Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old April 14th, 2020, 03:03 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

The quarantine has led to us breaking out one of the shelf toads: the dexterity flicking game Flick ‘em Up! Light and fast, of course. The opening scenario was lots of fun. I look forward to the others, as more rules get added.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 15th, 2020, 11:28 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

My son got a Pokemon TCG starter set for his birthday, so I played that with him. Not great, but I expect I'll enjoy playing it with him again, and I'm considering buying my own deck or boosters.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old April 15th, 2020, 12:55 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
The quarantine has led to us breaking out one of the shelf toads: the dexterity flicking game Flick ‘em Up! Light and fast, of course. The opening scenario was lots of fun. I look forward to the others, as more rules get added.
We used to have a lot of fun with Flick 'em Up.

I have been playing lots of games solo (Spirit Island, Trismenengitis, Gloomhaven, Marvel Champions) and building queued up minis for Legion and Marvel Crisis Protocol.

Cat_Scaper and I played Isle of Cats and Tzolken The Mayan Calendar over the last couple of days. Both are fun, though Isle of Cats will, like most cats, overstay its welcome rather quickly. lol
Old April 15th, 2020, 03:53 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I had Flick em Up back when it was first released. Had a good number of plays but u sold it a couple years ago.

I also sold Gloomhaven, as I had played through 6 scenarios with my daughters before they grew tired of it, along with gaming in general

So I've been doing a lot of solo gaming, as well as painting minis for games.

I have played some Marvel Champions LCG, and while I have 65 games played so far, I gave still only played against the core box villains, with both core box heroes and Captain America and Ms Marvel additional heroes. Still haven't played them all against Ultron yet. I have had the Green Goblin expansion pack for awhile but haven't gotten to it yet. I also have had the Wrecking Crew for a little while but have tried that yet. So while the newer releases are delayed, I have plenty of this game to play before I get through it.

Other than that, I've played several tabletop miniatures games.

Fallout Wasteland Warfare

Rangers of Shadow Deep

And playtesting a miniatures game.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old April 16th, 2020, 01:31 AM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

With the whole quarantine thing, we’ve been playing some games as well. My wife and two kids wanted to try a legacy game, so we’re 8 games into a Charterstone campaign. It’s not bad for a basic level worker placement game, and the production is as nice as you’d expect from Stonemaier, bur I’m a little meh on it. Opening crates and unlocking stuff, which is usually exciting, was actually interfering with the flow of the game for awhile, and once you stop opening them, there doesn’t seem like a lot to keep you coming back.

We are planning to finish Charterstone out, but we took a break because my son wanted to try a campaign for Descent, 2nd edition. I have the first edition, which I played only one time, and I had never played my second edition and conversion kit. My copy has the Shadow Rune Campaign, and I’ve read about some balance issues with that campaign, but we wanted to try it out. We are now only one game away from the Finale, and my son has been destroying us as the Overlord. It’s a ton of fun, and I ended up ordering a few expansions to try out some different campaigns.

I’ve also finally gotten around to playing some solo Marvel Champions. I’ve only used Spider-Man and Captain Marvel, but I like it a lot. I got some expansions for my birthday, and I’m looking forward to trying some of the other heroes.
Old April 16th, 2020, 10:53 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

You probably are already aware but there is an app for Descent 2nd edition to make it into purely co-op and it does a great job. I love Descent quite a bit all the way back to first edition.

We've been playing a lot of Lotr:LCG, some Cloudspire, Too Many Bones, Thunderstone, and Hexplore It.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old April 16th, 2020, 12:56 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yeah, I ordered a couple of expansions with campaigns for the app in mind. I’m planning on playing some solo or pure co-op down the road. My wife and daughter will enjoy that, but my 18 year-old son would much rather play as the Overlord. He definitely prefers the competitive aspect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
You probably are already aware but there is an app for Descent 2nd edition to make it into purely co-op and it does a great job. I love Descent quite a bit all the way back to first edition.

We've been playing a lot of Lotr:LCG, some Cloudspire, Too Many Bones, Thunderstone, and Hexplore It.
Old April 17th, 2020, 01:33 AM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Playing Pokemon about once a day or so with my son and thinking about buying some more theme decks, boosters, etc. Pretty ridiculous considering how long I have avoided TCGs

--
--
--

--
Old April 17th, 2020, 06:58 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I've been playing a lot of Keyforge lately. It's a ccg with the twist that there's no deck building because all decks are premade, and randomly generated by an algorithm. What I love about this format is that it forces you to play with cards that are more situational or not perceived as the most powerful. While deckbuilding should in theory allow for a great diversity of decklists, what often happens in practice in games like Magic or Pokemon is that players will end up building decks that fall into one of a handful of very similar archetypes, as players all end up including the same very powerful cards and ignoring the majority of cards that don't fall within the higher tiers of the current meta.

This format also makes it very easy to pick up, since you don't need to purchase single cards to craft a competitive deck.

There's also a pretty good online implementation that's free to use and alot of fun at https://www.thecrucible.online/. If anyone would ever want to play a game online or learn more about the game in general, let me know!
Old April 17th, 2020, 07:42 PM

I like keyforge. There are a lot of great things about it from a game design perspective and I enjoy playing it. I only have two decks right now because I don't play often.

--
--
--

--
Old April 17th, 2020, 10:26 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I like keyforge. There are a lot of great things about it from a game design perspective and I enjoy playing it. I only have two decks right now because I don't play often.
If you'd ever like to play a match online, just let me know!

Last edited by Dysole; April 19th, 2020 at 01:25 AM.
Old May 5th, 2020, 08:29 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

After posting up new rules for the unofficial double sized Red Alert game on BGG, with my partner in crime doing the very first unofficial scenario for it, we did one playtest together. Between us we tried four games. Now I'm doing some final proofreading on his scenario. All of this will be up on BGG soon.

I'm moving on now to an unofficial double board game of the C&C WWI design The Great War. This is just playing two games side by side, with a few necessary rules like moving from one board to the other for 2-4 Players. There are nine pairs of scenarios that seem made to do this, having taken place on the same day in the same battle. These are now listed in the Files section of BGG.

I've done playtests of doing the first three pairs, the last with my pal as a face to face opponent, and have a fourth set up on the table. The list of these applicable pairs from the Core Game, Tank Expansion, and the French Army Expansion, is now up in the BGG Files for this game under 'Adjacent Scenarios. They seem meant for this, as most of the terrain connects across the two maps. This also gives me a chance to replay old scenarios with the retrofit chart for adding the Special Personnel Figures introduced in the second expansion. Its a perfect Pandemic Project.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games