Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old May 15th, 2007, 02:09 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Flagbearers Redux

When these units were initially released, I was excited about the possibility of having some really amazing units which would encourage players to build cleverly themed armies.

With 3 out of the 5, I remained excited. But with the DFW "Worst Army Ever" tournament coming up, I've been analyzing some of the more expensive figs and (to no one's surprise) found a common element to many of my army ideas. Namely: Acolarh and Hatamoto Taro.

So, now properly framed, my question is this:

If you could redo a flagbearer's card, how would you do it?

P.S.: I don't have the graphical ability to create blank cards of the flagbearers, but I think it might make a fun contest if someone who does have this talent could take the best submissions and make a card for us.
Old May 15th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
Does sound like a pretty cool group activity or contest.

smallboxgames.com
Old May 15th, 2007, 02:27 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I'll start the ball rolling:

Acolarh - I would leave exactly the same except for his special powers...
Leaf of the Home Tree Blessing: After taking a turn with Acolarh, roll 10 Ullar Valkyrie dice. Total the number of Ullar symbols rolled and add this number to next d20 roll made by any figure you control who follows Ullar within line of sight of Acolarh. This roll must be made in the same round and only one unit may recieve the blessing at any given time.

Ullar's Amulet: All elves you control add 1 to their movement.

Hatamoto Taro - Einar, this is your hero fer cryin out loud! Give the poor guy some love by giving him 5 defense and changing out Adjacent Tough () for:
Counter Strike: When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure. This power does not work against other Samurai.

Old May 15th, 2007, 02:32 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
You mean Acolarh and Hatomoto won't just get better if I play with them over and over and sincerely wish for it to be so?
Old May 15th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!
Sounds good to me. I'll go and make some cards right now.

Old May 15th, 2007, 03:37 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!
All right, I'm not sure yet what to do with Hatamoto, but here's my current 'new' Acolarh:

Old May 15th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
I like Home Tree the way it originally was created, I think it has game changing potential, but the crazy requirement balances it quite well.

I do love the new Ullar's Amulet, though, it's much more potent, for elves, and much easier to use.

Something new, something used, I think would be best for Ac.

Just my opinion, though.

smallboxgames.com
Old May 15th, 2007, 10:06 PM

wow, that's pretty well done, Firemaster.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards