Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old April 27th, 2015, 10:45 PM

belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby!
Re: C3V Ant Sale!!

I'd like some of these as well. I think 10 squads will work.
Old April 28th, 2015, 09:15 AM

Buddy412 knows what's in an order marker Buddy412 knows what's in an order marker

Put me down for 6 squads. Don't want to miss the boat on this. PM me when you need the loot.

Online HS record: 5-5 after two events
Live HS record: 4-2 2nd place after one event
Old April 28th, 2015, 10:54 AM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Does anybody know how to make paint stick to these guys? I just can't see spending four or five times as much money on Dungeoncrawler miniatures for the red ants, if there's a way to repaint the black ones.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old April 28th, 2015, 12:24 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
Does anybody know how to make paint stick to these guys? I just can't see spending four or five times as much money on Dungeoncrawler miniatures for the red ants, if there's a way to repaint the black ones.
I suggest washing them with warm water and soap before painting. It helps to get rid of any paint-resistant oils that may be preventing your paint from sticking.
Old April 28th, 2015, 12:48 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

To be clear, I'm not asking for general advice on properly cleaning miniatures before painting them. I am asking about the specific circumstances of the ants reportedly being of such a rubbery nature that they do not take paint in general.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old April 28th, 2015, 01:27 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

I have not tired to paint them yet...but if I have to...I'll but some spray pint to give them a coat first. Just a Bill, have you had an issue painting them yourself?

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old April 28th, 2015, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
Just a Bill, have you had an issue painting them yourself?
No, I have just read here in the forums that they are rubbery and not likely to take paint well. I thought it was in this thread, but maybe it was a different one.

Old April 29th, 2015, 12:31 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

I just received an order of the Safari Glow in the Dark Good Luck Ants. I sprayed 2 sets of 4 with Krylon Fusion Spray Paint and it seems to be adhering quite well. I did 4 with a satin Terra Cotta and 4 with a satin Burgandy. Hopefully, I'll have a chance to put a wash on them tomorrow and post some pics.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old April 29th, 2015, 12:34 AM

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
I just received an order of the Safari Glow in the Dark Good Luck Ants. I sprayed 2 sets of 4 with Krylon Fusion Spray Paint and it seems to be adhering quite well. I did 4 with a satin Terra Cotta and 4 with a satin Burgandy. Hopefully, I'll have a chance to put a wash on them tomorrow and post some pics.
awesome Mac, can't wait to see results

C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
Old April 29th, 2015, 12:39 AM

Oh by the way...this may increase the sales:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...php?b=2511 ://

Old April 29th, 2015, 01:09 PM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!

Please put me down for 14 squads. I'll repaint some for the C3V ants.
Old April 29th, 2015, 02:14 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Repainted Glow-In-The-Dark Safari Good Luck Ants. Results should be similar with the Black Ants. I like the look of the Terracotta, but they don't necessarily look like red ants. The Burgundy are a little dark. I'm going to look for another shade of the Fusion paint.

Krylon Fusion Satin Burgundy base with Ogryn Flesh wash.

Krylon Fusion Satin Terracotta with Ogryn Flesh wash.

Comparison: TerracottaBurgundy, Unpainted, & BurgundyTerracotta.

Edit: Corrected header on last photo. Sorry!

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031

Last edited by mac122; April 29th, 2015 at 04:41 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs