Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old April 22nd, 2019, 11:34 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Sir Heroscape's Maps

Had an idea for this one and I thought it turned out pretty good. Let me know what you think!

Moat
Sets: SotM, FotA, TJ

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old April 25th, 2019, 02:30 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Cool map. I always liked the idea of an abandoned or forgotten castle in the jungle/swamp...that's what often pops in my head when I see SotM+FotA+TJ (or without TJ) at least. Also it's always neat to see the castle door frame used in a competitive map. Glyph placement it nice; battle for the Wound is straight forward and has a lot of opening for quick battle, but if you want to get the move bonus and possibly prolong your hold of the Wound, which might be more beneficial in the later rounds with the +2 move, you enter the castle side.

One suggestion I have is you can use the last 3 swamp water tiles and place them in a straight line around the two piece wall at the top of the map, connecting the two 3-tile swamp water pools together. I think that will give them more use, and it will give you another way to hit the opponent if the castle area gets clogged.
Old May 18th, 2019, 04:30 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Here's another one!

It's a Tree

Simple, but a fun little twist with Startzone placement.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old May 22nd, 2019, 04:55 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Love the name haha.

I think this one will play out well. The tree-to-ruin placement is really good. I like what you did with the start zones, it slows down movement a bit and will make the map feel bigger than it actually is. Great map for beginners, too.

This one's going in the favorites bin of yours for me.
Old May 22nd, 2019, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
Love the name haha.

I think this one will play out well. The tree-to-ruin placement is really good. I like what you did with the start zones, it slows down movement a bit and will make the map feel bigger than it actually is. Great map for beginners, too.

This one's going in the favorites bin of yours for me.
Wow thanks! Yeah I had fun building this simple map and felt pretty good about how it turned out. I also had fun with the name, haha glad you liked it

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old June 3rd, 2019, 12:54 AM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Cool thoughts in this map. Love the idea of the different start-zone, run with it! I am a little concerned with the height placement behind the ruins. A podded range could be tough to in-tangle . . .
Old June 3rd, 2019, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Cool thoughts in this map. Love the idea of the different start-zone, run with it! I am a little concerned with the height placement behind the ruins. A podded range could be tough to in-tangle . . .
Yeah and it probably doesn’t need the Glyphs either. I think the ruin should help protect advancing troops on their way in though.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old June 20th, 2019, 10:10 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Had an idea for this one and I thought it turned out pretty good. Let me know what you think!

Moat
I meant to tell you - I played on this one the other day at our last Utah tournament. I was pleasantly surprised by it! At first, I felt it was a little too far on the simple side, but I found there was more depth to it than I anticipated. I enjoyed playing on it!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old June 20th, 2019, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Quote:

Moat
I meant to tell you - I played on this one the other day at our last Utah tournament. I was pleasantly surprised by it! At first, I felt it was a little too far on the simple side, but I found there was more depth to it than I anticipated. I enjoyed playing on it!
oh I'm glad to hear it. The map turned out exactly how I envisioned it in my mind, so I'm glad it played well too.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old June 29th, 2019, 08:29 PM

Added a couple new maps! Enjoy!

Caverned
Sets: BftU, TT

Summer Cold
Sets: SotM, RttFF, TT

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old July 20th, 2019, 04:16 PM

These are some hard sets to work with, but after some hard work I feel like I've gotten to a nice Asymmetrical map. I've played it a lot and love how it flows. No concerns yet. Let me know what you think!

Belly of the Beast
Sets: BftU, VW, RttFF

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old July 22nd, 2019, 10:28 AM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
These are some hard sets to work with, but after some hard work I feel like I've gotten to a nice Asymmetrical map. I've played it a lot and love how it flows. No concerns yet. Let me know what you think!

Belly of the Beast
Sets: BftU, VW, RttFF
Nice man! Taking a crack at an asymmetric map! It's looking good so far. Have you found that the lava tiles are a little more restrictive for the player on the left? Perhaps height placement balances it out. I've been wanting to check out some asymmetric maps, so I'll definitely add this one to the list!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios