Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old August 14th, 2017, 04:25 AM

ZeusEQ is surprisingly tart
Re: Welcome to C3G!!!

Hi,

Sorry if this is the wrong place, but it's hard to search the forums with something as generic as "printing" .

I was trying to print out some of the C3G cards, but I noticed that the proportions seem off when compared to the official cards (both when printing from the PDF and the JPG). When I print the PDF using "actual size", the width is 12.5 and the height is 12.1. I could of course print at a slightly reduced percentage like 0.992 which should come out at a width of 12.4, however the height would then still be 12, even though the official cards are 11.6.

Is this by design? Or should I change some printer settings? I'm in Europe, so my printer's paper size is A4, and all measurements above are in centimeters . I did try various settings of course, like keep the paper size setting in Adobe Acrobat on Legal and trying to set it to A4.

BTW I create my own cards using a template Photoshop document I got from Heroscapers somewhere, and when printing from that one, the size is spot on.

Thanks, Zeus
Old August 14th, 2017, 08:45 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusEQ View Post
Hi,

Sorry if this is the wrong place, but it's hard to search the forums with something as generic as "printing" .

I was trying to print out some of the C3G cards, but I noticed that the proportions seem off when compared to the official cards (both when printing from the PDF and the JPG). When I print the PDF using "actual size", the width is 12.5 and the height is 12.1. I could of course print at a slightly reduced percentage like 0.992 which should come out at a width of 12.4, however the height would then still be 12, even though the official cards are 11.6.

Is this by design? Or should I change some printer settings? I'm in Europe, so my printer's paper size is A4, and all measurements above are in centimeters . I did try various settings of course, like keep the paper size setting in Adobe Acrobat on Legal and trying to set it to A4.

BTW I create my own cards using a template Photoshop document I got from Heroscapers somewhere, and when printing from that one, the size is spot on.

Thanks, Zeus
The issue you are having is that the PDFs are generated so actual page size is 8.5 x 11 inches and you are printing to A4 paper. I remember reading somewhere what method other Europeans were using. I'll try to find it and drop you the link unless someone else posts a response for you here.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 14th, 2017, 11:06 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks, Zeus
The issue you are having is that the PDFs are generated so actual page size is 8.5 x 11 inches and you are printing to A4 paper. I remember reading somewhere what method other Europeans were using. I'll try to find it and drop you the link unless someone else posts a response for you here.
Nope that's not it. It's just a simple case of us including a bleed area. Each card has a trim line that you cut to.
Old August 15th, 2017, 11:26 AM

ZeusEQ is surprisingly tart

Thanks both for your replies. I think even with a bleed line all around, the proportions would still be the same, right? So I think Japes might be correct in that it has to do with the letter <=> A4 thing...

@japes : If you do find that info, I would still love to try it!
Old August 15th, 2017, 08:24 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Thanks both for your replies. I think even with a bleed line all around, the proportions would still be the same, right? So I think Japes might be correct in that it has to do with the letter <=> A4 thing...

@japes : If you do find that info, I would still love to try it!
I can assure you it has nothing to do with the letter vs. A4 thing. I am in Australia, and A4 is our standard as well. Mine fit perfectly in a pile with the official Hasbro ones. It might be something to do with your printer or their settings.
Old October 2nd, 2017, 06:35 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: C3G Public Directory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
CURRENT C3G MEMBERS:

C3G Heroes
Arkham
japes
johnny139
Ronin
Viegon
Yodaking

For PM purposes:

Arkham ; japes ; johnny139 ; Ronin ; Viegon ; Yodaking

For notification/voting purposes:
Arkham -
japes -
johnny139 -
Ronin -
Viegon -
Yodaking -

(just add @)

C3G Art Department
A3n
Arkham
Flame Gryphon
Japes

C3G Sidekicks

dok
Flame Gryphon
Hellfire
Lazy Orang
Red Eyed Jedi

C3G Allies
All Your Pie
Arch-vile

Asterius
B57123m
Blink

bsbush7690
clembo2021
cwidje
darkraptor5413
DocGlock
Dysole
Eraguy816
fret_gurglo
GamerHusband
Gardevoir
greygnarl
Gurei-Ornery
Gutudak
Heroscaper Guy
Hogg
ibechief
L0B5T3R
laughing matter
LordEsenwienIV
marrowick
marv_art
MegaSilver
Midgieboy3
orgsbane
omael
Porkins
puzzlemonkey
Skeeter700
Smithy Winfred
Soundwarp SG-1
Strange_Love
streaky2007
Toogwick_tuk
twilkerson
warlordofthewolves
weebaer
Xael Raymand
Xorlof
yummypie

C3G Map Department
A3n
johnny139
quozl
Smithy Winfred
Taeblewalker
Yodaking
Zettian Juggernaut

C3G Terrain Department
A3n
cwidje
Gurei-Ornery
Hellfire
IAmBatman
Japes
quozl
SirGalahad
Spidey'tilIDie
XDVincent

C3G Promotions Director
Position Open for Applications
johnny139
(temp)

C3G Promotions Assistant
Flame Gryphon
Spidey'tilIDie
Zettian Juggernaut
Arkham

C3G Events Coordinator
Tornado

C3G Competitive Review Board
dok
Dysole
Soundwarp SG-1
weebaer

C3G Legends (Legacy Heroes)

A3n
Balantai
Garada
Good Pig
GreyOwl
Griffin
Hahma
IAmBatman
Karat
Lord Pyre
Margloth
Markb
Matt Helm
Necroblade
quozl
Scapemage
SirGalahad
Tcglkn
Tornado
TrollBrute
Whitestuff
Zettian Juggernaut
Am I no longer a Legacy Hero? Did I do something wrong?

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old October 2nd, 2017, 06:42 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
It's because you don't post enough.

I bet you got accidentally edited out when SirG was added to the Legacy list. That's the right alphabetical neighborhood. You've been reinstated, anyhow!
Old October 2nd, 2017, 06:52 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
It's because you don't post enough.

I bet you got accidentally edited out when SirG was added to the Legacy list. That's the right alphabetical neighborhood. You've been reinstated, anyhow!
Thanks! I figured it was something like that.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old October 2nd, 2017, 07:43 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
CURRENT C3G MEMBERS:

C3G Heroes
Arkham
japes
johnny139
Ronin
Viegon
Yodaking

For PM purposes:

Arkham ; japes ; johnny139 ; Ronin ; Viegon ; Yodaking

For notification/voting purposes:
Arkham -
japes -
johnny139 -
Ronin -
Viegon -
Yodaking -

(just add @)

C3G Art Department
A3n
Arkham
Flame Gryphon
Japes

C3G Sidekicks

dok
Flame Gryphon
Hellfire
Lazy Orang
Red Eyed Jedi

C3G Allies
All Your Pie
Arch-vile

Asterius
B57123m
Blink

bsbush7690
clembo2021
cwidje
darkraptor5413
DocGlock
Dysole
Eraguy816
fret_gurglo
GamerHusband
Gardevoir
greygnarl
Gurei-Ornery
Gutudak
Heroscaper Guy
Hogg
ibechief
L0B5T3R
laughing matter
LordEsenwienIV
marrowick
marv_art
MegaSilver
Midgieboy3
orgsbane
omael
Porkins
puzzlemonkey
Skeeter700
Smithy Winfred
Soundwarp SG-1
Strange_Love
streaky2007
Toogwick_tuk
twilkerson
warlordofthewolves
weebaer
Xael Raymand
Xorlof
yummypie

C3G Map Department
A3n
johnny139
quozl
Smithy Winfred
Taeblewalker
Yodaking
Zettian Juggernaut

C3G Terrain Department
A3n
cwidje
Gurei-Ornery
Hellfire
IAmBatman
Japes
quozl
SirGalahad
Spidey'tilIDie
XDVincent

C3G Promotions Director
Position Open for Applications
johnny139
(temp)

C3G Promotions Assistant
Flame Gryphon
Spidey'tilIDie
Zettian Juggernaut
Arkham

C3G Events Coordinator
Tornado

C3G Competitive Review Board
dok
Dysole
Soundwarp SG-1
weebaer

C3G Legends (Legacy Heroes)

A3n
Balantai
Garada
Good Pig
GreyOwl
Griffin
Hahma
IAmBatman
Karat
Lord Pyre
Margloth
Markb
Matt Helm
Necroblade
quozl
Scapemage
SirGalahad
Tcglkn
Tornado
TrollBrute
Whitestuff
Zettian Juggernaut
You just transcended to another level...

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 25th, 2017, 07:25 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Howdy C3G fans!

The Heroes have been doing a little restructuring behind the scenes, and it's time we let the public in on the changes.

The first piece of news is, unfortunately, that something is going away. Allies will no longer be able to buy their way into the Danger Room. It hasn't been generating the participation we'd hoped for, and managing Allies coming in and out has proven to be a bit too much overhead. We will continue to use it as a development space for Sidekicks and the testing of new factions and special projects, but Allies will be granted access by invite only.

But fear not, true believers! We've got some good news to announce as well. A while ago, we made it possible for an Ally to bypass the public vote and buy a design thread directly, but we only ever got a couple buy-ins because the cost was so high. In order to open up Ally opportunities and make that purchase a little more attractive, we're lowering that cost from 50 points to a mere 15 points for figures, and just 7 points for glyphs, destructible objects, and spells.

Spoiler Alert!

Previous restrictions on purchasing a design thread still apply. To quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
There are some conditions to this new reward:
  • Design threads are still subject to Hero approval and a rough design idea must be submitted to the Heroes after purchase, with a 96 hour period for Hero approval or veto. However, if a design is vetoed by the Heroes, the purchasing Ally may submit another design or have his/her points refunded.
  • Design threads cannot be purchased by an Ally that would be leading concurrent designs with any other designs in process, and will not be eligible for any other design opportunities during the design process.
There is also one new restriction on Ally design threads, which is that two Ally design threads cannot be in the testing phase at the same time. If Ally Design A is ready to go into public playtesting, but Ally Design B is already in the playtesting phase, then Ally Design A will have to wait. Once Ally Design B goes into the editing phase, then Ally Design A can go into public playtesting.

If you're worried about the Heroes' vote for approval, don't be! If you workshop your design in the Public Design Thread ahead of time, you should be in great shape. Summing up, if you're an Ally or just a fan and you want to design for C3G, it's as simple as this:
  • Have something you want to design
  • Earn 15 points (or just 7 for something other than a figure). The easiest way to do it is by playtesting. If you're not an Ally already, you will be by the time you earn that many points.
  • Workshop your design in the Public Design Thread.
  • Post your design or a link to your design in the C3G Shop and request to start a design thread. The Heroes will vote and get back to you.

We will be slightly tougher on absentee LDs than we have been in the past, because with a relatively easy buy-in, we want to discourage people from starting design threads and then just disappearing. It's a hassle for the Heroes when that happens. From here on out, if you abandon a design thread that you happen to be running, that thread will be pulled into the Sanctum and the Heroes will do with it as they wilt. It won't necessarily be seen through to completion.

In fact, that fate has already befallen Miss Martian's thread. But before a new round of nominations and voting can happen in the public design poll, we wanted to talk with the Allies and fans about whether or not that poll should change, and exactly what those changes should be, now that there's an easy way to directly buy a design thread. It's been suggested that the poll go away entirely. It's been suggested that the winner should get to run their design for 0 points instead of 4. It's been suggested that the poll become more of a character poll to influence Hero/Sidekick output, like the March Madness poll. The Heroes haven't come to a decision yet, so what do you, the public, want to see?

Last edited by Ronin; October 25th, 2017 at 07:47 AM.
Old October 25th, 2017, 05:31 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

First of all, awesome news! I miss the danger room because things look a little dead without it, but 15 points to bypass the public design contest? Yes please! I will certainly be purchasing one as soon as I knock out my 2 research papers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
It's been suggested that the winner should get to run their design for 0 points instead of 4. It's been suggested that the poll become more of a character poll to influence Hero/Sidekick output, like the March Madness poll. The Heroes haven't come to a decision yet, so what do you, the public, want to see?
These are the two ideas I like best. Getting to run a popular design is a reward to the designer and the public who want to see that design LD'ed. I also like the second option: voting through characters.
Old October 25th, 2017, 05:42 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Hopefully the end of the Danger Room will actually lead to more LDs in the public.
Well it is not ending, all the good stuff will be there.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy