Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old May 17th, 2020, 01:59 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
MSE - deactivate keywords

Hello,

Can someone with the hidden knowledge tell me how to de-bolden and de-capitalize Keywords in Magic Set Editor? I can remove the reminder Text, but if it recognizes the Keyword, it still makes it bold and capitalized and it just looks bad.

Thanks in advance!

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old May 17th, 2020, 02:29 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: MSE - deactivate keywords

I just love it when a custom power mentions "flying" and MSE drops the text in the middle of it. The easiest way I've found is to not fight it and go to the "Set info" tab and turn off automatic abilities. If necessary, I'll have 2 files for a particular set, one with abilities on, and one with them off.

If it is a power you use often, you can edit the "keywords" file in the heroscape.mse-game folder to add your own Keywords, but it always seemed like such a hassle to get the syntax right, I've never done it.

If @bmaczero is still around, he might have some other suggestions.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old May 18th, 2020, 04:55 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

I +1 mac122, just disabling it seems like the best move here.

If I want to occasionally use it to get the correct wording for a special power, I just re-enable it, type the power, copy/paste the auto-completion, and then disable it again. (it should not affect any other card if you don't click on them).

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old May 21st, 2020, 12:24 AM

bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wow, I just happened to log on today for the first time in months/years to fix some image hosting. Nice timing!

It's been ages since I looked at this crazy code but I thought I might be able to do something about that. I went ahead and changed the Automatic Abilities setting so you can now set it to "Case Sensitive" - meaning that it will only do automatic replacements if you allcaps the ability name. If you want to let me know how that works you can download the up-to-date template with the green button on GitHub (https://github.com/BrianMacIntosh/heroscape-mse).

It's awesome that people are still using this thing.

MSE: Easy Heroscape Card Creation
V2.5 Expanded Glyphs
Old May 21st, 2020, 12:54 AM

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmaczero View Post
Wow, I just happened to log on today for the first time in months/years to fix some image hosting. Nice timing!

It's been ages since I looked at this crazy code but I thought I might be able to do something about that. I went ahead and changed the Automatic Abilities setting so you can now set it to "Case Sensitive" - meaning that it will only do automatic replacements if you allcaps the ability name. If you want to let me know how that works you can download the up-to-date template with the green button on GitHub (https://github.com/BrianMacIntosh/heroscape-mse).

That's awesome. Wondering if you can share what was changed. I've heavily modified my files and would like to just update what I have.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old May 21st, 2020, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Quote:

That's awesome. Wondering if you can share what was changed. I've heavily modified my files and would like to just update what I have.
I think I found part of it (this copy doesn't show the indentations):
Quote:
set field:
type: boolean
name: automatic abilities
description: Automatically fill ability texts using keyword database?
choice: Case Sensitive
choice: Case Insensitive
choice: off
initial: Case Insensitive

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old May 21st, 2020, 07:39 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

[quote=mac122;2386868]
Quote:

I second that, ahah.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old May 21st, 2020, 08:20 PM

bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:

You can check out the diff for the entire change here: https://github.com/BrianMacIntosh/he...b610af8cd9d881.

V2.5 Expanded Glyphs
Old May 21st, 2020, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You can check out the diff for the entire change here: https://github.com/BrianMacIntosh/he...b610af8cd9d881.
Cool. I'm guessing the green is added text. Is the pink/red to be removed?

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old May 22nd, 2020, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Yeah, that's right.

V2.5 Expanded Glyphs
Old May 22nd, 2020, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, that's right.
Thanks for your help! I made one adjustment, setting the Initial to "Off". When I opened a set with "Case Insensitive" on, it redid some of the powers on the cards and didn't change back when I turned it off.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old May 24th, 2020, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, that's right.
Thanks for your help! I made one adjustment, setting the Initial to "Off". When I opened a set with "Case Insensitive" on, it redid some of the powers on the cards and didn't change back when I turned it off.
Hmm, thanks, I'll check that out when I get a chance.

V2.5 Expanded Glyphs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards