Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Notices

Old March 26th, 2014, 01:21 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Website Issues (With Mysterious Disappearing Final Page)

I'm going to echo a few of the posters above. When I come in to the site and log in on the home page when I click the User CP link on the toolbar it immediately takes me to the "insufficient permissions" log in page. This is not the first time this has happened too me. But it was a long time ago.

Could its resurgence have something to do with the server change?

Just logged in and sent a PM. Worked normally until after the pm sent. Then I clicked on User CP and it took me back to the log in screen.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX

Last edited by William099; March 26th, 2014 at 06:26 PM.
Old March 28th, 2014, 04:01 AM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

A lot of nights when I try to log on the page isn't available. I won't be able to get to pladhatgames.com either during those times. Is there still work being done on the sites?

It happened just a few minutes ago and seems like it will come and go.
Old March 28th, 2014, 08:05 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

D_S, here is the reason why:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
I'll have the photo issue fixed later today.
Any idea as to why the site was down for a while?
Yes, our DNS is still hosted at the old server and it had a hiccup that took us out briefly. (For those unfamiliar with DNS, check the spoiler.)
Spoiler Alert!
DNS is usually pretty resilient to short interruptions because there is a lot of caching of the name-to-ip mappings. However, around a server move this is less the case and you experienced the result; the new server was up, but your computer didn't know how to find it. Why is it less resilient right now? It's complicated, but techies can check the spoiler.
Spoiler Alert!
truth and I were working on this very issue yesterday, so we'll soon have DNS on the new server too. At that point all reliance on the old server will be gone.
Old March 28th, 2014, 09:45 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Me?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 28th, 2014, 10:39 AM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Me?
Yes you! Gee, D_S, pay more attention when you ask a non-existent question that nobody else but MegaSilver can see.

~JS, who thinks M_S meant to reference Hogg, not D_S
Old March 28th, 2014, 12:11 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Me?
Yes you! Gee, D_S, pay more attention when you ask a non-existent question that nobody else but MegaSilver can see.

~JS, who thinks M_S meant to reference Hogg, not D_S

Yes, I meant Hogg, not D_S.
Old March 29th, 2014, 08:58 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Site's been done for me for a long time (Few hours), I just now was able to get back on.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old March 29th, 2014, 09:44 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
Site's been done for me for a long time (Few hours), I just now was able to get back on.
Only was able to get back on a minute ago after trying since before twelve.

~JS, my breathing has returned to normal
Old March 29th, 2014, 09:47 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Same here. I thought it was just the bad weather I'd been having, though.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old March 29th, 2014, 09:47 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I was not able to get on all morning or afternoon.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old March 29th, 2014, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
I was not able to get on all morning or afternoon.
I was working early this morning.
Old March 29th, 2014, 09:49 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

I got a message from the admins on Firefox saying that they were moving to a new server. Anyone else get that or was it just me.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online