Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old February 13th, 2007, 05:28 PM

darth_stalker Woo who?
Destiny of Betrayal

Disclaimer: Both the scenarios and descriptions of characters and settings may vary wildly from those written about by other authors.

Chapter 1 – Broken Allegiance

The mid day sun roasted the piles of corpses that littered the small plain of Garishidan of the foot of Mount Frozenspark. This small plain had been peaceful and silent as the first beams of light illuminated the dew on the grass. But now the blood of kyries and the drool of cybernetic wolves had replaced the morning dew.

The stench of death baked under the summer sun as the survivors licked their wounds and carried their fallen comrades to a quaint nearby spring. A man dressed in a plain black suit staggered near the spring with the body of a similarly dressed woman in his arms. “This is getting old.” He complained to his feminine companion in a hoarse whisper. He reached down with a cupped hand and scooped a bit of the cold water to let trickle between her lips.

As her eyelids twitched open she mumbled, “Is it over?”

“Is it ever over Cassandra?” The man asked with a grim and depressed smile. He was torn between being happy to hear her voice again and frustration from the eternal struggle and never ending pain their lives had become.

“Why are they doing this to us?” Cassandra mumbled again. “I would have rather died on Earth than to die over and over again. Is this hell, Tom? Did we really die? Are we just being deceived by all the lies about what is really going on?” Tears trickled from the edge of her green eyes.

Tom swallowed hard as he looked across the field at a winged man that he had at once admired. “Ask Vydar. I just don’t know anymore.”

The man from across the field was making his way closer dragging another of Cassandra and Tom’s comrades. He could sense that they were discussing the battle, the situation they were now in and more importantly his responsibility to them. As he drew closer to Tom he seemed to fade in and out of existence with his high tech armor.

Tom stood as the other man approached and bravely requested, “The next time Cassandra and I die at the same time, please, I beg you, do not bring us back. We have suffered enough Vydar. Give us peace now!”

Vydar drew a deep breath as though he were about to say something profoundly inspiring but then remained silent lost in the correct words to say. Then finally he announced, “Things are changing Tom. I understand your frustration. But I brought the three of you here because you were brave and fearless in your previous lives.”

“Dying is sometimes very painful. We consider ourselves fortune when we have a quick death but being mortally wounded on a daily basis…” Tom interrupted.

“I have already discussed this with Einar.” Vydar returned the interruption. “We have both noticed our units being sent forward to fight of Jandar’s Sentinels while Utgar sends forth only his mechanical fodder and orc hordes and keeps his precious minions safe.” Vydar paused momentarily to look over his shoulder to ensure no one else could hear his words. “Einar and I have realized that we have been on the wrong side this whole time. Even we make mistakes you know.” Vydar confessed.

“But what does this mean for us?” Cassandra inquired.

“It means that if we change our alliance and join with Jandar and Ullar that we can probably reach an agreement to share the well springs; enough to ensure a nearly eternal life of peace and prosperity. After that, well, I suppose that depends on how you choose to spend the next few hundred years of your life.” Vydar announced as he discreetly motioned yet another powerful looking man dressed in an elaborate robe to come closer and join the conversation.

The robed and winged figure gracefully approached the small gathering. “You have told them? I kept our deal and I have shared this with none of my own men.” He said.

“Then perhaps it is time Einar. They deserve to know.” Vydar responded firmly.

“After we have raised our fallen… not a moment sooner. These last few victories have reduced Jandar’s numbers significantly. Only a few months ago the sentinels outnumbered the minions two to one. Now, thanks to our own efforts, the numbers have evened out and this war may take even longer than we expected by changing sides too late.”

“How could a man like you, one who claims to have such a high sense of honor, ever side with Utgar in the first place?” Tom inquired. He knew his tone was disrespectful but he still had a death wish state of mind.

Einar lowered his head. “I have dishonored myself. And I would fall on my own sword if it would have any lasting effect. In the beginning, I sided with him for one reason… fear.” He admitted with a shameful expression. “I was afraid that my entire clan would be eliminated by Utgar if we didn’t join him. My choice was join or die. I chose poorly. It was against my own creed and I lived as a coward rather than die by Utgar’s sword. If my decision to stand against him now costs me my life I will consider it a blessing. I share in your misery.”

Einar spun quickly as he noticed a movement in the shade of the nearby tree. A figure clothed in all black sped toward him. “Lord Einar,” called a breathless ninja, “we have news.”

Einar glanced at Vydar remembering his encouragement to share the news with his men of the change in alliance. “What is it Kanji?”

“We heard the marros talking … the big spider witch was talking to Me-Burq-Sa about a “big surprise” and then she mention over throwing Utgar! Should you warn him?” Kanji answered.

Einar let a slight grin form on the left side of his face, “Gather our forces. Do it quietly and let no one from Utgar’s ranks know of it. Instruct them to meet at the ruins of Sabarin at the edge of the forgotten forest before sunset.”

Help me doctor, I think I have hypochondria!
As the Chinese zombie said..."Blains!"
Old February 14th, 2007, 08:52 AM

deadeyedan42 has disabled reputation

DUM DUM.....DUHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Nice job guys! I"m adding this story the the book of Vallhalla

Might I ask, who the authors were? they should be cept anounomus if they don't have an acount here, I just want to congragalate them on a job well done.

FINISH HIM!
Old February 14th, 2007, 09:56 AM

deathsaurx has disabled reputation
Great writing, darth_stalker! One of the best stories pieces I've seen here...Ever.

Deadeyedan42, I'm pretty sure he wrote it; it would be kinda strange if he just wrote what another person had to say...

Dang it, I forgot this place existed.
Old February 14th, 2007, 01:48 PM

darth_stalker Woo who?
Thanks guys. It may take me a while to finish this story as I do not have a lot of time on my hands at the moment.

FYI - I am a published novelist. Feel free to look up my reviews on Amazon.com

Novel : Psyclone

Old February 14th, 2007, 04:15 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by darth_stalker
Thanks guys. It may take me a while to finish this story as I do not have a lot of time on my hands at the moment.

That explains things. I aspire to be a novelist (or co-novelist) someday, I just need to put my ideas to paper...

But it was a good read. Can't wait for more.
Old February 15th, 2007, 12:18 PM

darth_stalker Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
Quote:
Originally Posted by darth_stalker

That explains things. I aspire to be a novelist (or co-novelist) someday, I just need to put my ideas to paper...

But it was a good read. Can't wait for more.
Thanks johnny139 and I can foresee you becoming a great writer. You seem bright and I can tell that you don't mind doing your research. But please don't see this as an example of good writing on my part. I looked back and saw horrible mistakes, I've always been plagued by switching back and forth from passive and active tense which requires a huge amount of editing later. Anyway, off to write chapter 2

Old February 15th, 2007, 03:12 PM

darth_stalker Woo who?
Chapter 2 – Einar’s orders

Perched atop a pile of rubble, Einar sat watching as his forces trickle in from every direction. Stretching his wings to feel the soothing breeze pull against his black feathers he could feel a sense of peace for the first time since the beginning of the war almost a year ago. Now he could focus on two things, leading his men in a new direction and strengthening his alliance with Vydar. He and Vydar had been at odds from time to time in the past. They lived by different philosophies, or so Einar had once thought. Now Einar realized his failures in his living up to his own standards of honor. He had set a bad example for his men and now would be burdened by accepting that shame and setting things right. As the breeze faded and his forces grew closer, he used the last moments to meditate. As he contemplated hara-kiri he discovered that indeed that would be a cowards way out. To die with any honor, one must first correct the mistakes they made. To leave a mess for others to straighten out would be irresponsible and by all mean dishonorable.

Einar opened his eyes to see over a dozen samurai bowing before him. Behind them, Romans and Greeks standing tall and straight in perfect lines with the most powerful of them at the right of the formation. To his left side were gladiators and a ferocious looking human man with a scaly reptilian arm. To his right side proud and powerful black winged kyrie, much like himself, stood with crossed swords. He saw a magnificent army and still there were more hidden within the darkness of the evening.

Returning a bow to his samurai and gesturing for his soldiers to stand at ease, he took a deep cleansing breath. “I must tell you that I have failed you. My alliance with Utgar was because I was too weak to stand on my own before gathering forces. I have always known that Utgar was cruel, hateful and selfish. It is with great shame that I tell you that we have been fighting for the wrong cause up to this point. Now I must pay a penitence for these misguided views. We must seek an allegiance with the forces of Jandar and Ullar and hope that they can find forgiveness in their hearts for our recent slaughtering of their people. Vydar has assured me that his forces would join as well and we can finally overthrow this tyrant known as Utgar.”

Einar paused to gauge the reaction of his audience. Their faces were void of any expression and no one spoke either for or against the idea; they merely awaited his next command as they had been trained.

“Additionally,” he decided to continue, “the northern wind clan has learned of a mutiny against Utgar. The marro may be about to go in a new direction and oppose Utgar himself. His forces are as greedy and power hungry as he is and if that happens, all the better.”

“When shall I prepare my men for this great battle, my lord?” inquired Marcus Decimus Gallus, the leader of the roman soldiers.

“Not until after I arrange a parlay with Jandar. Lead your forces due east and away from Utgar. At the moment we are too close to his overwhelming forces and he can destroy any single army who opposes him. For now, you must avoid any conflicts with forces from any army unless forced to defend yourselves. I want this army to move as a single large mass so we can discourage even minor skirmishes.”

“Rest here for the night and move out at great haste toward the morning sun.” he concluded.

The samurai bowed and the soldiers snapped to attention again as Gallus saluted Einar. “Yes, my lord.” Gallus obeyed.

Chapter 3 - Vydar's Mercy

Less than ten miles away from Einar’s forces, another gathering was taking place an abandoned fort. Tom and Cassandra reunited with a pair of dark skinned agents; one was KJ Carr, a friend and partner from their home world of Earth. The other was his brother Fred who was never addressed by his first name but only as “Agent Carr” from all others including his own brother. Agent Carr had hand picked the other agents to work directly for them based on their ability to learn and apply a fighting style known as Krav Maga.

“You did well out there today Cassandra” Agent Carr said in his typical solemn voice.

“Thanks; Not well enough to keep a hammer out of my chest though.” Cassandra replied disappointedly.

“They were worthy foes. I took a few hits too. I sense that you are needing a break from the excitement?”

“We could all use a break.” Replied KJ.

Their conversation came to a halt as Agent Carr got side tracked watching a woman in a white jump suit approach. It was Sheila, one of the Nakita agents he had been exchanging glances with for the past couple of weeks.

The room began to get too crowded and noisy to continue any conversations as armored gorillas walked in and large metal soulborg feet clanked against the stone floor. Then, seeming to appear out of nothingness, Vydar stood in a nearby corner and all fell silent.

“Many of you have already made your own observations about Utgar treating us as a subservient force and giving the orders while keeping most of his own troops out of the battle.” Vydar began without wasting time with pleasantries.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction