Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media
Other Media Books, Music, Movies, Television, Comics, etc.

Old August 28th, 2006, 12:18 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
Rest in Peace: Tony Jay

I just learned that Tony Jay passed away on August 13th. Tony did a lot of voice over work over the years but many knew him specifically as the voice of "Megabyte" in what I consider to be one of the best shows ever created for television: "Reboot!" His talents will be missed in the world of animation.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0419645/

Old August 28th, 2006, 12:19 AM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker
reboot was a pretty cool show, but I think it must have cost a ton to make, cuz it didn't last long.
Old August 28th, 2006, 12:27 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwojedi
reboot was a pretty cool show, but I think it must have cost a ton to make, cuz it didn't last long.
It didn't last long simply because Disney bought ABC and cancelled it as being to violent/intelligent for kiddies. After that Mainframe was free to do the third season as they wanted to and produced some of the best stuff ever shown on TV. Cartoon Network ran an edited version of it a few years ago. If you ever get a chance to watch it I highly reccomend it.
Old August 28th, 2006, 12:31 AM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Oh NO!
Tony Jay's voice was SO classic and menacing for Megabyte, and I looked up his other work and he'd been prolific, IIRC.

This is sad to hear - Tory and I really like Reboot and also consider it one of the best cartoons ever made.
I hope they get a new DVD set of Seasons 1-3, that have been OOP for years - we have the Season 4 one at least, and VHS of the other 3 seasons (season 3 being of course spectacular, intelligent programming).
Old August 28th, 2006, 01:01 AM

Oprime is surprisingly tart
He did voice acting in the Soulreaver series.
Its part of why the games story line is so good, IMO.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media