Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old January 15th, 2010, 03:43 PM

CanScape has disabled reputation
Any older Wave Reprints this year?

For those in the know (in the NA, even), can we possibly look forward to older wave reprints this year? Any clues?...maybe a commons-only release like Wave 10?...with two new waves coming, I think it looks up! Anybody wanna make my month and tell me it's going to be Wave 3?
Old January 15th, 2010, 06:41 PM

Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Any older Wave Reprints this year?

There was plenty of Wave 3 available in the Fall of 2008. I am hoping for a reprint of Wave 4. I started playing Heroscape in the Fall of 2008 and tht Wave is the one real hole in my collection. The Blastrons from Wave 5/10 are not worth much without the Glads from Wave 4. There are also 8 heros in that wave, some of which would look good in a D&D setting.

“Flores died on the way up." Robert Heinlein, "Starship Troopers"
Old January 16th, 2010, 12:17 AM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I really wish they would reprint Wave 4. Have you seen how much the Aubrien Archers go for on ebay?
Old March 3rd, 2010, 02:49 PM

Redstone Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Bogue View Post
I really wish they would reprint Wave 4. Have you seen how much the Aubrien Archers go for on ebay?
Yeah, and I paid a pretty sum for those guys. Hoping for a reprint of Wave 4!

Redstone
"Imagination is more important that knowledge." Albert Einstein
Old March 19th, 2010, 11:44 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I get the feeling that WotC doesnt care how much we rant, they will do what they want.
Old March 19th, 2010, 11:55 PM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker

I would love to see more:

Wave 2 (Marro Drones/Knights)
Wave 4.5 (Raknar's Vision, would like a 2nd one)
Wave 6 (Heavy Gruts)
Old January 26th, 2010, 11:32 PM

Spartacus Maximus is surprisingly tart

I want to see a reprint of the commandos and the scots. those units are pretty cool.

Fish and custard
Old January 27th, 2010, 12:47 AM

Commander GD Woo who?

I don't know about you all, but I still have access to wave three...now if they reprinted 4 and 6....

EDIT: And no official member can tell you the answer officially, so I wouldn't bother trying their patience .
Old January 27th, 2010, 12:54 AM

dart48 knows what's in an order marker dart48 knows what's in an order marker

I've been wonduring. What waves have they reprinted in the past. I know they reprinted waves 1 and 5, but have they reprinted any others?
Old January 27th, 2010, 01:00 AM

dsbarrick is surprisingly tart

Just from a general sense of what I've read in other threads (as well as this one, of course), it sounds like a lot of people would really love a Wave 4 reprint. The Glads would make a nice compliment to the just-reprinted Blasts as Oliver Upshaw points out.

I remember hearing rumblings of a Wave 2 reprint quite a while back, but a number of threads I've read seem to suggest it's already happened and that it was in limited quantities. Can anyone confirm my suspicion that I've sadly missed out? Housemouse has a bit left, but at higher-than-average prices - and no Knights/Swogs.

I love the idea of reprints - the "never definitely discontinued" aspect of Heroscape is fantastic. I've been a huge fan of the Wave 1 reprint and Special Collection 10 - they're a chance to catch up. When I started playing, Wave 6 and a little bit of Wave 5 were on the shelves. . . the abundance of Wave 1 has allowed me to stock up on units I missed and Special Collection 10 has let me flll in some gaps - not to mention that Wave 10 presents beautiful re-paints that make some already great sculpts more playable - as well as making some awesome exclusives accessible.

It's so easy to get hooked on this game that I believe many newly-obsessed 'Scapers will always be fascinated by where the game has been as well as where it's going - I think demand for reprints will continue to be strong and that reprints are healthy for the game - although I could have a somewhat slanted view as the members of this site are likely the most dedicated of 'Scapers and may not represent the mass-market audience who just dabble in 'Scape and won't feel the need to catch up (or even investigate what there is to catch up on).

I'll be extremely enthusiastic about ANY reprints to go along with Waves 11 and 12 this year. . . and despite my initial misgivings about MS3, I'm actually very excited for Waves 11 & 12.
Old January 27th, 2010, 12:56 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Grungebob has stated he cannot confirm any re-releases this year.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old January 27th, 2010, 05:34 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Grungebob has stated he cannot confirm any re-releases this year.
So all we have to do is divine from what we know of Grungebob: Is he the sort of person who would reveal his knowledge of a re-release or keep it a secret? Now, a clever man would keep the knowledge to himself, because he would know that only a great fool would simply accept the information he was given, so we can clearly not trust a word he says. But he must know we . . .

I know I started it, but it's already falling apart, so I'll just spoil the ending:

Vezzini dies.

~Spite, who has stated that he cannot confirm who set his skull on fire

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News