Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Terrain Makers

Notices

Old January 11th, 2012, 12:19 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Three-Space Glacier Terrain Tutorial

I love it man. Get a good side shot in some natural sun light, and let's get that pic on the front page for Spring when all the mastodons thaw out that time of year.
Old January 11th, 2012, 01:42 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Great work Rudiger. But we wouldn't expect anything less from an Aussie .
Old October 16th, 2016, 11:11 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I've never used any of these home bake clays but since completing my partial sets seems to be expensive I'm thinking about trying this for Outcrops and Glaciers. Curious about the durability and weight. How thick does the "shell" need to be to make it sturdy and what's the weight like?

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 17th, 2016, 11:27 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
I've never used any of these home bake clays but since completing my partial sets seems to be expensive I'm thinking about trying this for Outcrops and Glaciers. Curious about the durability and weight. How thick does the "shell" need to be to make it sturdy and what's the weight like?
Once baked it's probably slightly more durable than the original plastic piece. Any thicknes up to 5mm would be ideal for this. Using foil as the core keeps the weight down but it is more substantial that the original pieces.
Old October 17th, 2016, 11:56 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Once baked it's probably slightly more durable than the original plastic piece. Any thicknes up to 5mm would be ideal for this. Using foil as the core keeps the weight down but it is more substantial that the original pieces.
Thanks for the info. One more question, So you've personally done this?

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 18th, 2016, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Thanks for the info. One more question, So you've personally done this?
Yes & no.

Yes I have used the baked stuff personally, but not for any HS stuff. I have used the "air-dry" clay for these though . I find the air-dry stuff harder to work with though, but it's all I had at the time.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Terrain Makers