Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old June 2nd, 2009, 06:55 PM

Zhoom45 Woo who?
Re: Your Own Personal Strategies

I use the KoW and 4th with Gilbert to amazing effect. Use knights bonding to Gilbert, and use his Jandar's dispatch to move the 4th to high ground. Then use the knight's coward's reward to keep the opponent next to your knights and away from the 4th, who just barrage the opponent from a safe distance. You don't need to waste orders on moving the 4th with Gilbert helping them out. I have won almost everytime with this army.

On a more defensive note, A combination of Kelda and Saylind can quickly bring any wounded hero to safety and heal them all in 2-3 OMs. My Charos was at one life left, so I summoned him back, rolled a 20 the next turn, and Charos was joining the game as good as new. My brother was not amused to say the least .

Zhoom45 is every character in his own little world which no one has heard of, or wants to enter for that matter.

Last edited by Zhoom45; June 2nd, 2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old June 2nd, 2009, 08:31 PM

Fenmeister Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
There's quite a few instances that Morsbane can be effective if played right - he can completely cripple an opponent's strategy provided you have the dice on your side.

Imagine negating Raelin, or Q9, or taking out Sir Gilbert's bonding - it renders an entire strategem completely ineffective in many instances. Granted, you need to roll a 16 to do it, but even the fact that he is on the playfield (especially when Ulginesh is around) makes him a prime target and a good decoy if that's what your strategy calls for.

There's a lot of good units that can be used as decoys. Take Raelin, for instance. 9 of 10 times people will use multiple OMs early in the game to defeat her. If your goal is to draw shooters from a protective aura or away from some high value targets (cheerleaders, heroes, or vulnerable units) she is great to move off to one side of the map with people like the KMA to create a perceived threat to the opponent. Time your order markers right and you can draw your opponent's ranged units away from an advantageous position, allowing you to move your heavy hitters up and conquer the opponent's divided forces.
the thing about Morsbane is that his power can only be used 3x. It's not worth negating a figure you can destroy in one round if you have someone like braxas on the field...

You must have taken the Blue Pill from Agent Carr.
Old June 2nd, 2009, 10:22 PM

Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby!

I tend to go with one of two strategies;

1. Pure speed: I will try and slam you as quickly as I can and mow down half your army with the first 3 order markers. After that, I regroup and go from there. My Green Death Machine army is great for that.

2. The Wall: I set up a wall of figures or use them to make bottle necks and then just sit back and shoot the crap out of my opponent.

Although I have tried others, these tend to work the best. I've used them for fun and tournament play (I've only lost 1 round out of 5 with each in separate tournies-horrific dice rolls kept me from being perfect)

I did try this one for fun but it only works if your opponent has never seen it before:

Saylind + Joten = looks of absolute terror when Joten sudden appears in the opponents start zone. Its an expensive gamble but if your only playing for fun, its well worth the look if it works.

My Maps
Upcoming M.A.R.S. (Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers - PA/MD/NJ) Events Thread
Old June 2nd, 2009, 11:05 PM

temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcus View Post
Saylind + Joten = looks of absolute terror when Joten sudden appears in the opponents start zone. Its an expensive gamble but if your only playing for fun, its well worth the look if it works.
I would go so far as to drop Jotun for Charos=counter strike is a real pain in the ass when its killing off your 4rth mass army

Dave Grohl + Josh Homme + John Paul Jones= awesome
Old June 2nd, 2009, 11:33 PM
Midol, King of PMS

Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby!

My family likes to play General specific armies, and I've figured out a pretty good 500 point Einar Army. And a pretty good 300 point Einar army.

I have Hatomoto Taro
Tagawa Sam.
Kozuke Sam.
Ashigaru Harquebus
Izumi Sam
and Guilty McCreech

My Izumi, Ashigaru, and Hatomoto, move nearly together with Izumi in front. The Izumi engage any melee, giving time for the Ashigaru to take down range then melee opponents. Hatomoto keeps counterstrike strong with the Izumi, and my ashigaru have lots o luck with their attacks....

The Tagawa, Kozuke, and Guilty do clean up if the first wave doesn't do the job somehow. Never lost with this army.

Parmenio
Sacred Band
Izumi
Kozuke

The Kozuke and Izumi charge first and wipe most of the enemy away. The sacred band and Parmenio move in a formation that look like this.
Parmenio in center
_ _ _
_ _

They take some dmg, but the death defy works for me 50% of the time, so I clean out whats left of the enemy. A good unit against melee.
Never lost with this army either.

My strategy.

I was just thinking, Abomination is using this thread as a conspiracy to know our strategies, so if he ever faces us, he'll win!

I'm a F18, bro.
Old June 3rd, 2009, 12:02 AM

Fenmeister Woo who?

I fail to see how an ability with a 30% sucess rate works for you 50% of the time...(I suspect you aren't playing it enough yet...)

You must have taken the Blue Pill from Agent Carr.
Old June 3rd, 2009, 07:45 AM
Midol, King of PMS

Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby!

Actually, a 25% success rate. I've played at least 10 games with that 300 point army, and it must be the Einar dice I use.

I'm a F18, bro.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles