Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old February 28th, 2010, 11:00 AM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: In my day job I ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgraves321 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Sorry for the long winded job description. Though anyone that knows me around here knows that I can get wordy at times.
That's great, actually. I usually tend to be the one to write forever and ever ... so I'm glad that I'm not the only one.
You, Hamma, Sarpedon...

Good posts though.
Old February 28th, 2010, 12:56 PM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulp View Post
Tonight I got to go backstage and hang out with Brian Regan.
Dang, he's one of my favorite comedians. Lucky!

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
— Mark Twain
Old February 28th, 2010, 01:08 PM

wdgrant knows what's in an order marker wdgrant knows what's in an order marker

I am a financial consultant, or what some people call a broker. I help my clients with their investments and it is a great job. I was in retail bank management for years before this gig, and I love not having to "babysit" any employees. I do my job and don't have to worry much about anyone else. I also have some schedule flexibility which is nice. I do end up working some evenings and weekends just because that is when most people are free. Overall, I like what I do and don't dread going in to work each day.
Old February 28th, 2010, 01:22 PM

Jdet is surprisingly tart

I'm a salesman for a document management company. I basically call people to try and arrange appointments. I then go visit said people to give them a pitch. I also get to travel around south-central Scotland and install the machines.
Old February 28th, 2010, 01:44 PM

bgraves321 Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Jandar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgraves321 View Post
Quote:
Sorry for the long winded job description. Though anyone that knows me around here knows that I can get wordy at times.
That's great, actually. I usually tend to be the one to write forever and ever ... so I'm glad that I'm not the only one.
You, Hamma, Sarpedon...

Good posts though.
Yeah, yeah. I just joined a bit ago, so I don't have much of a rep yet ... but just you wait bg
Old February 28th, 2010, 09:03 PM

SpiderCoach knows what's in an order marker SpiderCoach knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I teach high school science.
Hey, I do that as well, but I'm in a little school so I also teach art, music and computer studies.

Jack of all trades, master of none.
I used to teach middle school science. Now, I work as the Director of Education at a small 2-year college.

"If winning doesn't matter, why keep score?"

Special Thanks to: stay_golden_PONYBOY, Browncoat, Onacara, King's Knight, Grishnakh, and Kenjib

Good Traders: capnfrank, heroscaper314, Rÿchean
Old February 28th, 2010, 11:39 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

I smash my knuckles with a wrench until they bleed and ruin my clothes with grease.

I'm an auto mechanic. I work on all import models. I really like my job. I won't fix your car on the weekend.
Old February 28th, 2010, 11:54 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
I smash my knuckles with a wrench until they bleed and ruin my clothes with grease.

I'm an auto mechanic. I work on all import models.I really like my job. I won't fix your car on the weekend.
And I won't paint your house on the weekend. I hear you my man, they think you have nothing but time to work on their stuff on your days off.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 28th, 2010, 11:58 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:

I'm an auto mechanic. I work on all import models.I really like my job. I won't fix your car on the weekend.
And I won't paint your house on the weekend. I hear you my man, they think you have nothing but time to work on their stuff on your days off.
I'd bring beer to your house on my days off. Usually would involve the big game or heroscape though,
Old March 1st, 2010, 12:12 AM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

I worked for my uncle over the summer and we painted houses on the weekends... I am not joking you. But mostly we painted when the sun was up, so all days really.

On slow days we removed trees people didn't want in their yards anymore*. My Uncle does a ton of work for the small town he lives in, and working for him was probably the best thing I ever could have done with my summer.

*We took down big trees that they couldn't remove on their own. We took 80 foot oaks, pine trees (3 in one day is rough), more oak, and hey we also took out oak trees. We cut it all up, loaded it into a truck (by hand), moved it across town, unloaded it (by hand), and then split the rounds (with a splitter, but also with an axe so it went faster) so we could sell them for fire wood. Wow, was it good work... really felt good a the end of the day!

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old March 1st, 2010, 12:52 AM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:

I work in Finance. On the weekends, I fix my cars and paint my house. Friends and family who work on cars and paint don't seem to want to help. During tax season, I have my taxes and my friends' and family's taxes to do. I'm doing something wrong.
Old March 1st, 2010, 04:39 AM

Spooky Woo who?

Self employed.

Outdoor laser skirmish business.

We can do everything from kids parties to military training.

I also run a couple of endurance events each year.... kind of like a LAN party - 24 hours continous play, eat, sleep or toilet visit the game is on.

Good fun.

"Hit your enemy with the biggest weapon you have... but do not forget to quietly hamstring him as you do so.
In war there is no such thing as excessive violence."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General