Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old May 6th, 2016, 08:53 AM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Battlefields of Valhalla Discussion Thread

I get that, for sure. I'm certainly not as active here myself as I once was. The part that is worrisome to me is that other people have volunteered to be on the review team and have been told there are no vacancies. I guess maybe I'm suggesting a certain level of activity (a check-in post once or twice a month?) to maintain membership on this committee. If not, pass the torch to some of the more active and excited members.

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!
Old May 6th, 2016, 02:45 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjosiah View Post
I get that, for sure. I'm certainly not as active here myself as I once was. The part that is worrisome to me is that other people have volunteered to be on the review team and have been told there are no vacancies. I guess maybe I'm suggesting a certain level of activity (a check-in post once or twice a month?) to maintain membership on this committee. If not, pass the torch to some of the more active and excited members.
Agreed!
Old May 6th, 2016, 07:07 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I second the motion. I'd love to see this thread back in action. I love seeing what the great mapmakers of the Heroscape world come up with...and putting a BoV stamp on em makes the maps that much better.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old May 7th, 2016, 03:52 AM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjosiah View Post
This is pretty rough. I nominated a map about 6 months ago. Not only has it not been reviewed, but only 2 of the 6 people have even chimed in about whether or not it SHOULD be reviewed.
Sorry about that. To be honest, I'm not certain what the activity is of the other members of the BoV. They may no longer be logging on to this site. Over the past two years, there has been a slow and steady decline in the activity on this thread.

It's nothing personal, it's just the state of this particular thread.
PM them, see who pops up.
Old May 7th, 2016, 11:59 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Also worth noting that there is another map project out there: Wargrounds of Scape

There hasn't been any activity over there for a long time as well, but there may be judges there who would be interested in getting things going again. Maybe a collaboration between both groups could get at least one of them (or a third group?) up and running.

Seeing as the first reason I found this site was because I was looking for a way to make balanced Heroscape maps, I would love to see at least one map group going again. However, I do understand why it's kind of died off. There's just not as much interest in maps as there used to be back in the day. Now the site here is more focused on customs, which is understandable, and mapmakers have fallen off by a large amount. In fact, if I remember correctly, a large amount of the slowing down of these groups was due to a lack of new submissions. People just aren't trying to make new competitive maps nowadays, at least not to the extent that they did back in the day. Which is sad, considering the ease with which we can now share maps due to the online gameplay we now have. So if something can come from this (and future) discussions, I'd be really happy.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old May 9th, 2016, 09:13 AM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Can we get a list of current members? I don't see it in the OP.

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!
Old May 9th, 2016, 11:52 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

We also have a group for Hoss called Boss. Basically it's the same idea as these threads: Balanced, fun maps that can be used for tournaments(That look and feel like star wars locales) Also there are sections for scenarios and casual play. Our thread has been pretty stagnant as well. For any of you guys that want to build fun star warsy maps, I know we wouldn't turn down anyone.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 9th, 2016, 12:01 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

This might be a complete list, though I wouldn't swear to it: dignan, @1Mmirg , fomox, @Bengi , @MadWookiee .

I tagged the ones who aren't already posting in this conversation.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 9th, 2016, 12:10 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

@happyjosiah

Quote:
SECTION 3: Self-governance
1. The Council will contain six judges. The current judges are: 1Mmirg, Bengi, Dignan, fomox, mad_wookiee, RoninValentina
This was last updated Aug. 9, 2014, but I think it's still accurate.
Old May 9th, 2016, 12:49 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

MW's profile indicates the following:
Quote:
Last Activity: September 27th, 2012 11:11 PM
Which is interesting, because he's posted in this thread since. Hmm. Still, I think it fairly captures his activity level.

RV's profile indicates the following:
Quote:
Last Activity: May 30th, 2014 02:07 AM
My own feeling about people disconnecting from their projects, which has happened several times now in the C3V, is that we first and foremost honor those people for all their contributions. That must not be forgotten, and it is, in fact, first and foremost. But then the next step is that the person should be removed from the voting rolls, because as long as that person is there, the project is sabotaged by the absence of a person whose votes are important.

It seems to me that it's an especially important problem with the BoV, where even a single non-participating member handcuffs the entire project, and here you have several.

It's up to you guys, the sitting judges, what you want to do. To my mind, the obvious choices are (1) replace the non-participating judges, or (2) close the doors, and pronounce that the display thread is complete.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 9th, 2016, 02:24 PM
Second Highest Poster

Thanks for the research D_S! I agree with what you are saying. I think a PM from Dignan to each of the inactive judges, give them a week or two to respond, and then replace them, with the understanding that they will be given preference if they choose to be active again.

My guess would be that even if you GET a response, it would be "please replace me, I have no time for this".

Old May 9th, 2016, 02:31 PM
Second Highest Poster

Bengi hasn't posted since December, Mimring since October. MadWookiee is different than @mad_wookiee so I tagged him as well, but he hasn't posted since 2014.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios