Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old September 17th, 2013, 12:29 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
The Book of Super Computer custom tutorial

The Book of Super Computer

Custom Tutorial

Difficulty: - 4 out 5 stars (fiddly cutting involved)

Download the PDF

-Supplies Needed-
  • PDF of Super Computer
  • Foam Core
  • Matte board
  • Cardstock (1 matt plus 1 optional gloss)
  • Sharp Knife
  • Elmers School Glue Stick
  • Elmers School Glue
  • Sharpie (colours close to the parts of the Super Computer where edging is required or black - I like doing this all in black as it gives it a comic outline look)
  • Ruler (steel works the best)
  • Good cutting surface

-Tutorial-
  1. Print out sheet 1 of the PDF on matte cardstock.
    Optional: Print out sheet 2. Only required if you want to bring the monitors out more giving the entire object a bit more 3D. Printing this sheet on gloss cardstock will give it more of a realistic shiny appearance. I placed them on the page so they could be printed on the same cardstock sheet 1 by turning it around & printing again, or on the same cardstock as an Army Card as per the picture below (I use gloss cardstock for my Army Cards).
  2. Cut loosely around the following pieces:
    • the front piece (blue-grey background with monitors pictured on it)
    • the desk top (light grey curved piece with keyboards on pictured on it)
    • the 3 desk support pieces (2 white & the other dark grey with a light grey tip)
    • the base tile (rock patterned dual hex space piece)
      Optional: Cut loosely around the monitors of sheet 2 & paste them on extra cardstock to bring them out even further.
  3. Cut precisely around all other pieces (Optional: including the monitors that where stuck on extra cardstock).
  4. With your Sharpies edge around all the precisely cut pieces to cover the white edge.
  5. Using the Glue Stick, paste the front piece & the 3 desk support pieces to Foamcore.
  6. Using the Glue Stick, paste the desk top & tile base to Matte Board.

7. Cut the pieces on the Foamcore & the Matte Board. Try to cut them square.
    Tip: Some of the cuts are fiddly, don't try to cut all the way through on your first cut. Use multiple precise cuts taking your time. The insets at the top of the computer can be folder back once you get through the top layer of the foamcore, then you can get your knife in to complete the cut through, like in the picture below.

Optional: Paste the monitors printed out from sheet 2 on top of the monitors of the unit.
  8. There are feint lines on either side of the the large monitor. With your knife put a small notch across the foamcore at the top & bottom of both lines.

9. On the backside of foamcore, using a ruler & the notches as a guide, cut through only the top layer & the foam to make 2 straight lines down the back. Bend forward along these lines.

10. Glue this monitor unit to the base tile. Line it up with the solid grey sections.

11. Glue the desk supports into the notches left at the bottom of the unit and to the base tile. Ensure the grey coloured support is the outside left one.
    You may choose to make the computer without the chairs. If so, cut the 2 desk supports the same as the odd one before gluing in place and skip steps 16-18.

12. Glue the desk to the desk supports.
    Tip: Before gluing, bend the sides of the desk upwards so that when placed the desk is on all 3 supports (not just the 2 outer ones).

13. Score (lightly drag the knife across without cutting through) the 4 vertical lines on the back piece and fold forward.

14. Glue back piece on to the unit.
    Tip: Line up the centre piece first then the sides.

15. Edge the scored lines so the white is covered up.
  16. Score the lines of the chairs & fold as below

17. Glue the chair backs together

18. Glue chairs to the appropriate desk supports.

19. Score the lines on the cover strips and fold them to match the contour the unit.
    Note: The pieces with the triangle ends are on the outside with the triangle covering the gap made by the folding of the whole unit forward.
  20. Glue cover strips in place.
    Tip: Start by pushing the strips down in the cut out pieces of the unit above the monitors. Also put a blob of glue in the holes that the triangle pieces cover, this will hold them in place when it dries.
  21. Edge the scored lines of the cover strips.

NOTES:
  1. Edging isn't important but it does give the piece a finished look. Match the colours with your edging for a realistic look or use black the whole way through for a comic outline effect.

Last edited by A3n; April 12th, 2017 at 12:08 AM.
Old September 17th, 2013, 12:36 AM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Super Computer custom tutorial

So I have obviously built it. But we will need somebody to build it from the instructions. Please.
Old September 17th, 2013, 08:31 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think I have some stray foamcore. If so I will give it a go this weekend.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 17th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Very cool!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 19th, 2014, 12:47 AM

Anybody have a chance to make this from the tutorial yet?
Old January 19th, 2014, 10:42 AM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Haven't finished it yet. They are printed and glued but not yet assembled ...
Old January 26th, 2014, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
Haven't finished it yet. They are printed and glued but not yet assembled ...
Excellent. Looking forward to seeing your result.
Old May 14th, 2014, 10:29 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'll make one of these once the files are back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old May 14th, 2014, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I'll make one of these once the files are back.
I'll hold you to that then . Will fix ASAP.
Old May 15th, 2014, 05:20 PM

Fixed.
Old May 30th, 2014, 06:29 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

So I made this but it was a bit too detailed for my non-crafty fat fingers. To make things easier for me, I cut off the little spikes on the sides and I didn't bother with the chairs or cover strips at all. It still looks nice and fits on the battlefield well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old September 14th, 2015, 03:50 AM

Has anybody finished one of these completely?

I'm kind of thinking that maybe we need to move the terrain design threads out to the public to try to get people to test these things. This has been sitting in here for a year now.

We might need to review our processes.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library