Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old September 20th, 2007, 08:09 AM

Dread Pirate Fooflesnort knows what's in an order marker Dread Pirate Fooflesnort knows what's in an order marker
Bomb Threat at School

School was closed for today because of a bomb threat. Apparently someone sent a letter to the mayor of a neighboring town saying that it and two other nearby school systems would be bombed today. We got the notice at the end of yesterday and it should be reopened by tomorrow. This is scary.

http://www.northjersey.com/page.php?...d2cWVlRUV5eTI=

GENERATION 26:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Old September 20th, 2007, 09:56 AM

Dread Pirate Fooflesnort knows what's in an order marker Dread Pirate Fooflesnort knows what's in an order marker
Does anyone actually care?

GENERATION 26:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Old September 20th, 2007, 10:18 AM

Argent has disabled reputation
Where was this?
Old September 20th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker
we used to get them back in the day too. And that was 18 years ago. The most we would do then, was stand outside, while the cops came, and ran through the place with bomb dogs. Then everything was back to normal.

It was probably more of the fact, that someone had a paper due, and needed a reason to shut school down for one day. You watch, when they find out who did it, and arrest him, it will be some kid from your school.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
Old September 20th, 2007, 11:30 AM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Nearly twenty years, quite some time before Columbine, our school almost had a tragedy. A kid had hired a cab, held the driver at gunpoint, tied him up and drove the cab to school. He had a long-barreled shotgun in his coat. The story is that when he went to open the door the gun went off, killing him. A list was found with him. He was parked on the cafeteria side and I was at lunch supposedly at the time this all took place.

Some say the scenario above wasn't exactly what happened, that instead he chickened out and just blew his head off in the cab. I don't know how it went down, but the end result was gun 1, student 0.

A bomb threat was called in two days later, and we were all bussed home. That was a scary couple of weeks.
Old September 20th, 2007, 11:53 AM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Kids pulled this all the time in my area. It's just some idiot who wants to get out of school. My mother teaches school in a nearby town and one year they had snow days Monday through Thursday and then a bomb threat on Friday. Pathetic.
Old September 20th, 2007, 11:56 AM

Argent has disabled reputation
There was a kid in my school that got tackled by a teacher when he pulled out a cap gun. (one of those kind that like like a .38 and used the ring style of caps) This was about 15 years ago.
Old September 20th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker
what they don't get, is that you have to make up those bomb threat days at the end of the year anyway. So instead, you get to sit in school and sweat your azz off.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
Old September 20th, 2007, 12:48 PM

Ted has disabled reputation
It sucks that you missed school right? Do not worry as many have already said this has been going on for years. Unless you have somebody famous at your school I would not worry.
Old September 20th, 2007, 01:48 PM

No, nobody famous at our school. An the time the letter said has already passed and there were not any explosions I heard.

GENERATION 26:

Old September 20th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Same thing some 35 years ago, except we never got to go/stay home. We just would sit outside until the school was cleared to return.

Personally, I am very happy that these are thoroughly investigated and the guilty party is usually caught and punished severely. This never occurred back when I was in school so it was a fairly common event. So common in fact that it never made the papers!

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old September 20th, 2007, 03:59 PM

Ravven Demonwing has disabled reputation
Those don't scare me anymore, because we get them at least once a month. I live in an extremely small town to, so it's pretty weird, but everyone just thinks of it as a day off school. (And no, we're not elemtary school kids, we are in high school, so we realise just what a bomb is and can do.)

Ravven Demonwing Manages the Training room in...
The Menagerie

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General