Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

View Poll Results: Do these cards look and feel right
Right on 8 61.54%
ehh, maybe 5 38.46%
Don't quit your day job 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 27th, 2016, 10:18 AM
"like" happy

TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Update:9/10/16 trex's customs: Lotr-hobbit-ac cardblanks

I still follow HOF. I seen the adjustment but have been pretty busy. I may adjust the freerunner ability eventually. I may tweak him when I get back to making my own customs. There's plenty to do for HOSS right now though.
Old October 28th, 2016, 08:26 PM
"like" happy

TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun
Update:10/28/16 trex's customs: Frodo and the one ring

I updated Frodo Baggins, Also made The One Ring.

FRODO BAGGINS

THE ONE RING TREASURE GLYPH

Last edited by TREX; October 28th, 2016 at 09:27 PM.
Old October 28th, 2016, 08:49 PM
"like" happy

Update:10/28/16 trex's customs: FRODO, STING, THE ONE RING

STING TREASURE GLYPH
Old October 28th, 2016, 09:01 PM
"like" happy

Update:10/28/16 trex's customs: FRODO,BILBO,STING,TheONEring

BILBO BAGGINS

Last edited by TREX; October 28th, 2016 at 09:20 PM.
Old October 28th, 2016, 09:28 PM
"like" happy

Re: Update:10/28/16 trex's customs: FRODO, STING, THE ONE RI

Made some slight wording fixes to Sting, The one Ring, and Frodo cards.

Thoughts and Feedback very welcome. Haven't had a chance to try out these new creations.

EDIT: I wanted to change frodo from my last card because he doesn't really start with the ring of power. If any character I make will start with the One Ring, it would be gollum. After all, Bilbo takes it from him, and then passes it on to frodo. The reason I gave Frodo the Mithril shirt and not bilbo is because bilbo gets the mithril shirt close to the end of his journey, and passes it on to frodo, in which it helps frodo out time and again. Is Tricksy a personality? If anyone has it, its a hobbitses.
Old February 19th, 2017, 01:04 AM
"like" happy

Update:2-18-17 Trex's customs:Ogres/Hobgoblins/Half Orc

I've written down so many cards over the last few months without time to put em in photoshop or elsewhere. Some new ones I've come up with cant be put off any longer. I'm yet to fully name some of these guys as of yet but have the figures for the most part and have most of their cards fleshed out. Here they are.
The first one is a remake of an older card I did but brings more to the table than the other did making these guys more special. On these cards, they are still being edited and put together. I'm just throwing out the jist of what I'm aiming for. When I've had time to put it together in photoshop or elsewhere they'll be more legit in the text.
Quote:
Hobgoblin(Generic name) I've got some ideas floatin around. Ideas welcome.
common squad(3 man squad)
Soldiers
Bloodthirsty
Medium 5
Stats
Attack 3
Defense 4
Range 1
Move 5
points 70
Either: Bloodthirsty Hero bonding/or Quest for Blood as title name(I'm open to suggestions)
Before taking a turn with the "Hobgoblins" you may take a turn with a Bloodthirsty hero you control.

Bloodlust
After moving. Hobgoblins must attack a wounded figure if possible. Hobgoblins gain +1 attack on wounded figures.

Ignore the common filth(Open to title ideas here, I haven't settled on one yet.)
Add +1 defense to your roll when defending against an attack from a common squad figure.
Overview. These guys are an elite fighting infantry designed to survive a little longer against hordes of smaller enemies but be able to hold their own against them and take out wounded heroes. They will also bond with additional units that create a theme of a Bloodthirsty out for blood type of faction of Hobgoblins and Ogres and such.

Here are some ideas for some of their bonding heroes. So far I have a few of the Ogre types in the works.
Quote:
Black Rock Ogre(open to suggestions for names, and such. Not set in stone yet.)

Ogre
Uncommon Hero
Warrior
Bloodthirsty
Huge 8

Stats
Attack 5
Defense 3
Range 1
Move 5
Life 8
Pts 150 or so

Bludgeon
After wounding a figure, you must roll one additional unblockable attack die. If a skull is rolled, that figure takes one additional wound.

Overswing
If an attack is made, and the defending figure takes no damage, you must reroll that attack roll on a figure that is adjacent to both this ogre and the targeted figure of your opponent's choosing. If there are not any figures adjacent to both this ogre and the targeted figure, this ogre takes a wound. Overswing may only be used once per turn.
Overview: I wanted to keep the theme of powerful with a side of overzealous stupidity for my Ogre Customs. I feel like this guy does some justice and has quite a bit of power, but can come at a price. I also wanted these guys as some bonding options for my hobgoblins.
Quote:
Ogre Executioner(working on a name as this guy will be unique)

Ogre
Unique Hero
Executioner
Bloodthirsty
Huge 8

Stats
Attack 4
Defense 3
Range 1
Move 5
Life 8
points 150-up not determined yet as the Execution ability is quite powerful.
Execution
If "Ogre guy" wounded a small or medium figure this turn roll one additional attack die. If a skull is rolled that figure is destroyed. If there are at least two friendly figures adjacent to the targeted figure a blank rolled counts as a skull.

Overswing
If an attack is made, and the defending figure takes no damage, you must reroll that attack roll on a figure that is adjacent to both this ogre and the targeted figure of your opponent's choosing. If there are not any figures adjacent to both this ogre and the targeted figure, this ogre takes a wound. Overswing may only be used once per turn.
Overview: I wanted this guy to be a real scary dude. An OGRE, EXECUTIONER. The addition to the power including the two friendly figures represents his buddies holding the wounded figure still for an easier execution. On the flip side, to keep up theme with ogres being powerful and not so smart, the ogre overswinging could quite easily execute one of his buddies helping him out.

Quote:
Ogre Lord (name input welcome)

Ogre
Unique Hero
Lord
Bloodthirsty
Huge8-10 (It'll probably be about as big as bramcephis)

Stats
Attack 5
Defense 3
Move 5
Range 1
Life 8
Pts 150-200

Flail of Devastation special Attack 5 Range Special
When taking a turn with this Ogre lord, if he is engaged with at least 2 enemy figures he must use Flail of Devastation Special Attack. All figures adjacent to this Ogre Lord are affected. Roll attack dice once, all figures roll defense Dice separately.

Pummel
When attacking with a normal attack, if this Ogre lord wounds the defending figure, roll an additional unblockable attack die. If a skull is rolled that figure recieves an additional wound. This ogre lord must roll an additional attack die until it does not roll a skull. Pummel may not be used on huge figures.
Overview: This is a guy that kind of runs the show for this new faction I'm coming up with. It will kind of resemble the Ogre lord in Warcraft 3. He's not quite as dopey as some of his underlings, but is still bloodthirsty enough to kill anything if there are a couple of enemies there to die as well with his flail of devastation.(It is similar to flail hurricane on purpose with a slight twist. If the opponent knows his weakness, they can place fodder next to him while he's next to his own troops and he can't help himself. The pummel idea is one that was rehashed a bit. Now it is a bit more scary but so thematic of a giant ogre pounding the crap out of someone and not stopping til its a unrecognizable mess.

Last but not least is my:

Quote:
Half Orc Torturer(Still needs a name.)

Half Orc
Unique Hero
Torturer
Tormenting
Medium 5

Stats
Attack 3
Defense 3
Range 1
Move 5
Lifes 5
Points-Not sure on this yet.

Capture or Take Prisoner(Ideas welcome for the title.)
If an enemy Unique hero takes enough damage to be destroyed you may instead place that figure on this army card. There may only be one figure on this army card at a time. A figure on this army card may not move, attack, or perform any of its special abilities. If Half Orc is destroyed place the figure on this army card on the space Half Orc occupied.

Bend Will/Break Will-other ideas welcome
After revealing an order marker on any army card you control and before using that army card, roll the 20 sided die.
If you roll a 1-4, remove the figure from this army card, and your opponent may place it up to 4 spaces away from half orc and regain full control of it.
Roll a 5-16, the figure stays on this army card.
Roll a 17 or higher. You gain permanent control of the figure and may place it up to 4 spaces away from half orc. Remove all previous order markers from the card. Subtract 1 from your die roll for valiant figures.
Overview: Achieve a new aspect of taking an opponents heroes by breaking their will. The 1-4 represents the hero getting away from his captors, and the 17-20 represents that the hero could not take the torture anymore and has decided to join them to ease his/her suffering. Little bonus in there for valiant figures. This guy should be able to torture heroes for any army build. A fun idea, that I was able to simplify a bit. I really like that it gives the option to a team that is almost dead to try to turn an enemy unit instead of kill it to help them win with a small chance for the other person to not lose their hero and get them back.
I would really appreciate any feedback you guys would be willing to throw at me. I'm quite excited about these designs. I feel they are fairly unique with some of the mechanics involved bringing new fun ways to Heroscape. I have most of the abilities nailed down but pricing and naming is still up in the air. As always, if any of you can make what I'm saying in the abilities more Scapey, I'd be greatful for that as well. Thanks for looking, and hopefully I'll throw these on real cards soon enough. On the Ogres cards the reason for saying wound a figure instead of hero, is so it can transfer over to squad figures in AOTP. They need to be bludgeoned, pummeled, and executed too right?
Old April 1st, 2018, 12:19 AM
"like" happy

Re: Trex's customs:LOTR/ASSASSINS CREED

Been awhile since I've done Heroscape customs: Certain events have inspired me to get back into my Assassin's creed and LOTR/HOBBIT customs. I have removed all my other Valhalla customs because I'm pushing the reset button on them. I have reskinned some classic units with my Templar template and will also do the same with the assassin template on the ones that apply.
To go with my Crusader knights that have already been done, I've revamped the names of the heroes with them to reflect characters from the Assassin Creed games along with the reskinning of the 10th regiment of Foot to go with my Templar Faction.

As far as the official units and borrowed units from other projects go, they are simply reskinned for my project and I will give credit where it is due.
Old April 1st, 2018, 12:51 AM
"like" happy

Re: Trex's customs:Update:3-31-18 LOTR/ASSASSINS CREED

I plan on revamping the Assassin's abilities for the different ones, not sure which ones I'll assign or how I'm going to do it but I have made a list of abilities that are quite up an assassins arsenal. Giving credit to @Leaf_It , and @Kinseth for kicking my mind back in gear with their talk of their Drow Assassin Abilities. Also borrowing a variant of Assassinate 2 from kinseth to add to my list of Assassin abilities I'll draw from when making cards.
Here's the list so far for abilities to use for my assassin creed assassin's:

Assassinate 2-After taking a turn with a (Figure) drop an X order marker on the card to take a turn with +2 attack.

Move in Shadows- If no order markers were on this card this round, move this figure/s up to 4 spaces. Figures using Move in Shadows may not move adjacent to an enemy figure.

Hide in Darkness- Like the Drow.

Vanish 9 or 10 or 11- Like Isamu or slightly harder to do.

Smoke Powder 13- like Nakitas

Chomp 16-like grimnak, but renamed to fit assassins

Blend into the Crowd- When figure is targeted for an attack may switch positions with an unengaged friendly common figure within 3 spaces of the figure. That figure is attacked instead.

Counter Attack- After defending against an attacker, reveal X order marker to attack the figure that just attacked if possible.

Counter Strike-like Samurai

Phantom Walk-like ninjas

Disengage-like orcs

Quick Stab Special Attack- Like SIIV

Bolas ability-james murphys whip renamed

Throwing knives attack of some kind

Poison weapons- Like Drow

Feel free to comment or make suggestions on other types of abilities that would be fun for the Assassin Creed Project. I'm not sure yet on how I'd like to divide them out for different units or what not. Very exciting.
I'm also going to make additional LOTR and Hobbit figures to go along with the ones I've already completed in the OP. Thanks for looking.

Last edited by TREX; April 1st, 2018 at 02:54 AM.
Old April 1st, 2018, 01:37 AM
"like" happy

Gollum LOTR

Gollum The Hobbit

With Gollum I wanted to represent his split personality with his Smeagol ability. I used Eternal Hatred from Marcu Eseweins card as it seemed fitting. Also gave him an attack boost on Characters that might have taken the ring from him. Also added the Unseen ability to him like my other Hobbits allowing him to do some ssssneeeaking.

Last edited by TREX; April 1st, 2018 at 02:09 AM. Reason: Needed to add Gollum having Possession of the Ring at the Beginning of a game.
Old April 1st, 2018, 02:35 AM
"like" happy

Next up for my Templar Army: A simple Template Change to fit in with my Assassin Creed Project,for one of my favorite C3V units, the Cathar Spearmen.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards