Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old November 16th, 2014, 01:27 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: Help With Wurdz

Hoping you can look this one over before we officially submit it to SoV. Be cruel.
Old November 16th, 2014, 08:19 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Hoping you can look this one over before we officially submit it to SoV. Be cruel.
Music to an editor's ears.

That said, this looks pretty tight. I'm so excited to see a kobold squad I'll type out your powers for you:

Warrior Devotion
At the start of the game, choose a Unique Warrior Hero you control to be the Kobolds of Idona Keep's Master. While their chosen Master is in play, when taking a turn with the Kobolds of Idona Keep, you may move and attack with 1 additional Kobold for each Wound Marker on their Master's Army Card. You can choose only one Master for all Kobolds of Idona Keep you control. Kobolds of Idona Keep cannot attack their own Master.

Avenge the Master
A Kobold of Idona Keep rolls 2 additional attack dice while its chosen Master is destroyed.

Scale
When moving up or down levels of terrain, Kobolds of Idona Keep may add 2 to their height.
Warrior Devotion: There are a couple things about this power that make me wonder if it will create weird corner cases. It's good enough for me, but I'm more cavalier in my approach to those things than some others are.

The "while in play" language is unprecedented (as far as I know) and doesn't seem quite Heroscape-y. You can eliminate it and add some theme with this: "For each wound marker on the Master, when taking a turn with the Kobolds of Idona Keep, you may move and attack with 1 additional Kobold for each Wound Marker on their Master's Army Card. All Kobolds moving or attacking with Warriors Devotion must be within 12 clear sight spaces of the Master prior to its movement."

Avenge the Master: I haven't followed your thread, but I'm guessing that the "While" language appears to adjust for the possibility that a Master will occasionally be able to come back from the dead, and you don't want to give the boon twice. I propose the following, more elegant alternative: "If the Master of the Kobolds of Idona Keep is destroyed, the Kobolds of Idona Keep add 2 to their attack." Expressed this way, as a conditional, if the precedent is untrue (Master becomes not destroyed) the antecedent (the bonus) fails.

Scale: It looks like there may be an extra space between "of" and "Idona" on the card.

Overall it looks good. I'm assuming the minis must be truly tiny, considering the Goblins are height 3. Also, I am sure you have considered carefully that (a) Jotun and Shurrak are both qualified Masters, and (b) at this price point it should be pretty simple to build a swarm of these and something else that can put some wounds on the Master. I'm not sure of an elegant way to write up Warrior Devotion disqualifying (1) wounds from (2) any figure you control. You could, however, use a marker, or a maximum, or change it to "takes damage from an opponent's normal attack," or some such.

Thanks for sharing!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 16th, 2014, 08:39 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

That "while in play" line comes straight from MacDirk's Highland Fury:

Old November 16th, 2014, 08:47 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Ah, ok. Thank you for checking my work, MS. I don't have any MacDirk Warriors & was not familiar with their card.

I still don't think it's very Heroscape-y, and I personally don't like it, but if this is headed to the SoV I am aware of the importance of a conservative approach. Ok, leave it. (Blech.)

= =
Old November 16th, 2014, 11:52 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

D_S please read over your proposed text for Warrior Devotion one more time.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 17th, 2014, 12:12 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Hmm. Well, it's late and I'm trying to finish a project, but if I missed something in the alternate language (and mechanic) for "while in play," just ignore it. I yield the day to the MacDirks, as far as that goes.

= =
Old November 17th, 2014, 12:32 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

"All Kobolds... its movement" should be "Each Kobold... its movement", if we're using the 12 spaces model. That's what you were referring to, right @capsocrates ?
Old November 17th, 2014, 12:35 AM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

So the repetition doesn't bother anyone?

"For each wound marker on the Master, when taking a turn with the Kobolds of Idona Keep, you may move and attack with 1 additional Kobold for each Wound Marker on their Master's Army Card. All Kobolds moving or attacking with Warriors Devotion must be within 12 clear sight spaces of the Master prior to its movement."

It bothers me enough that I would vote to review if it were submitted to me that way.

--
--
--

--
Old November 17th, 2014, 12:37 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

I'll look at it tomorrow. Sometimes those happen but there may be a better option.

= =
Old November 17th, 2014, 09:19 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Good catch, Cap. The fix is easy enough:
For each wound marker on the Master, wWhen taking a turn with the Kobolds of Idona Keep, you may move and attack with 1 additional Kobold for each Wound Marker on their Master's Army Card. All Kobolds moving or attacking with Warriors Devotion must be within 12 clear sight spaces of the Master prior to its movement."
Which leaves:
When taking a turn with the Kobolds of Idona Keep, you may move and attack with 1 additional Kobold for each Wound Marker on their Master's Army Card. All Kobolds moving or attacking with Warriors Devotion must be within 12 clear sight spaces of the Master prior to its movement.
. . . assuming you have no interest in further tweaking.

edit: tagging @johnny139 , to make sure he sees this follow up.

= =
Old November 17th, 2014, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
"All Kobolds... its movement" should be "Each Kobold... its movement", if we're using the 12 spaces model. That's what you were referring to, right @capsocrates ?
I think you missed this one too.

--
--
--

--
Old November 17th, 2014, 09:39 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Yes. "Each" is better.

= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; November 17th, 2014 at 09:41 AM. Reason: *sigh*

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards