Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old July 18th, 2015, 06:37 AM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!
Re: 9th Annual Long Island-IslandScape Tournament 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
Well everyone, it's almost here! I'm certainly excited!

We are as well. The Bluesmobile is gassed and loaded and we are blasting of at 7:45

Some last minute things/rules:
• Mogrebla cannot use the Krav Maga. He has been banned from using that unit. But that's OK since they are not on the list of allowable figures anyway.

Good -- he beat me with them 2 or 3 years ago the first time we played

• We must all gang up on DragonRuler and bring the trophy back to Long Island! Mwah ha ha ha!

I don't think the Aubriens could win this year. Sir Dendrik's GNators killed me last year, and with the addition of Blackguard, Steamroller and GTroopers they don't have the firepower.

But first you must all bow, or at least genuflect when he passes by. He is, after all, last years champion.

Well I mentioned that to Orc and he refused to do so. My wife wasn't interested either. That's okay. Once I put my music on in the Bluesmobile Orc will change his tune and start doing some serious genuflecting. I figure after two songs, he and HoundsRule will be willing to chant Dragon Ruler rules or anything else to get me to turn the music off.

• Buy lots of soda from the store and really get all hopped up on the sugar and caffeine. It makes for a much more interesting IslandScape that way!

Except for Orc and Houndsrule who I have to spend 3 hours in the car with on the drive home.

• And lastly, no back room wagering this year guys. Now I mean it. No means no. So stop it.

How did I miss this last year and who do I need to see to get in on it this year?

I think that about covers everything. See everyone on Saturday!

We've been looking forward to this for weeks. Great format, great people.

Oh, I almost forgot, we'll have a Grishnakh spelling competition to see if anyone can actually spell his name correctly. Including him...
I have this one -- Dave.
Old July 18th, 2015, 06:40 AM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!
Re: 9th Annual Long Island-IslandScape Tournament 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Ruler View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
Well everyone, it's almost here! I'm certainly excited!

We are as well. The Bluesmobile is gassed and loaded and we are blasting of at 7:45

Some last minute things/rules:
• Mogrebla cannot use the Krav Maga. He has been banned from using that unit. But that's OK since they are not on the list of allowable figures anyway.

Good -- he beat me with them 2 or 3 years ago the first time we played

• We must all gang up on DragonRuler and bring the trophy back to Long Island! Mwah ha ha ha!

I don't think the Aubriens could win this year. Sir Dendrik's GNators killed me last year, and with the addition of Blackguard, Steamroller and GTroopers they don't have the firepower.

But first you must all bow, or at least genuflect when he passes by. He is, after all, last years champion.

Well I mentioned that to Orc and he refused to do so. My wife wasn't interested either. That's okay. Once I put my music on in the Bluesmobile Orc will change his tune and start doing some serious genuflecting. I figure after two songs, he and HoundsRule will be willing to chant Dragon Ruler rules or anything else to get me to turn the music off.

• Buy lots of soda from the store and really get all hopped up on the sugar and caffeine. It makes for a much more interesting IslandScape that way!

Except for Orc and Houndsrule who I have to spend 3 hours in the car with on the drive home.

• And lastly, no back room wagering this year guys. Now I mean it. No means no. So stop it.

How did I miss this last year and who do I need to see to get in on it this year?

I think that about covers everything. See everyone on Saturday!

We've been looking forward to this for weeks. Great format, great people.

Oh, I almost forgot, we'll have a Grishnakh spelling competition to see if anyone can actually spell his name correctly. Including him...
I have this one -- Dave.
Okay I screwed this up being technically incompetent and put my replies into Grishnakh's post. Sorry about that
Old July 18th, 2015, 07:43 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
Re: 9th Annual Long Island-IslandScape Tournament this Satur

It's GAME DAY!!!!!!
Old July 18th, 2015, 07:52 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

GAME FACE on!
Old July 19th, 2015, 01:35 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Thanks for a GREAT DAY of gaming everyone. It always good to see old friends again and make new ones ( some of your have even gotten older since last we met ). The Belt Pkwy was very congested, but moving at 20 - 30 mph. Even with stopping twice, I made it home by 12:30am.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old July 19th, 2015, 07:18 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I moved up from the usual second to last to 12th place of 16! Hoo hoo!!! I'd like to thank my mother and father, and all the little people who made it possible.

Actually, I'd like to thank Warbanner for running the game, Griznakh for the cake, and everyone for making a pleasant day, despite the store opening late through a whole string of bizarre events. As we say in the Firefly 'Verse: "You can't stop the signal!" Hah.
Old July 19th, 2015, 01:58 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Well met, indeed! I reiterate all that chas has said. Thanks to our hosts and all participants for a wonderful time being had by all.
Old July 19th, 2015, 03:43 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks to the TD's for running it, it was a blast like usual! It was great seeing people again and meeting new ones. Thanks to this group for just being awesome in general! Although I think Grishnakh may have banned the Connecticut Contingency from next year's...
Old July 19th, 2015, 11:01 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Thanks to the TD's for running it, it was a blast like usual! It was great seeing people again and meeting new ones. Thanks to this group for just being awesome in general! Although I think Grishnakh may have banned the Connecticut Contingency from next year's...
Meanwhile, back on the sandy beaches of the southern New Jersey coast, I think that the New Jersey Contingent has taken up the mantel of second to last place, which our dear, 'old' friend @chas has recently shed in favor of the 12th/16th position. ~~~lol~~~

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old July 20th, 2015, 08:54 AM

acefrehley Woo who?

Hey John-G,
I think you got 14/16 place.....I had the unfortunate luck of finishing 15/16 place.
My Thrall Army lead by Nick along with the Beakface Sneaks didn't do as well as i hoped (although all my games took the full time limit or close to it).
Old July 20th, 2015, 09:28 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by acefrehley View Post
Hey John-G,
I think you got 14/16 place.....I had the unfortunate luck of finishing 15/16 place.
My Thrall Army lead by Nick along with the Beakface Sneaks didn't do as well as i hoped (although all my games took the full time limit or close to it).
Yep. That's correct. We won't mention who came in last this year now will we? Oh what the heck, 'twas me. I'm going to be proud of that fact!

I'm sure Warbanner will post the final standings.
Old July 20th, 2015, 09:31 AM
Titleless

Just quickly though our first place winner this year was OrcElfArmyOne! Congratulations. You guys have started a dynasty up there in Conneticut.

Second place went to Rich10. Third was HoundsRule.

I got the worst luck trophy. Everybody had cake. There were prizes. Pictures to come soon!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events