Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old February 28th, 2018, 08:05 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

The questions before and after that one do a pretty good job of mentioning checking engagement after each space moved in the context of leaving engagement.
Old February 28th, 2018, 11:25 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Can’t link anything directly, but this is how it works in picto-word form:

(1)(u)(_)(2)

Here, we are going to assume the numbers are enemy figures and the ‘u’ is your figure who is moving. If the ‘u’ moves to the blank space adjacent to the ‘2’, then he would take an immediate leaving engagement attack from ‘1’.

Continuing...
..(_)(_)
(_)(1)(_)
..(_)(_)
(u)

Now if your unit moves adjacent to the enemy 1, it can still move to any of the six space surrounding it and remain engaged with the 1. For this type of movemement, the 1 doesn’t get to give leaving engagement attacks.

Hopefully this helps!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old March 1st, 2018, 06:17 AM

pnkfelix Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
The questions before and after that one do a pretty good job of mentioning checking engagement after each space moved in the context of leaving engagement.
I don’t know, I found text like this only made me wonder further about the other interpretation of the rules: “Remember, adjacency is checked only on spaces, not the area in between spaces.“

(Where the erroneous reasoner here is thinking “yes! The area in between my starting and ending spaces, which is what I’ve been calling ‘intermediate spaces’)
Old March 1st, 2018, 08:13 AM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnkfelix View Post
Quote:
I don’t know, I found text like this only made me wonder further about the other interpretation of the rules: “Remember, adjacency is checked only on spaces, not the area in between spaces.“

(Where the erroneous reasoner here is thinking “yes! The area in between my starting and ending spaces, which is what I’ve been calling ‘intermediate spaces’)
This type of speaking reminds me of something I recall some members talking about adjacent and engagement strikes. There were a few talking about it. Let me find it.

EDIT: @Mr Migraine I guess you guys talk about this topic a lot. I was referring to the discussion in The Books of the Nakita Agents when talking about when engagement Strike triggers. Here is the quote i was thinking of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrgard View Post
We had a similar discussion on the french forum, and I changed my point of view. Let me tell you what I believe now, and what I think is supported by official sources.

There are two types of movements :
  1. Movements where the figure full movement can be divided in a succession of 1 hex movement. It is normal moves, and moves with powers with the flying/Grapple Arm wording
  2. Movements where the figure is "teleported" from one hex to another, without being able to divide this move.
The moves in the first list consists in a succession of atomic moves, moves in the seconde list consist of a unique atomic move. (atomic meaning here that this move cannot be divided further in smaller moves)

Each atomic move triggers a "left engagement" check

The official FAQ tells how to do this check :

Quote:
When does a figure actually receive a leaving engagement attack?
The leaving engagement attack occurs as soon as you declare that the figure is moving onto a space that is no longer adjacent. Remember, adjacency is checked only on spaces, not the area in between spaces. Once you do that, your opponent can take a leaving engagement attack. The figure is considered to be still on the adjacent space when it receives or doesn't receive the leaving engagement attack.
This FAQ clearly states that to check if a figure left engagement, for each atomic move, one doesn't look at how it moved or how many hex it moved with this atomic move, one just checks if the ending hex is still adjacent to the opponent figure.

So clearly, for normal 1hex moves and every powers in the second list, if the starting hex and the ending hex are both adjacent to the opponent figure, you didn't left engagement, and then don't triggers opportunity strike.
For powers with Flying/Grapple Arm wording, it is different because the power itself states that it behave differently, and the text of a power overule the standard rules (it is the goal of powers, of course).

So every atomic move that keeps a figure adjacent to an opponent figure doesn't break engagement UNLESS the power explicitly say so, as it does in powers with the Flying/Grapple Arm wording.

Finally, the list of power that triggers Nakita's opportunity strike when used to move from an hex adjacent to the nakita to another hex also adjacent to this nakita is :
Flying/Stealth Flying/Stealth Leap/Grapple Arm/Swing Line/Super Leap

any other power follows the rule stated in this FAQ and does not triggers opportunity strike if it keeps the figure at each atomic move adjacent to the nakita.

Can you see a flaw in my reasoning ? It has the advantage to be (I think) entirely based on official statements.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet

Last edited by itsbuzzi; March 1st, 2018 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Found It
Old March 1st, 2018, 08:20 AM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbuzzi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnkfelix View Post
Quote:

This type of speaking reminds me of something I recall some members talking about adjacent and engagement strikes. There were a few talking about it. Let me find it.
That discussion starts on page 880 of this thread.

Edit: if I'm looking at the same one you thought of
Old March 1st, 2018, 09:37 AM

pnkfelix Woo who?
Re: Law of Averages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post

I have a spreadsheet.

~Dysole, who if you're curious, the average Heroscape figure has

MOVE: 5.44
RANGE: 2.28 (6.24 for figures with a range not including specials)
ATTACK: 3.22
DEFENSE: 3.31
LIFE: 4.37
SQUAD FIGURES: 3.24

Would you be willing to share this spreadsheet?

(I am assuming it has the stats on the heights of each miniature ... unless its based solely on the height stat given on the army card, and not on the physical characteristics of the miniatures themselves?)

My reason for asking is that I want to do a survey of what alternative miniatures I own would serve well as proxies for the Heroscape miniatures I do not own.
Old March 1st, 2018, 09:49 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I Could

I could share it but looking at it, I'd want to clean up some stuff before public consumption. It has heights listed on the cards though, so I'm not completely sure how useful it'd be to you.

~Dysole, who built the spreadsheet a while back and because she's been adding things kinda haphazardly it's gotten a bit confusing
Old March 3rd, 2018, 11:29 AM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The copyright paragraph on this site goes as follows:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSers' Copyright
The Materials and Services on this Site are protected by copyright and/or other intellectual property laws and any unauthorized use of the Materials or Services of this Site violate such laws. Except as expressly provided herein, the creator of this site does not grant any express or implied right to you under any patents, copyrights, trademarks, or trade secret information with respect to the Materials and Services displayed on or provided by this site. No portion of the Information or documents on this Site may be reproduced in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the Site Administrator or the original creator of said material.
Would anyone happen to know how far this extends? Does it, for example, protect fan fiction from being plagiarized?

~TGRF.
Old March 3rd, 2018, 12:00 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Copyright of Way

Fan fiction sits in an odd place legally in regards to copyright. I don't think your original fan work can legally be plagiarized, but there's fairly good odds that WotC could knock you and the person who plagiarized for infringing THEIR copyright.

~Dysole, who had to give herself a quick refresher on copyright law
Old March 3rd, 2018, 12:03 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

As I understand it (which is not 100%) yes, it does.

I brought it up once before and that was the answer I got.

EDIT: Good point by Dysole. If you tried to profit from your own fan-fiction then you may have some issues but you could always change the names and locations of the participants for your protection.
Old March 5th, 2018, 10:50 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Your work is automatically copyrighted by you once you write it down (or type it into a computer and save it...or into a forum site). You do not have to register a copyright to receive protection, however registration can provide better protection from improper use of your original material. Additionally you do not have to put a copyright statement on your material, but again, it can help prevent improper use. See this article:

http://smallbusiness.findlaw.com/int...copyright.html

Like Dysole said, however, there is still the issue of WotC's ownership of the Heroscape characters...
Old March 5th, 2018, 05:45 PM

Einarian Rifleman Woo who?

Hi, as I was browsing around on the site I came across the notion that people were wanting to get the HeroScape cards scanned to preserve them.

I was wondering if this task was completed or if there is something still happening with it?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's