Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old February 24th, 2017, 05:20 PM

WolfScape is surprisingly tart
Re: WolfScape's Classic Customs

Thanks, @Dysole

My Customs are https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=53788
I like cats and wolves and wolverines.

You're reading this! Wow!
Old February 24th, 2017, 11:15 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
And Away We Go

Utgar

Spoiler Alert!

Aquilla

Spoiler Alert!

Vydar

Spoiler Alert!

Ullar

Spoiler Alert!

So I hope that helped.

~Dysole, fascinated by your creativity
Old February 24th, 2017, 11:33 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hey Dysole, I don't suppose you could do that for all forty-thousand of my customs?

By the way WS, if you ever need help with wording special powers, this thread can be super-helpful.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old February 24th, 2017, 11:34 PM

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Heh

Wolfscape's thread caught my eye at the right time. I can probably swing by and let you know if I see anything that catches my eye. Not tonight though. Bug me if I forget.

~Dysole, willing to help however she can
Old February 25th, 2017, 09:42 AM

@Dysole
Thanks SO much for the wording help.

For Deathripper, I intended it to be an infinite range attack. It hasn't been too broken, especially seeing as it deals less to squads. I'm not sure if it's wounded or destroyed a figure in all of my playtests.

I don't own Knights OR Vipers, so I'm not too concerned about broken Deathscamper evasion abilities.

Miniraptor is Unique because multiples ended up being too deadly. His defense bonus is meant to say during your last turn.

The Dart Frogs have swept whole armies solo, so their price seems reasonable, despite their low survivability.

Tree Frogs are just there because Poison Skin works, and to grab glyphs and be obnoxiously mobile. You roll for poison skin BEFORE rolling defense dice.

Death-Skin is one of my favorite customs.

Shadow-Dart is fun, too.

Ironwood Ants can be devastating, but they fail to multiple ranged attacks.

Clingminds have played out being fairly balanced in my games. If even one dies, they are weakened to the point of doing almost nothing, according to my playtests. While they can be fairly good, you may never actually take the figure you spent 80 pts worth of figures on. I modified their ability to after moving in my Google Doc I use to record my customs, but I must not have gotten around to doing it here.

V13's ability INCLUDES modifiers on their attack stat. If 190 seems high to you, this ability makes him more reasonable. On my map, he's so slow he's rarely going to have height advantage.

Crania sucks against range. She's amazing against pretty much all melee figures, however.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR FEEDBACK!

Want to make a guess about Karapan the Watcher's abilities? Hint: You don't want him looking at you...

Old February 25th, 2017, 11:00 AM

@Dysole I'm not sure if I'll be able to make every change to wording you suggested, but I'll work on it over time...

Old February 25th, 2017, 07:10 PM

Commentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfScape View Post
@Dysole
Thanks SO much for the wording help.

For Deathripper, I intended it to be an infinite range attack. It hasn't been too broken, especially seeing as it deals less to squads. I'm not sure if it's wounded or destroyed a figure in all of my playtests.

I'm just super leery of infinite range attacks.

I don't own Knights OR Vipers, so I'm not too concerned about broken Deathscamper evasion abilities.

Play them against an all melee army. Come back here and tell me if you're okay with that.

Miniraptor is Unique because multiples ended up being too deadly. His defense bonus is meant to say during your last turn.

Not seeing how in multiples this would be deadly. I still don't like the memory mechanic as it could still cross across rounds.

The Dart Frogs have swept whole armies solo, so their price seems reasonable, despite their low survivability.

I would want to see them do that consistently before I'd be fine with that price total.

Tree Frogs are just there because Poison Skin works, and to grab glyphs and be obnoxiously mobile. You roll for poison skin BEFORE rolling defense dice.

And I'm going to tell you right now that making Poison Skin pre defense rolls creates all sorts of weird rules interactions.

Death-Skin is one of my favorite customs.

Shadow-Dart is fun, too.

Ironwood Ants can be devastating, but they fail to multiple ranged attacks.

I like testing things in their best case scenarios rather than their worst cases and seeing how I like it.

Clingminds have played out being fairly balanced in my games. If even one dies, they are weakened to the point of doing almost nothing, according to my playtests. While they can be fairly good, you may never actually take the figure you spent 80 pts worth of figures on. I modified their ability to after moving in my Google Doc I use to record my customs, but I must not have gotten around to doing it here.

As long as I can get even one onto a very important figure, it can be game breaking. I have to waste my energy on these little buggers and if I don't have a high attack, I could probably lose my best figure.

V13's ability INCLUDES modifiers on their attack stat. If 190 seems high to you, this ability makes him more reasonable. On my map, he's so slow he's rarely going to have height advantage.

I'm just saying it seems weird to me that I get MORE dice for attacking UP. It doesn't feel thematic or in line with other Heroscape figures. Plus it avoids weird rules questions.

Crania sucks against range. She's amazing against pretty much all melee figures, however.

With Deathreavers, she could probably be super devastating like unfun levels of devastating.

Huh. Crania, Clingminds, Deathreavers. That sounds like the world's most annoying army to play against.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR FEEDBACK!

Want to make a guess about Karapan the Watcher's abilities? Hint: You don't want him looking at you...

~Dysole, providing her comments
Old February 26th, 2017, 05:04 PM

Thanks, for the feedback, @Dysole

Maybe I'll make it so that adjacent enemies roll less dice against the Scampers.

Remembered Miniraptor used to be a broken pack hunting figure before I changed it, it'll be common.

Not sure what to do with Clingminds, you're the only one who's complained about balance issues so far...

V13 is meant to make no sense. He's experimental and wonked out.

Thanks for all the feedback,
-WS

Old February 26th, 2017, 05:46 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Wolfscape, nobody is "complaining" about your customs, or anything about them. You are brand new and it shows in your work but nobody is complaining.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 26th, 2017, 06:34 PM

Sorry, wrong word. Whoops.

Old March 1st, 2017, 06:11 PM

Hi everyone, It's me, WS. I recently discovered D and D, so I'm taking a break from custom making to pursue a temporary career DMing. I'd like to thank you all for your feedback, especially @Dysole , @TREX , @Dad_Scaper , and @Ixe

Your contributions meant a lot to me, even though I don't handle constructive criticism too well. I'm a bit teary-eyed writing this, knowing that it'll be my last post for a while. I'm incredibly grateful to all of you, even those of you I didn't mention. In closing, I'll release Karapan the Watcher. Though I won't be making customs for a while, if anyone reads this message, feedback is still welcome.

WS, off to play a cleric.

Old March 1st, 2017, 06:11 PM

I'll be back as soon as I can!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards