Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

View Poll Results: What date would work best for you?
March 22 2 20.00%
March 29 5 50.00%
April 5 2 20.00%
April 12 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 2nd, 2008, 02:47 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2007, 2009, & 2012

MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby!
Columbus, OH - March 29, 2008 - All Armies Posted!

Hi everyone,

2744 Festival Lane
Dublin, OH 43017

614-336-2445

Date: March 29, 2008

Entry Fee: No entry fee. Though if you can bring a prize to help out our prize table that would be a huge help. It does not have to be Heroscape related.

Current Prize Pool:
Phoenix Dice Tower
Various Expansions
Master Win Choo Woo
Random Board Game or Card Game (I haven't decided which one I want to get yet)
Minutemen & Wolves
Custom Bridge
Sir Gilbert (Jandar Flag Bearer)
Gobbo Customs

Hosted By:
MattserTruckRally - I'll be overseeing the tournament and won't actually be participating
jacob_jp - Will be helping with overseeing. If there is an odd number of players he'll be playing in the event.
weesel_99 - Will help with ruling disputes

Point Format: 500 points

Starting Spaces: 24 spaces

Glyphs:
Attack+1
Defense+1
Initiative+8
Move+2
Massive Curse

Maps:

Highways and Dieways 2.0

Frozen Foothills by Messenger

Turret Rocks

Round Format: Swiss Style

The tournament will start at 12:00 and will consist of 5 - 50 minute rounds. We'll cut to Top 4 after that.

Current Attendees:

Definites (14)
No, David, No
cough_drops
Marduk
Tiberius + 4
Royaldoy + wife of Royaldoy
Boozehammer
southwestnina + wife
yanks114kd

Maybes (4)
jacob_j_p (if needed)
Draconius
Wildeyed_buckcat
ivlogo06

Grenade lobbyist
Old January 2nd, 2008, 06:44 PM
Gen Con Main Event Champion - 2015

weesel99 knows what's in an order marker weesel99 knows what's in an order marker
I just picked a random date. From my understanding it will be Mattster hosting and jacob_jp, ManTrain and I will just be there for help with the set up and such. This one will be a bit more organized than the one last year. I look forward to actually playing seeing as how I haven't in months. I'm not sure I've played since I took 4th in Hendal's tourney...olh yeah, the weesel took 4th. I think it's time for me to start living up to the Columbus Crew's rep. Just cause I love ManTrain so much I think I'll give anyone that beats him in the tourney like $5. Hope we have a good turnout again this year.
Old January 2nd, 2008, 08:31 PM
The Orc Master

Browncoat is surprisingly tart
Yay!

Time to start gearing up. Is this one going to be held in the same place as last time?
Old January 3rd, 2008, 09:09 AM

yanks114kd is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
when ever is good for me I have missed two in a row so i think i feel a "cold" coming on.

14MS-15RTTFF-6VW-5TT-6-FOTA-6SOTM-3TJ
1-MARVEL-3-D&D
Old January 3rd, 2008, 09:42 AM

MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Browncoat
Yay!

Time to start gearing up. Is this one going to be held in the same place as last time?
There are a couple of new shops set up in the Columbus area that would be pretty good for gaming. Once I have a date confirmed it'll likely be at one of those places.

Grenade lobbyist
Old January 3rd, 2008, 12:11 PM

jacob_j_p is surprisingly tart
Man, the spring is going to be busy for me. I'm taking a trip to see relatives overseas early March, then the HS tourney, and then a trip to new orleans in early april for work. I can make any of the dates, but the 5th is the worst of those dates for me (so far).

I hope the turnout is as good as it was last time. I'll leave myself out of the tourney to help keep things organized, unless we need another player to avoid the odd person getting a bye all the time.
Old January 4th, 2008, 01:28 PM
The Orc Master

Browncoat is surprisingly tart
Are we going to do just a straight 500 point army setup...as in, bring whatever units you want? Or where there be unit restrictions like there were at the Canton tournament, or themed armies like Marduk's tourney in Dayton? Or is Browncoat just too excited about this and should be quiet...
Old January 5th, 2008, 11:43 PM

Jedijoe9 is surprisingly tart
I voted for the 29th because it is slightly possible I would be able to attend that day. For spring break, I am hiking back to Columbus from Athens and it is all dependent of how quick the trip is (it would start on the 22)

I'll send this thread to my playgroup too. There are five of us in Columbus, so we might be able to bring a few people to the tournament depending on when people's spring breaks are.

Currently investing way to much time for a college student in: nerfing, heroscape, and urban exploration.

Soon moving to Greensburg, PA. 'Scape there? Let me know
Old January 6th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
To long a commute for old Hendal - he is getting old, but I know my nephew , niece and her boyfriend will probably be there if work does not get in the way ( work sucks , but I need the bucks - or something like that )

Hey I finally got my gold out of the bank and owe one of you guys a nugget? I am not even sure which one with out looking - from Marduk's tourney - PM me with an address and I will send it later this week ( I would tomorrow but I head to Panama really early for a few days ).

Marduk - I got Jim's address and will finally be sending his prize out also - I didn't forget I am just on Tico Time down here in Costa Rica ( did I mention it is always sunny here- I think it is about 90 in the shade today )

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old January 7th, 2008, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browncoat
Are we going to do just a straight 500 point army setup...as in, bring whatever units you want? Or where there be unit restrictions like there were at the Canton tournament, or themed armies like Marduk's tourney in Dayton? Or is Browncoat just too excited about this and should be quiet...
I'm not planning on any restrictions. Just standard 500 points warfare. If anyone has any feedback on maps they would like to see used feel free to PM me and I will strongly consider it for the tournament.

I think we'll have a prize though for the most creative army.

Grenade lobbyist
Old January 7th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
Once a date is picked for this, I will see if any of the guys over here in Pa want to come, Columbus isnt that far. It will depend on the weekend.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old January 7th, 2008, 04:35 PM

Moxilla Woo who?
Any weekend in March is good for me.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events