attacks of 3 dice. His ranged attack is special, so he won't get a height advantage attack die. Unless I want to bring his squads behind enemy lines, I would rather attack the squads and let TBR's single attack do what it will. I think that TBR will play more like an assassin than a general. This should make it harder to play Raelin type cheerleaders and Kato type generals.
Old May 27th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Dear rules team ,

How does Teleport Reinforcements interact with Sujoah's Poison Sting Special Attack?

Teleport Reinforcements works when Tul-Bak-Ra takes wounds from a special or normal attack, but is not destroyed.

One option is to tally up how many wounds Poison Sting does, make sure Tul-Bak-Ra is still alive when Poison Sting Special Attack ends and then Teleport Reinforcements equal to the number of wounds Tu-Bak-Ra took from the entire attack.

The other option is roll after every time Poison Sting does one damage, and Teleport a unit if appropriate until Poison Sting stops or Tul-Bak-Na dies.

The ruling for how Leaf of the Home Tree and Poison Sting interact seems to set precedent for the second interpretation. The ruling that splash damage does not affect the just Teleported troops might lead some credence to the first interpretation.

EDIT: shoot! Wrong thread. Sorry!

They are done! Version 1.00 is out: Books of HeroScape in pdf format
Old May 28th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaScaper 2.0 View Post
I think TBR may bring Kelda up a little bit in the Power Rankings due to the fact that she will, for once, be providing more of a benefit than Raelin, as TBR can tear up the enemy lines and teleport in more Marro, then teleport back to Kelda, heal, then go out and do even more damage.
I thought this first too. Then I realized that TBR probably won't be attacked until the Marrow squads are destroyed. Why attack TBR and bring Marro squads in that will generally attack with 3 attacks of 3, when you can ignore TBR and let him attack with 4 (or 3 special)? Unless you need to keep a certain figure alive, I will ignore TBR.
Well, if he summons Dividers, then you either have to attack them (and let them divide some more) or attack TBR and have him teleport more troops. Either way you're kinda screwed...that's why I think they're the best squaddies for him to summon.

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old May 28th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hunh - whaddayaknow? It occurs to me that TBR's summoning power means he is more valuable against ranged units than against melee units. 4th or KoW? You can certainly imagine the KoW surrounding him leaving only one or two spaces (or NONE) to teleport reinforcements into while the 4th get plenty of new math geniuses to play with (genius? I dunno - they divide pretty well). Just another subtle dig at the reigning ranged paradigm.

~Aldin, hiring Viking bodyguards

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old May 28th, 2009, 12:34 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Hunh - whaddayaknow? It occurs to me that TBR's summoning power means he is more valuable against ranged units than against melee units. 4th or KoW? You can certainly imagine the KoW surrounding him leaving only one or two spaces (or NONE) to teleport reinforcements into while the 4th get plenty of new math geniuses to play with (genius? I dunno - they divide pretty well). Just another subtle dig at the reigning ranged paradigm.

~Aldin, hiring Viking bodyguards
That probably makes sense as melee units are usually stronger per point than range. I still think he's most valuable as an assassin.
Old May 28th, 2009, 06:39 PM

MechaBeast is surprisingly tart

Problem I have with TBR is that he doesn't pose much of a threat to warrant attacking against your terms or worrying about the maximum 5 marros he'll bring with him if you do. You'll have to plan your order markers if you're planning on going hack n slash with TBR or attacking with the marro you hope you'll be summoning. The dividers do help him more than others here. This is just therory crafting here but I have a feeling that unless we're playing a set scenario TBR is spending a lot of time hanging out with Miroku and the others.

I'll admit that a divider/hive spawning combo would be over the top but for being all one race and being thematicly similar. The marro seem go out of their way to screw up their own synergies.

...and then he used his fight money to buy two of every animal, and then he herded them all onto a boat and then he beat the crap out every single one.

Old May 28th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaBeast View Post
Problem I have with TBR is that he doesn't pose much of a threat to warrant attacking against your terms or worrying about the maximum 5 marros he'll bring with him if you do.
Well, if you teleport him into range of Raelin or another support figure (Kato, Ulginesh, etc.) as has been suggested, your enemy can't really ignore him. They can either attack him to try and save their support unit, or waste order markers moving their support unit away, or moving other figures in to take out TBR...

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old May 28th, 2009, 09:00 PM

MechaBeast is surprisingly tart

Thats exactly my point. Even if he by passes the front lines to attack this key figure he problably will not kill it in one turn. So you either use you order markers to jump him in and do as much damage as possible or use 1 or 2 markers which might not kill anything and hope you summon enough units to finish the job. If you dont finish the job you've brought lambs to the slaughter.

...and then he used his fight money to buy two of every animal, and then he herded them all onto a boat and then he beat the crap out every single one.

Old May 28th, 2009, 09:18 PM

Thatcher Woo who?

Quote:
Thats exactly my point. Even if he by passes the front lines to attack this key figure he problably will not kill it in one turn. So you either use you order markers to jump him in and do as much damage as possible or use 1 or 2 markers which might not kill anything and hope you summon enough units to finish the job. If you dont finish the job you've brought lambs to the slaughter.
Not if you sneak up on someone order markless
Old May 28th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatcher View Post
Quote:
Not if you sneak up on someone order markless
Attacking an order markerless figure isn't very efficient for you either.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units