Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old May 31st, 2017, 06:05 PM

wbdhoc knows what's in an order marker wbdhoc knows what's in an order marker
Re: Rectangular C3G cards, updated 5.6.16 (Wave 25)

You can laminate an entire 8X11 sheet then make your cuts. The trick is finding a sweet spot for purchasing the appropriate thickness so the pages can be thick enough for wear and tear but thin enough to cut with a standard cutting board. After that, the rectangular cards will fit easily into baseball card sized pages for easy storage. I still keep my scape cards in CD folders but all my comic customs are card only and thus far I've had no complaints.

BANJO WILL GET YOU THROUGH THE TIMES WITH NO MONEY. MONEY CAN'T GET YOU THROUGH THE TIMES WITH NO BANJO.
Old May 31st, 2017, 06:35 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbdhoc View Post
You can laminate an entire 8X11 sheet then make your cuts. The trick is finding a sweet spot for purchasing the appropriate thickness so the pages can be thick enough for wear and tear but thin enough to cut with a standard cutting board. After that, the rectangular cards will fit easily into baseball card sized pages for easy storage. I still keep my scape cards in CD folders but all my comic customs are card only and thus far I've had no complaints.
So does your laminator stick directly to the paper cards? I always assumed that the laminator works by bonding the plastic sheets to itself and that's why there was always a lip around the edge of what you are laminating.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old May 31st, 2017, 08:58 PM

wbdhoc knows what's in an order marker wbdhoc knows what's in an order marker

Yes, the laminating device thermally adhesives the pouches to both sides of the paper, which allows the user to print, laminate then cut the cards.

BANJO WILL GET YOU THROUGH THE TIMES WITH NO MONEY. MONEY CAN'T GET YOU THROUGH THE TIMES WITH NO BANJO.
Old June 1st, 2017, 12:30 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

That sounds pretty sweet.
Old June 2nd, 2017, 04:24 PM
math olympian

mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I myself laminate using individual 2-9/16 x 3-3/4 size pouches (see image) and these can be placed inside 9-card sheets in an album (see image). You can see the album is really thick by now. I also make albums of non-laminated cards, but the laminated ones are the ones used for play. (This was the rule after a couple of drink spilling accidents. )

I am going to spend some time this weekend trying to update the rectangular cards projects. Sporx has volunteered to continue helping me in this project, thanks Sporx!
Old June 2nd, 2017, 05:15 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Just imaging moving all those cards around with every new release to keep them in order.
Old June 2nd, 2017, 06:59 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Just imaging moving all those cards around with every new release to keep them in order.
Yeah it kind of suck which is why I start each letter of the alphabet on a new sheet so I don't have to move everything every time. My binder is just C3G with a few random custom superhero cards I've gathered through the days and it's a hefty 3" binder. I can't imagine the thickness with you guys that go all out with everything Heroscape.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old June 3rd, 2017, 02:02 AM
math olympian

mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Yeah it kind of suck which is why I start each letter of the alphabet on a new sheet so I don't have to move everything every time. My binder is just C3G with a few random custom superhero cards I've gathered through the days and it's a hefty 3" binder. I can't imagine the thickness with you guys that go all out with everything Heroscape.
Yes, it does indeed suck whenever I have to sort in new cards, now that there are 70+ pages of cards. I like the idea of starting each letter on a new page. I might have to go with that next time.
Old June 3rd, 2017, 12:36 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I sort my cards into smaller groups of themes, that way when I'm building up themed armies or looking for specific synergy all the cards are in one place. I also split them up by DC, Marvel, or Indy to help me track down a specific card quicker. So one group of card might be Marvel Fighters & Crime Fighters (that aren't mutants as the mutants have their own packs), then another might be DC Criminals.
Old June 3rd, 2017, 02:13 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I sort my cards into smaller groups of themes, that way when I'm building up themed armies or looking for specific synergy all the cards are in one place. I also split them up by DC, Marvel, or Indy to help me track down a specific card quicker. So one group of card might be Marvel Fighters & Crime Fighters (that aren't mutants as the mutants have their own packs), then another might be DC Criminals.
I did something similar at first but then the whole Mutant Fighters meant I was looking in multiple places anyway. I also went the Marvel/DC/Indy route but my son doesn't always remember where every character is from.

So I went straight alphabetical with gaps between each letter. I combated the theme issue by having a few printed sheets at the beginning of my binder. With the labeled dividers for each letter in my binder it's quick work flipping to that letter and tracking down the card I need.

I have a second binder of equal thickness for maps, rule books, and the Team Draft Cards for our favorite teams at designated point totals. Sometimes instead of individual drafted figures we draft from a group of team cards.

For the maps I create a card sized thumbnail of each map build I've printed and place that in the same 9 cards sleeve sheets as the cards. We can quickly scan through the images and select a map to build. Sort of a pictorial table of contents.

Old June 4th, 2017, 12:56 AM
See the Book of Sporx for updates.

Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

FYI - the first post has been updated by mathguy. Updates from April 2016 - May 2017 (plus some other card fixes) are downloadable. Enjoy!
Old June 4th, 2017, 01:22 PM
math olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporx View Post
FYI - the first post has been updated by mathguy. Updates from April 2016 - May 2017 (plus some other card fixes) are downloadable. Enjoy!
And credit for these updated cards goes to Sporx.
I myself have always dreaded going back to update cards. So, thanks Sporx for taking care of the updates.

I'm currently working on the new cards. 14 down and 34 to go.
(And then Sporx gets the job of proofreading them and inserting II, III,... where appropriate.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy