Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old October 6th, 2009, 10:50 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - 10/06 - Katie Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
She'd be fun to matchup against the Hulk (though she'd definitely lose).
Hey, she could always roll 6 skulls and the Hulk could whiff. She'd definitely earn her points back if that ever happened. Not to mention, Hulk would never attack her - she's a 5 year-old girl.
Old October 6th, 2009, 10:58 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Cool take on a character I know nothing about! So, basically, she hits really hard, then runs away for the rest of the round, then hits really hard again the next round? I like it.
Pretty close. She could disintegrate matter and absorb it (and start glowing). Once charged in that manner, she could then shoot energy balls. In later issues she learned to do a sort of ranged counterstrike by absorbing energy or projectiles that hit her.

I'm looking forward to see what you come up with for Jack Power. I'm guessing Stealth Flying and Jack Hammer Special Attack.
Old October 6th, 2009, 11:04 PM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
In later issues she learned to do a sort of ranged counterstrike by absorbing energy or projectiles that hit her.
Thanks for the reminder! I'll have to keep that in mind when I get around to a second draft.

EDIT: Hurting my back at work last night means I'm stuck at home today, so I figured I'd bang out another Power Pack card. Here's the next oldest kid, Jack Power (aka Mass Master):

Last edited by Sherman Davies; October 7th, 2009 at 10:40 AM.
Old October 7th, 2009, 10:00 PM

Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - 10/07 - Jack Power

Okay, managed to whip up the rest of Power Pack while I was laid up today, so here they are:

My goal was to make the Pack play in a similar fashion as the Elven Wizards or my custom Hobbits - that is, like a group of low cost heroes who can work together almost like a squad. I also wanted to incorporate their superhero names into the cards and simulate their unique method of getting from place to place (which usually involved Alex making Katie weightless while Julie pushed the two of them around).

And before anyone mentions it, yes, I am aware of some of the potential combos that Alex's powers make possible.
Old October 7th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - 10/07 - Power Pack

These PP cards look like they'll be fun to use SD. I really like the pictures and background for them, that's a +rep for awesomeness.

At Felindar's request, I came up with some stats/abilities for these guys not too long ago. I only had one PP comic on hand to go by (Mutant Massacre storyline back in the '80s) and research on the internet. Mine ended up being a little more buff, but again, I wasn't super familiar with them other than what I could dig up.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old October 7th, 2009, 10:55 PM

Hey Hahma, I just tried to check out your Power Pack customs, but the links in the original post don't seem to be working.
Old October 7th, 2009, 11:06 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Hey Hahma, I just tried to check out your Power Pack customs, but the links in the original post don't seem to be working.

Wow SD, none of mine and Felindar's are working. That's the first time that's happened, that I'm aware of. He was the one that made the cards, I just provided the stats/abilitiesk, so whatever site he is using to host the cards is down or something else if wrong. I don't know how any of that works really. I think Felindar's working until tomorrow, so maybe something happened while he was away. I'll leave him a PM to see if he can get them back up tomorrow.

Thanks for letting me know.

Old October 7th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

This is why I've been backing up all the cards Sherman's been making for me on my external harddrive. Just in case he ever up and disappears on me or something.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 7th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I like them. I think they do a good job of capturing the flavor. I still would like to see the Jack Hammer Special Attack (when he would go from cloud overhead to 6 inch tall boy with the same mass landing on their head). Maybe an attack of 3-4 and a chance of removing an order marker. But he already has a lot of special ability text and three specials.
Old October 7th, 2009, 11:22 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
This is why I've been backing up all the cards Sherman's been making for me on my external harddrive. Just in case he ever up and disappears on me or something.

I did save all of my West Coast Avengers cards, Giganto, Mole Man, Kraven and I think Moloids to my computer. Haven't gotten to the Power Pack ones yet

I left a PM for Felindar and when he gets back tomorrow, I'm sure he'll let me know what happened. I hope so anyway. All of his solo customs are gone too.

Old October 7th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yuck. Hopefully they're OK.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 7th, 2009, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Not to worry - I don't plan on leaving any time soon.

Good idea about backing up the cards, though. I may start doing that for all my GIMP files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
I like them. I think they do a good job of capturing the flavor. I still would like to see the Jack Hammer Special Attack (when he would go from cloud overhead to 6 inch tall boy with the same mass landing on their head). Maybe an attack of 3-4 and a chance of removing an order marker. But he already has a lot of special ability text and three specials.
Yeah, I didn't have room for one more power and Jack Hammer was the one that I felt could be dropped since it's essentially just a normal melee attack from a 7-year old kid. I may end up bumping Jack's attack to a 3 just to represent the surprise nature of having 60 lbs of white boy drop on your head. Plus, it would give the Pack another offensive option - right now, it's all on Katie's shoulders.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations