Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old January 1st, 2012, 11:29 PM

Prometheus is surprisingly tart
Re: Suggestions for the C3V Design Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
A large miniature (stupid oxymoron) that looks good for any type of large expansion or just on it's own is the D&D Cyclops Crusher #13 from Dangerous Delves. Auggies has 19 for $3.49, and ebay has another 50 or so at a time for slightly higher prices, anywhere from 3 to 7 dollars. I checked MiniatureMarket, which unfortunately is out of them. Here's a picture-

To me, the blue-grey skin and wood club/mace screams Aquilla.
Gurei-Oni...

L.K.R.
Old January 1st, 2012, 11:31 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
Quote:
A large miniature (stupid oxymoron) that looks good for any type of large expansion or just on it's own is the D&D Cyclops Crusher #13 from Dangerous Delves. Auggies has 19 for $3.49, and ebay has another 50 or so at a time for slightly higher prices, anywhere from 3 to 7 dollars. I checked MiniatureMarket, which unfortunately is out of them. Here's a picture-

To me, the blue-grey skin and wood club/mace screams Aquilla.
Gurei-Oni...
Old January 2nd, 2012, 08:44 AM

Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness

One thing I would really like to see is an Armoc Warlord. We have Venoc Vipers, Armoc Vipers, a Venoc Warlord, but not Armoc Warlord. I was thinking of something like this:

Viper Vitality
When a Viper you control receives one or more wounds from normal attack from a non-adjacent figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 17 or higher, ignore any wounds.

Venomous Spray Special Attack
Range 6, Attack 3
If Armoc Warlord inflicts at least one wound with Venomous Spray Special Attack, place one green poison marker on the defending figure's army card. Any figure with a green poison maker on its card that receives one or more wounds from a normal attack from a Viper you control receives one additional wound.

I might be alone in loving Vipers and wanting to see more of them, but I really do.
Old January 2nd, 2012, 10:32 AM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirek View Post
One thing I would really like to see is an Armoc Warlord. We have Venoc Vipers, Armoc Vipers, a Venoc Warlord, but not Armoc Warlord. I was thinking of something like this:

Viper Vitality
When a Viper you control receives one or more wounds from normal attack from a non-adjacent figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 17 or higher, ignore any wounds.

Range 6, Attack 3
If Armoc Warlord inflicts at least one wound with Venomous Spray Special Attack, place one green poison marker on the defending figure's army card. Any figure with a green poison maker on its card that receives one or more wounds from a normal attack from a Viper you control receives one additional wound.

I might be alone in loving Vipers and wanting to see more of them, but I really do.
While it's a good idea, the only mini I could find was this-

D&D Yuan-ti Champion of Zehir from the Desert o Desolation. Not super rare, but not widely available, and the price tends to hover from 8-14 dollars. A bit steep for a unique hero.
Old January 2nd, 2012, 10:40 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...90#post1374290

-insert signature here-
Old January 7th, 2012, 01:18 PM

Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirek View Post

Viper Vitality

Range 6, Attack 3

While it's a good idea, the only mini I could find was this-

D&D Yuan-ti Champion of Zehir from the Desert o Desolation. Not super rare, but not widely available, and the price tends to hover from 8-14 dollars. A bit steep for a unique hero.
I was poking around and found this figure

on various websites. Checking out ebay, Miniature Market, Coolstuffinc., and DandDminis.com, I was able to find about 40 of this guy, going for about $3 each. He's a Dangerous Delves Yuan-Ti Fangblade (#40)

Granted, he's not as cool as the one you posted, but he's a lot more affordable, and still fits the theme. The Venomous Spray might need changed because he has a sword, though. Or it could just be a special attack while his normal attack is melee with a higher attack value.
Old January 29th, 2012, 11:53 AM

Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The new Ettin from the new Pathfinder Battles looks good and has really good availability. Miniature market has a little under 100 in stock, Troll and Toad has about 50, Auggies has 10 and Coolstuff Inc. has over 20. He is a little bigger than Krug so he could go into the C3V large expansion. He also looks like a nice savage figure for Valkrill. Another nice thing is that the Pathfinder miniatures are in print so you could just go to your local FLGS and pick one up.

Last edited by Toogwick_tuk; January 29th, 2012 at 05:47 PM. Reason: checked T&T
Old January 29th, 2012, 05:46 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I picked up a few Pathfinder minis and I like this Lizardfolk Champion:

I know you just released Zogross but maybe this guy would be a good addition somewhere down the line. (Though, for the life of me, I can't figure out why he's holding a trident up like he's going to chop wood with it.)

I'd also like to go ahead cast an advance "no" vote to any Pathfinder goblin. Very childish and cartoonish-looking. I was thinking about trading them in to Auggie's but whenever I look at them the voices in my head tell me to destroy them so they don't annoy anyone else
Old January 29th, 2012, 06:05 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossman View Post
I picked up a few Pathfinder minis and I like this Lizardfolk Champion:

I know you just released Zogross but maybe this guy would be a good addition somewhere down the line. (Though, for the life of me, I can't figure out why he's holding a trident up like he's going to chop wood with it.)

I'd also like to go ahead cast an advance "no" vote to any Pathfinder goblin. Very childish and cartoonish-looking. I was thinking about trading them in to Auggie's but whenever I look at them the voices in my head tell me to destroy them so they don't annoy anyone else
I am excited about the C3V possibilities of the new pathfinder minis, so is the rest of the team; thanks for the suggestions.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old January 29th, 2012, 07:31 PM

personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossman View Post
I'd agree, totally the wrong look for scape, but I actually rather like the mini on its own. Don't destroy them, somebody wants them. Worst case, auggies buys a whole mess of them for super cheap, and I get to buy them 2 for a dollar. Sounds good to me.

TL;DR: I put a lot of thought into my posts. Please read them before responding, even if they seem long. I try to make my posts useful and worth the time.

Like NERVs? Try my new app! - My customs
Old January 31st, 2012, 07:48 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

The recent DnD Green Wyrmling card prompted me to browse a nearby Michael's craft store...

How about a "Wyrmlings and Whelps" custom booster?

I present at least five more wyrmlings for customs use. The first four are available here...
Spoiler Alert!

...The gold, copper & upright blue dragon have an excellent metallic paint job that this picture does no justice. The green wyrmling also has a good finish, and is an in-print option for a green wyrmling. The purple-blue dragon and phoenix look awful, though the blue dragon could be repainted into something decent--if you cut off the poor firebreath. The metallic blue dragon could be renamed a metallic dragon to classify it differently than the existing 'Scape version. Also available at Hobby Lobby, both retailers offer weekly print coupons of 40-50% off one item, very affordable, though acquisition of multiples will be slow.

Wyrmling #5 and four other good sculpts here...
Spoiler Alert!

...These are miniatures of the full-size line shown here.
Wyrmling #5 is the sea dragon. A trio of "whelps" miniatures are the chimera (needs a black wash, otherwise great), superior phoenix sculpt and griffon. The minotaur appears to be a Height 4-5 figure, if you want a human-sized squad of minos. The mermaid, merman and unicorn are all poor, toss them.

The chimera could be a young version of the Paizo sculpt, as the Safari full-size one is too large for HeroScape. Safari's f-s griffon won't balance on a double-base, but the f-s minotaur, phoenix are prime candidates for large figures. That phoenix in particular is right at home among Nilfheim & crew.

I haven't seen the "Lair of the Dragons" Toob #2 yet, so can't comment on their suitability.

Last edited by UtahScott; January 31st, 2012 at 11:23 PM.
Old January 31st, 2012, 08:52 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

That is a pretty cool find. I'd think they would make better proxies than C3V figures though, for qualities sake. (Unless they are better looking in person)

Are they rubbery like other "tube" toys or somewhat stiff? I might pick a toob or two up if I see them at Michaels for customs!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs