Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old March 26th, 2018, 12:34 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Re: Pathfinder RPG Play By Post with Heroscapers

This sounds very interesting, however some Sadist is running a diplomacy game right now which takes up a considerable amount of my WETWEAR RAM.

Best of luck to all players though!

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old March 26th, 2018, 01:26 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

My SOP is to roll up about 6 characters before the campaign starts and then pick one at the end. Here goes!

edit: As a sadist running an online game of Diplomacy, I have plenty of time for this, because it is the masochist players who are stuck in that time sink.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; March 26th, 2018 at 02:38 PM.
Old March 26th, 2018, 01:49 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Paizo hosts all of their Open Gaming License content here. I suggest sticking to the Core Rulebook (CRB) to start, but if you really want to dive down the rabbit hole, there are over 30+ classes to pick from if you go outside the CRB. If you do go outside the CRB, then d20pfsrd does a nice job of organizing things by category, regardless of the book it came from, and archivesOfNethys does a nice job of providing a robust search engine for finding specific things.
I should be up front about this part as well: the assumption in the Organized Play campaign is that one owns at least a .pdf for all the material their character uses. This is another reason I suggested sticking with the CRB. Most of the major .pdfs are $10 a pop.

With that said, I usually approach first time players the same way they would meet the game at a con. That is, you can get a few games in to get your feet wet using just the available online resources before you decide that you're in for the long haul and want to put some cash into it. That's how I started off, way back in 2014.

If you're going to go the D_S route and create 6 characters you would only need to *eventually* purchase the materials for the character you decide to actually use, so go ahead and go wild.

--

If I were to eventually run a "regular" campaign, it would not have this restriction re: owning the material.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old March 26th, 2018, 02:31 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Another thing I should clarify; I am not looking to start for another month or two yet. I am gauging interest while I wait for the games I am currently GMing to wrap up.

--
--
--

--
Old March 26th, 2018, 11:34 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Curiosity

Given the relatively little time commitment and the distance away, I think I can put pretty good odds I can commit to it.

Would I actually need to purchase something or could I work off of d20pfsrd?

~Dysole, who did that for the like one other Pathfinder game she played
Old March 27th, 2018, 12:09 AM

Re: Curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Given the relatively little time commitment and the distance away, I think I can put pretty good odds I can commit to it.

Would I actually need to purchase something or could I work off of d20pfsrd?

~Dysole, who did that for the like one other Pathfinder game she played
You would need to make at least one purchase sooner or later, yes.

--
--
--

--
Old March 27th, 2018, 07:54 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

The $10 PDF, yes? So not a big one. I’ll get the printed one for $22 but still manageable.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 27th, 2018, 12:02 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Are "featured races" acceptable or just the "core" races?
Old March 27th, 2018, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Are "featured races" acceptable or just the "core" races?
It depends. Check the Additional Resources page. But any source books you use outside the Core Rulebook you should also plan on purchasing for Pathfinder Society Play. For races, the Additional Resource page specifies that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Additional Resources
To create an aasimar, catfolk, changeling, dhampir, fetchling, gillman, grippli, goblin, merfolk, ratfolk, samsaran, suli, tiefling, vanara, or vishkanya character, you must have a Chronicle sheet that opens the race as a legal option at character creation. Aasimars and tieflings that were created and had at least one xp applied before August 14, 2014, remain legal for play. The boon restriction to create a kitsune, nagaji, and wayang was removed at the start of Season 6 and all three are now available for open creation. The boon restriction to create ifrits, oreads, sylphs, and undines was removed at the start of Season 8, and all four are now freely available.

--
--
--

--
Old March 27th, 2018, 07:53 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I was wanting to play a catfolk. I guess I'll have to pick up a different book for that.
Old March 27th, 2018, 08:28 PM

Apologies, this'll be my first Pathfinder game of anything, PBP or not! I'll have to reread everything and see exactly what I need.
Old March 27th, 2018, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
I was wanting to play a catfolk. I guess I'll have to pick up a different book for that.
Unfortunately, catfolk are on the list of races that require a boon to play. Race boons are typically handed out for GMing at a con.

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online