Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 7th, 2007, 03:18 PM

Renquist has disabled reputation
I would like to contribute something to this thread if I may.

I'll state at this time I have never been a moderator of a forum. I have, however been both a moderator and operator of an adult allowed chat site - the name of which is irrelevant.

In my years of overseeing the quagmire of human interaction I learned a couple of things that I find many internet users are all too often blissfully unaware of:

The internet is a very flexible tool. It can be used by all people from all walks of life for all purposes. One thing that is always at the forefront of my online interactions is very simple and even paramount - the internet is a facade. It is a veil if security; for all the right reasons, between one user and the rest of the online world. As such, you must keep in mind that people online can be whoever they want to be.

Is that a bad thing? Not always. Role playing is a fantastic social tool and quite healthy I believe. However, too many people buy into the hype... they accept, live it, breathe it, and also become completely oblivious to the harsh realities of life.

I don't want to sound like the doomsayer but I agree with Ninth in that you can never, EVER be too careful in your online interactions. As a moderator, operator, friend and concerned individual I've had to pick up the pieces of someones shattered illusion too many times. Yes, this forum is not as social a tool perhaps as a chat room but all personal interaction should be monitored with perhaps a tiny grain of salt and a healthy does of common sense.

That said.....

There are also many wonderful potential friends and acquaintances waiting to be met online. This community seems to be a great breeding ground for great people.

I may be new, but I'm glad to be a heroscapers member. I for one will strive to act in the best interest of all members and treat everyone with common courtesy and respect.

I'm done ranting now....

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online