Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old November 3rd, 2007, 01:24 AM

jodokast is surprisingly tart
jodokast's maps and scenarios-updated 2-01-08 (page2)

Here are some maps I've been working on for a while. Some of them have seen action, others haven't. They aren't in any particular order, that’s just how I got to them.
Separate scenarios are after the maps.

Lava Crossing download
I made Lava Crossing to serve as an aesthetically pleasing map that included an abandoned road and a lava flow. The road has long since fallen into disrepair and is unusable. I added the ruins and the castle for LOS blockers. Basically a 1-1 battle.

Drake vs. Marro download
Sgt. Drake Alexander was the most at home he had been since joining the fight in Valhalla. He was in a bunker with a small compliment of soldiers at his command, and all of them were human followers of Jandar. There were other leaders in the bunker, but Jandar had placed him in command of the group. Unfortunately, his comfort would be short-lived.
A day ago, Drake received word that an army of Utgar’s Marro was headed in his direction. He had decided then that this bunker was the most defendable position in the area. Now as he was standing in his bunker he could smell the vile creatures approaching. Drake regretted sending the Airborne Elite out on that scouting mission and hoped they would return soon. He vowed to himself to push the Marro back to the swamps from which they came. As the Marro approached the banks of the nearby river, Drake readied his soldiers with battle plans and encouragement.
Moments later the drones began swarming across the bridge and up the hill to the bunker, commanded by their hivelords. Then Drake lost himself in the din of battle.

Drake and any human followers of Jandar versus Marro, Nagrubs, and Wulsinu: 500-600 points.
Marro automatically win initiative first round, and get to use the “X” order marker in the first round as well.

The Vault download
It is ideal for a giant Marvel battle. Start wherever you want. The different regions make for different strategies, making each game unique. Build note, I didn’t use any lava in building this map. My VS file was messing up each time I built it with Concrete and Asphalt, so I substituted for it in the file. You can really use anything, since those are only foundation pieces.

3 Rivers Destruction
Named for a construction company I was once a part of. I wanted to try my hand at a three player map. The first team to reach the Glyph of Brandar gets a +1 to all attack rolls for the rest of the round. Control the Glyph of Brandar for an entire round to win.

Cavern of Enchantment download
I initially designed this map to be used with a form of capture the flag I devised. Find the scenario here. However, I think it stands well on its own, though the start zones may need to be moved and there is some unused space on the right side of the board.

Stepping Stones download
I just wanted to make a siege map with an absurd option for entering the castle. A special rule is needed, being able to walk the stepping stones at normal speed (ignore stopping in water as long as you are between two stepping stones).

Scenarios
I have some scenarios not specifically tied to individual maps. One is a campaign and two are capture the flag games.
My Campaign is found here.
My Capture the Flag games are found here.

More to come eventually.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!!

Think Safely!
Old November 3rd, 2007, 10:18 AM

Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker
Great maps! Very visually pleasing. I like the 3 player river map the best.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
(Codex downloadable into a spreadsheet for easy self-sorting)
Note to self: One ladder for every TWO levels!!!!!!
Old November 3rd, 2007, 10:42 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I really like The Vault, especially for a Marvel map. But you might want to have starting zones.
Old November 3rd, 2007, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne
I really like The Vault, especially for a Marvel map. But you might want to have starting zones.
I have used the 4 Glyphs of Brandar as starting zones and they worked out fine. Though if you wanted to use the one in the ruins and the one in the sand, you may want to spread them a little farther apart. Not that it matters much, those Marvel guys can really move.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!!

Think Safely!
Old November 4th, 2007, 12:49 PM

dracofire1234 has disabled reputation
Cool

thosse are some cool maps keep making cool maps
Old November 4th, 2007, 10:33 PM

STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker
Wow cool maps Jodokast!

Edit: Post 1000!

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco
Old November 4th, 2007, 11:00 PM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Wow, these are really aesthetically pleasing maps. I especially like the Drake vs. Marro bunker map and the Stepping Stones map. Something about these two suggests a sense of "place" to me, like you could find them on a map. I don't know if that makes any sense or not but that's the best I can describe my reaction.
Old November 12th, 2007, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elstree
Wow, these are really aesthetically pleasing maps. I especially like the Drake vs. Marro bunker map and the Stepping Stones map. Something about these two suggests a sense of "place" to me, like you could find them on a map. I don't know if that makes any sense or not but that's the best I can describe my reaction.
I really appreciate that. Basically, that is what I try for, to some extent, in all my maps. After studying the maps Hasbro has put out, it looks like that is what they try to do also. I was just trying to copy the concept.

Think Safely!
Old November 14th, 2007, 11:58 AM

Basically I was trying to come up with a map to showcase the central feature, the Giant's Sword. Whether or not I succeeded is up to you.

Giant’s Sword download
In the farthest reaches north, legend tells of a giant so big he could topple mountains in a single blow. Hundreds of years have passed since the last old traveler claimed to have seen his sword in the distant north. Yet once again, with the armies of Valhalla pressing farther into the edges of the map, a scout has claimed to have seen the giant's sword thrust into a frozen river. General's call forth their armies to claim this token for their own, little knowing the death toll obtaining it will cost.

Special rules: Any figure standing next to the sword gains +1 attack dice to normal attacks.

Heavy snow, normal ice

Army size: 300-500 points. Place army as far back in starting zone as possible.

[/url]

Think Safely!
Old November 14th, 2007, 03:50 PM

guns_linger has disabled reputation
Wow... Giant's Sword is awesome.
Old November 14th, 2007, 06:08 PM

that guy has disabled reputation
Is that map giving me the finger?
Old November 14th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The only problem I have is in the Glyph of Brandar one Cyprien could easily get to it for the win

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios