Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old September 25th, 2008, 10:20 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Your Own Personal Strategies

I was thinking that many of you Heroscaper members have a lot of unique and thought provoking strategies. If you do please share them here. I'll start with Valguard

The Pummel
Draft Valguard with at least two squads of Romans or Greeks. I personally like the Romans more because of their shield wall. You may also want to draft MDG to help with movement since the Romans have a very low move. Move Valguard to the center of the map, with the squad not far behind. While doing so, take a few markers and activate a ranged unit. Keeping Valguard in the center of the map and let your enemies come to you. If they don't come right away, use this time to move the rest of your army toward him. If he does come at you, use Valguard to engage him and let him have it with the warlord and his Romans. Place a marker or two and continuesly fire with your ranged units. In the end with the combined attacks of Valguard, Romans and ranged units, you'll win the fight.

Indirect Attack
Once again use Valguard and a bonding squad to move along the edges of the map, while keeping a ranged fig not far away. Chances are your opponent will disregard them and go after the main army. The small forces he does send your way will most likely be weak and get wiped off the face of Valhalla. Eventually, your enemy will realize his mistake, but by then it will be to late.
Old September 25th, 2008, 11:26 PM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Your Own Personal Strategies

1. Draft Major Q9.
2. Put all your order markers on him.
3. ???
4. Win!

I never lay awake at night wondering how to design an army that will help me win 40% of my games. -- Jexik

Do NOT click this link.
Old September 26th, 2008, 01:27 AM
Keeping Marcu in check

Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker

A while back I proposed a strategy that I thought would keep Marcu Esenwein from doing much damage to your army should you roll a 17+ on his Eternal Rage power. It was very well received and resulted in me earning my Title... "Keeping Marcu in Check"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
I recently thought of a good strategy for keeping Marcu's hatred in check...

Here is a 300 point combo that would control Marcu even if he betrays you

Blastatrons x2
Gladiatrons x2
Marcu

Whenever you set up the board, place marcu next to only a gladiatron and take turns with him only when you have a glad adjacent, this way if you get a bad roll and he turns on you, he can't move due to cyberclaw, its like he is being restrained by the trons while he goes berserk, then the worst casualty you can take is the loss of a single gladiatron.

Any thoughts??
You can scroll down to the original post in The Book of Marcu Esenwein...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...t=9619&page=11

And here are the pencil sketches that Hex Enduction Hour did based on the idea...
Rough version (I like this one with the stuff in the background)
http://img80.imageshack.us/my.php?im...smallerar5.jpg
Clean version (just the Gladiatron and Marcu, no background)
http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ersmallcq3.jpg

---- Let's all be honest here ----
---- This is what you thought of when you saw my name wasn't it?
Old September 26th, 2008, 08:23 AM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarissimus View Post
1. Draft Major Q9.
2. Put all your order markers on him.
3. ???
4. Win!
That's not exactly the strategies I had in mind.
</IMG>
Old September 26th, 2008, 08:34 AM
I'm my own grandpa

Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby!

1. Attack zat way, real fast.
2. If somesing gets in your way, turn.
Old September 26th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennys View Post
1. Attack zat way, real fast.
2. If somesing gets in your way, turn.
Gosh, Dennys, I've never heard it put more brilliantly. Do you mind, I mean, do you really, if I use this in my next tournament???
Old September 26th, 2008, 09:38 AM
I'm my own grandpa

Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby!

Only if I can get John Cusack to sign off on the release wavier.
Old September 26th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Chilly Fangirl

Quote:
A while back I proposed a strategy that I thought would keep Marcu Esenwein from doing much damage to your army should you roll a 17+ on his Eternal Rage power. It was very well received and resulted in me earning my Title... "Keeping Marcu in Check"

Quote:
I recently thought of a good strategy for keeping Marcu's hatred in check...

Here is a 300 point combo that would control Marcu even if he betrays you

Blastatrons x2
Gladiatrons x2
Marcu

Whenever you set up the board, place marcu next to only a gladiatron and take turns with him only when you have a glad adjacent, this way if you get a bad roll and he turns on you, he can't move due to cyberclaw, its like he is being restrained by the trons while he goes berserk, then the worst casualty you can take is the loss of a single gladiatron.

Any thoughts??
You can scroll down to the original post in The Book of Marcu Esenwein...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...t=9619&page=11

And here are the pencil sketches that Hex Enduction Hour did based on the idea...
Rough version (I like this one with the stuff in the background)
http://img80.imageshack.us/my.php?im...smallerar5.jpg
Clean version (just the Gladiatron and Marcu, no background)
http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ersmallcq3.jpg
Thanks, Zealot for your strategy, that's really cool.
Old September 26th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

One of my favorite tricks is something I haven't actually tried yet, but it seems like it'd work. I call it Jandar's Disengage. Basically if you have Sir Gilbert in your army and you're planning to have one of your squad figures receive a leaving engagement swipe, use Sir Gilbert's ability to do it. Just one symbol is enough to get out of an engagement, and since that movement isn't taking place on that figure's turn, you don't run the risk of losing an attack if you get hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old September 26th, 2008, 01:54 PM

jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker

Nice strategy, Jexik.
+ rep

I'll have to use "Jandar's Disengage" soon (hoping to 'Scape this weekend - crossing fingers).
Old September 27th, 2008, 08:30 AM

omen20154 is surprisingly tart

My strategy is summed up in one word. Moresbane. His rod of negoation can throw an major kink into anyone's plan. Now when you combine him with Theracus's carry ability and movement you have a lethal combo.

Old September 27th, 2008, 11:22 AM

temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker

Could you imagine how angry someone would be with a negated Kato?

Dave Grohl + Josh Homme + John Paul Jones= awesome

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles