Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Old May 23rd, 2020, 03:16 AM

Shiftrex knows what's in an order marker Shiftrex knows what's in an order marker Shiftrex knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Workbook of Legolas

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
We've had a lot of conversation about Competition. We've also discussed doing a non-Competition version of Legolas.

How does this look?
NAME = LEGOLAS

GENERAL = ULLAR

SPECIES = ELF
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PRINCE
PERSONALITY = JOYFUL
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM/5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 7
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 90

DOUBLE ASSAULT
When Legolas attacks an adjacent figure or destructible object, he may attack one additional time.

DEFENSIVE AGILITY
When Legolas rolls defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, one shield will block all damage.
This is a Legolas that likes to get into the action. He looks to be very very good in a cleanup role.

I gave him a move of 7 to represent his quickness, and a range of 5 (could also be 6) to represent his smaller bow from before gets a new one in Lothlorien. Presumably with that bow we would bump his range by 1 or 2.
I like this idea, this shows a less experienced / hasn't been through the war of the ring yet version of Legolas. Honestly, the fellowship changes a lot through the course of the story because of how long it takes and they gain a lot of experience and fighting power that they didn't have before or rather they perfected it. (Gimli, Legolas, Aragorn, Gandalf... RIP Bormomir T_T)

A non-competition version is definitely needed and should be our first goal (imo) for the duo because they we have a benchmark for their progression. Does moving his range to 7 mess with his cost much? 90 point legolas is appealing to me, especially because I know that we could get a more powerful one later. I like that you referenced him being a prince of Mirkwood, but for his personality I think I'd like to see something closer to Bold, Prideful (arrogant doesn't really fit), because he is pretty full of himself in the beginning especially if we consider the movie version that came from Unexpected Journey.
Old May 23rd, 2020, 07:18 AM

Chris Perkins rolls all skulls baby! Chris Perkins rolls all skulls baby! Chris Perkins rolls all skulls baby! Chris Perkins rolls all skulls baby! Chris Perkins rolls all skulls baby!

Frankly, I've worked hard to forget he was included in the latter half of the Hobbit trilogy

But I do like the idea of a lower cost version w/out competition as the "Fellowship" version. I think his range should be 6 here, 8 with the "Two Towers" version. Even then it bugs me a little that Syvarris has a higher range than Legolas would, but I don't think 9 range is possible (too strong). I like the 8 range for "Two Towers" version best if it's part of one of the "choice" options. So his base range is the same in both cards (6) but in "Two Towers" version he has something like "Master Archer", where he can add 2 range, add 2 attack, or attack multiple times (is 3 too strong?).
Old May 23rd, 2020, 11:44 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth

I don't view it as Legolas gaining "experience." I think I recall Gandalf saying something in The Fellowship about him being a deadly warrior. I can't remember if he said he was one of the deadliest warriors in Middle Earth or just that he was deadly.

I think I might lean towards just adding range and competition to his "two towers" card; probably the same with Gimli (minus the range part)

Your custom probably has too much Defense.
--
Come join the Heroes of Middle Earth in creating Lord of the Rings Customs!
--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 23rd, 2020, 02:38 PM

Splash knows what's in an order marker Splash knows what's in an order marker

Well for the first half they trod and fight through more open country and the second they are knee deep in orcs in high ground crowded castles, so what if he had the double attack type power now and then a double attack or range choice if he holds his ground later (along with Competition), that way it's more of a tit for tat reflecting a change of strategy instead of a straight up "I was just okay at killing orcs, but now I'm amazing" sorta thing.
Old May 23rd, 2020, 02:49 PM

Splash knows what's in an order marker Splash knows what's in an order marker

We could also bump him up closer to Gimli, if we added that Legolas doesn't take leaving engagement strikes in Defensive Agility.
Old May 23rd, 2020, 02:49 PM

Shiftrex knows what's in an order marker Shiftrex knows what's in an order marker Shiftrex knows what's in an order marker

Fair enough, the change in strategy is nice to see but speaking from a training perspective there is a huge difference between open constant open warfare and what the Elves did in Mirkwood which was essentially ambush and slaughter. I think that additional/different abilities along with the upgraded bow represent both ideas very well and gives the figure flexibility which will be really cool. More choices = better figure.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs