Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > Official Rules & Units

Notices

Old November 18th, 2022, 06:53 PM

TheIsamu knows what's in an order marker TheIsamu knows what's in an order marker
AoA Proxy Model Thread

Hello everyone, If anyone has started to, or is in the process of collecting models to use in tandem with the released cards for the AoA units please consider using this thread to post listings or share ideas for sculpts. I would have thought someone would have tried to make a post like this already (if anyone has and I missed it my sincerest apologies) and figured it would be nice to have a repository/resource for people looking to salvage something out of the campaign/saving these designs and rules for their own collections.

EDIT: Listings of what I got so far. I'll be sure to add the suggestions I've seen others make in the thread too.
EDIT 2: At the moment we have at least one purchasable proxy for every AoA model that has rules including a bonus with chas's Zed Nesbit custom. This isnt meant to discourage anyone from posting more suggestions. We can certainly use more especially for the weirder stuff like the Hellforge or Ordo Borealis. Thanks again to the community and the war council behind these cool unit designs, hope these proxies can do your awesome work justice!
EDIT 3: Added entires for the rest of the missing AoA units now that @Anitar has started work on army cards for them, rounding out the rest of the factions. Once the community has cards for the Kyrie and stretch goal units I'll add them here too. Will post links as soon as find them.
EDIT 4: Entries for the missing Kyrie and the stretch goal heroes are now added and will resume proxy searching now that @Anitar has got to work making army cards for them.

CLOCKWORK COMBINE
DAWNRAIDER SYNDICATE
NEMESIS WARBROOD
IRONCLAD COLLECTIVE
DRYAN LIFEBORNE ORDER

KYRIE

SOTM HEROES

Last edited by TheIsamu; December 20th, 2022 at 04:31 PM.
Old November 18th, 2022, 08:43 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: AoA Proxy Model Thread

For the Frostclaw Paladins and the other anthropomorphic bear units I've been researching various companies for armored werebears and the like. No idea how we'll find figures for the bulk of clockwork combine units but werebears are relatively plentiful. Reaper has a handful of were-animals to choose from. The wings and other clothing on the various units will likely have to be taken off another figure and kitbashed together.
Old November 18th, 2022, 09:47 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I think there’s someone on the Facebook that was making a model for Kayne.
Old November 18th, 2022, 11:32 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

My understanding is that we are not allowed to post .stl files of even proxy 3d prints. Maybe I misunderstood Dysole's rule.

Sharing existing minis that work as good proxies should be fine, though. I can't wait to see what y'all are able to dig up!

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 19th, 2022, 12:55 AM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I probably missed that rule, then. Would like clarification if possible.
Old November 19th, 2022, 12:55 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I meant to tag @Dysole when I made that post

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 19th, 2022, 12:57 AM

For a Kayne proxy, one could pick up Reaper’s IMEF Bulldog and replace the head with some sort of furry critter.

https://www.reapermini.com/search/bulldog/latest/49029
Old November 19th, 2022, 01:39 AM

TheIsamu knows what's in an order marker TheIsamu knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
For a Kayne proxy, one could pick up Reaper’s IMEF Bulldog and replace the head with some sort of furry critter.

https://www.reapermini.com/search/bulldog/latest/49029
Great find! Here I thought I was going to have to settle with a Sentinel from GW for Kayne but this is a great alternative. I think the model you linked comes with an enclosed hatch if you didn't want to find a replacement from another kit (just imagine a squirrels in there or whatever Kaynes supposed to be).
Old November 19th, 2022, 01:45 AM

Im going to dump some links here from Etsy that looked like pretty good Frostclaw alternatives along with the Bear Heroes. Finding Ordo Borelais lookalikes is going to be tough.

Frostclaw Paladins

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1015401...f=user_profile

Adelbern

https://www.etsy.com/listing/9348763...=1&frs=1&sts=1

Oberon

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1311658...f=user_profile
Old November 19th, 2022, 06:35 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

For bears, someone mentioned that Hasbro itself on a previous arctic themed Heroquest expansion actually used armored bears. They might do; the pics looked pretty good.

And thanks to everyone who contributes here!
Old November 19th, 2022, 07:56 AM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIsamu View Post
Im going to dump some links here from Etsy that looked like pretty good Frostclaw alternatives along with the Bear Heroes. Finding Ordo Borelais lookalikes is going to be tough.

Frostclaw Paladins

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1015401...f=user_profile

Adelbern

https://www.etsy.com/listing/9348763...=1&frs=1&sts=1

Oberon

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1311658...f=user_profile
These are really nice options! Thanks for sharing.
Old November 19th, 2022, 07:38 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
My Thoughts

I was told by @OEAO about what to do here originally. I think a proxy that is similar but different is probably okay but it's a bit more nebulous which is one of the reasons I've tagged OEAO here so he can correct me if it's also something that should be avoided.

~Dysole, informationally

Last edited by Dysole; November 19th, 2022 at 08:34 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > Official Rules & Units