Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old November 15th, 2015, 01:31 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Public Design Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing Jason's attack go up by 1, or for Sock to add the defense whiff mechanic, but that's mostly because Jason's extremely brutal. Like Sock said, he punches heads off, breaks spines, rips people in half, decapitates, impales, disembowels, and just mercilessly rips people to pieces. With his level of strength and brutality, IMO he deserves 5 attack.

Edit, also ) defense feels slightly weird, because even if he doesn't defend himself, he's still pretty tough. I would be most comfortable with, say 1 defense die, but it doesn't bother me so bad that I want to make much of an argument over it, especially when his "toughness" is pretty well covered in Undead Resilience anyway.
Yeah, I could see at least 1 def. die just for the hockey mask alone.
Old November 15th, 2015, 05:07 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I'd rather raise his life by 1, than give him a defense of 1. IMO, it just sounds really different, unique, thematic to have him just eating attacks, but his Undead Resilience absorbs 2 wounds as long as 2 wounds or more are caused, and he isn't killed. It's also a different approach to how you play the character. I'd rather you draft him knowing he'll be getting beaten up, but he'll keep on coming. It separates him from the pack. 0 defense to my knowledge, other than Invisible Woman who is giving herself 4 through her power, hasn't been done in C3G.

Here's 3 options for "Ki Ki Ki, Ma Ma Ma":

"KI KI KI, MA MA MA" (auto skull)
After an opponent reveals a numbered Order Marker on an Army Card that opponent controls or after Jason rolls defense dice, you may immediately move Jason up to 2 spaces. Before taking a turn with Jason, if he is unengaged, you may choose a figure on the battlefield. If the chosen figure does not have clear line of sight to Jason, or if Jason currently occupies a Shadow space, add 1 automatic skull to his normal attack against the chosen figure this turn.

"KI KI KI, MA MA MA" (whiffed attacker takes 1 wound)
After an opponent reveals a numbered Order Marker on an Army Card that opponent controls or after Jason rolls defense dice, you may immediately move Jason up to 2 spaces. If Jason is attacked by an adjacent figure, and no skulls are rolled, the attacker immediately takes one wound.

"KI KI KI, MA MA MA" (engagement wound)
After an opponent reveals a numbered Order Marker on an Army Card that opponent controls or after Jason rolls defense dice, you may immediately move Jason up to 2 spaces. If Jason ends this move engaged with one or more enemy figures that he was not engaged with at the beginning of this move, you may immediately choose one figure Jason is engaged with and roll 1 unblockable attack die against that figure.

Points wise, here's where we're at:

Stats:
65 points (75, -10, 0, 15, -15)

That means if his specials come out to be ~100 points worth, we're doing just fine.

By comparison, we've got Kirigi with Undead Resilience, coming in at 175, with his stats making up 130. Solomon Grundy who can come back each turn, at half health unless on Swamp, coming in at 290, with his stats making up 145. Gentlemen Ghost who can come back once per round on 5-12 for one attack or completely on a 13 or higher, comes in at 165, with his stats making up 90. So I think Jason as is, and whatever we decide on for Ki Ki Ki Ma Ma Ma, should easily fit within 150-180.

Last edited by Arkham; November 15th, 2015 at 05:23 AM.
Old November 15th, 2015, 10:10 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nice comparisons Sock. The GG one seems most apt as they will have a similar respawn power. Nice work.

I am in the 0 Defense, 4 Attack camp to start. They can be boosted if playtesting shows it is needed. 4 Attack may be fine depending on how KKK,MMM works out.

Really cool. I was certainly partial to my design but I prefer this direction.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 15th, 2015, 10:24 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Nice comparisons Sock. The GG one seems most apt as they will have a similar respawn power. Nice work.

I am in the 0 Defense, 4 Attack camp to start. They can be boosted if playtesting shows it is needed. 4 Attack may be fine depending on how KKK,MMM works out.

Really cool. I was certainly partial to my design but I prefer this direction.
Also on board with all of this. With Undead Resilience and his ability to resurrect, I don't see anything needing raising in testing. I think his stats will work just fine where they are, especially with the stated goals for his points.

I like the auto skull version of KI KI KI MA MA MA best.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 15th, 2015, 10:48 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Freddy Krueger

Undead
Unique Hero
Nightmare
Vengeful
Medium 5

Life 6
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 2
Points ???

FREDDY'S NIGHTMARE
This figure starts the game on this card. If this figure is on this card, at the end of the round you may place this figure adjacent to any opponent's figure that did not move or attack this round and immediately attack any or all adjacent figures. At the beginning of the round if Freddy Krueger is not engaged, you may place him on this card.

RAZOR GLOVE
Adjacent Common figures subtract one shield from their defensive roll against Freddy's normal attack.

UNDEAD RESILIENCE
If Freddy Krueger receives two or more wounds from a single attack but is not destroyed, you may immediately remove up to two of those wounds.

Bumped his Life up one and tweaked down Razor Glove. I could see dropping his Attack to 2 and maybe making Razor Glove even more effective against commons.
He is going to be in a world of hurt against most supers, which feels right.
I could see possibly adding a re-spawn power into Freddy' Nightmare, but a not very reliable one. He grows in power with every soul he takes, so maybe:

FREDDY'S NIGHTMARE
This figure starts the game on this card. If this figure is on this card, at the end of the round you may place this figure adjacent to any opponent's figure that did not move or attack this round and immediately attack any or all adjacent figures. At the beginning of the round if Freddy Krueger is not engaged, you may place him on this card.
Place any figure destroyed by Freddy Krueger on this card. At the beginning of the round, if this figure is destroyed, roll a 20-sided die, adding one for each figure on this card. If the result is 20 or higher, place Freddy Krueger on this card.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 15th, 2015, 10:49 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

For Jason: I'm on board with the latest version at 4 attack and 0 defense.

For Freddy: shouldn't he be able to bring figures into the dream world?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 15th, 2015, 11:07 AM

That can be done like this:

Another version of Nightmare from Gardevoir:

YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE

Freddy Krueger does not start the game on the board. At the end of the round, if Freddy Krueger is on this card, you may place him on any figure's Army Card you're opponent controls that has not moved or attacked this round. Whilst Freddy Krueger is on an opponents figure's Army Card, Freddy Krueger is consdered adjacent to, and may attack any figure on that Army Card and all figure's on that Army Card cannot move and may only attack Freddy Krueger. Figure's affected by Your Worst Nightmare are always considered to be adjacent to Freddy Krueger. If all figure's on the chosen Army Card are destroyed, place Freddy Krueger on his Army Card and remove 2 Wound Markers from his Army Card.

I represented it as the time between rounds is the Dream World. So if a figure did not move or attack they are basically asleep and Freddy can pop in and attack. If he fails to destroy them, they bring him back with them to the the real world.

Freddy never really brings anyone into the Dream World. Instead he is able to manipulate their dreams to allow him to actually cause harm that becomes real when they awake. However Freddy can be brought from the Dream World into the real one.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 15th, 2015, 12:18 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Glad to see people are digging Jason.

I have some thoughts on Freddy. I like what you have, especially the idea that Freddy is attacking non-active figures. In bigger games he can really shine, in smaller ones he probably won't see as much use. With what you have though, I question why he's attacking all adjacent figures. I feel he should only attack those who don't move, as it's as if he's attacking them while they are sleeping, whereas I'm not sure how he is hurting the others.

I'm kind of anti-common based powers, personally. I don't have more than a couple squads in my entire collection, and if anyone else is a similar case, I'd hate to see him not get used for that reason. I could be in the big minority on that one. I like the idea of it though, but I think it could honestly be dropped for something more radical and unique to Freddy.

I'm also not sure if Freddy should have Undead Resilience or not. Freddy, when not in the Dream World, is easily beaten up, and doesn't take much of a beating. In his world, he's unstoppable, but in reality I don't see him ignoring wounds like that. I can see it either way I suppose, just depends how you explain it.

1, 2, FREDDY'S COMING FOR YOU
Freddy Krueger does not start the game on the board. At the end of the round, if Freddy Krueger is on this card and is not destroyed, you may choose a figure the opponent controls that has not moved or attacked this round. Place Freddy on the chosen figure's Army Card. Freddy may immediately attack the chosen figure, adding 2 to his attack. After Freddy attacks the chosen figure, if the chosen figure was not destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 3 or lower, place Freddy on an adjacent space to the chosen figure, if possible. Figures with the Fearless personality are not effected by 1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You.

NEVER SLEEP AGAIN
If Freddy destroys another figure with his normal attack, immediately place Freddy on this card. Freddy will not take any leaving engagement attacks when being placed on this card.

Obviously the names can be whatever you want them to be. I'd like to see an approach like this. When he attacks in their dreams, he hits harder, due to being able to have the advantage and make himself whatever he wants to be. I also like the idea of him possibly being taken out of the Dream World, into reality, where he is much weaker and becomes vulnerable. If Freddy manages to kill another figure, causing more fear and growing stronger, he goes back into the Dream World.

Regardless, I dig the direction, those are just my thoughts/ideas.
Old November 15th, 2015, 01:02 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Cool idea! I'd give some Mental Shield resistance to the first power and use unblockable dice instead of an attack. Attacking when the figures aren't both on the battlefield would have too many mechanical issues.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 15th, 2015, 01:42 PM

That is really cool Aggressive Sock.

I was just mulling over powers based on the Freddy Theme song.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 19th, 2015, 12:20 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Announcing a new reward for the C3G Shop!

Do you have a design that you've been waiting to LD for a while now? Have you struggled to win the Public Design vote? Wait no longer! Now, for 50 points, our most devoted Allies can skip past the public vote process and purchase a one-time design thread! These designs will be run the same as those won by the public vote, but will pass right over the usual public voting process. It's our best reward, yet, True Believers!

As one reward is added, another is retired, and the temporary Second Public Design Thread is being removed. However, the usual Public Design will remain running as usual. There are some conditions to this new reward:
  • Design threads are still subject to Hero approval and a rough design idea must be submitted to the Heroes after purchase, with a 96 hour period for Hero approval or veto. However, if a design is vetoed by the Heroes, the purchasing Ally may submit another design or have his/her points refunded.
  • Design threads cannot be purchased by an Ally that would be leading concurrent designs with any other designs in process, and will not be eligible for any other design opportunities during the design process.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old November 19th, 2015, 12:39 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Interesting. So are these one-time threads limited to one-at-a-time, or could multiple people buy 'em at once?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy