Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old April 6th, 2021, 12:03 AM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Public Design Workshop

Draft for Armory.
I was thinking of Rookie or Student, but she shouldn't have Young Avengers synergy and Camp Hammond was heroes in training, not students.
Quote:

NAME = ARMORY
SECRET IDENTITY = VIOLET LIGHTNER

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TRAINEE/CADET
PERSONALITY = INSECURE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 3

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 7
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 140?

THE TACTIGON
After choosing a figure for Armory’s normal attack, but before attacking you may choose one of the following
• Add X dice to Armory’s attack, where X is the chosen figure’s defense number.
• For each excess shield the chosen figure rolls, roll an unblockable attack die against that figure.
• That figure does not have to be in clear sight and does not receive any additional defense dice for the Shadow Tile or Jungle Piece
Each option can only be chosen once per round.

OVERCOME BY FEAR
After being targeted for an opponent’s special power that does not affect figures with the Fearless personality, the player who used that special power may take a turn with Armory.

Last edited by Splash; January 4th, 2022 at 05:33 PM.
Old April 6th, 2021, 12:06 AM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

And here's Gauntlet.
The flying is iffy, apparently he's able to or it's shown later, but I don't remember him being able to.
Quote:

NAME = GAUNTLET
SECRET IDENTITY = JOSEPH GREEN

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SOLDIER
PERSONALITY = STEADFAST/RESOLUTE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 8
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 185?

INITIATE DRILL SERGEANT
All Trainees/Cadets within 6 clear sight spaces add one to their Attack and Defense numbers.

THE GAUNTLET ARMOR
When defending against a normal attack, each shield counts as two blocks. If Gauntlet successfully defends against an attack, he cannot take any wounds for the rest of that turn.

ALIEN INFLUENCE
At any time an Order Marker would be removed from this card by an opponent, if you won initiative this round, the Order Marker may not be removed. If that opponent won initiative, that opponent may immediately take a turn with Gauntlet after removing that Order Marker.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Last edited by Splash; December 29th, 2021 at 02:00 AM.
Old April 6th, 2021, 09:52 AM

redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

NAME = VENOM
SECRET IDENTITY = STEPHEN STRANGE

SPECIES = SYMBIOTE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SORCERER
PERSONALITY = WISE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 300

SYMBIOTE SUMMONER

At the start of the game, choose up to 2 other Symbiote figures in your Army. The chosen figures start the game on this card instead of the battlefield. After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with this Venom, you may place one figure from this card on any empty space within 2 clear sight spaces of this Venom. When using this special power, if a Symbiote is placed adjacent to an opposing figure engaged with Venom, you may roll one unblockable attack die against the opposing figure.

SYMBIOTE SUPREME
Venom and all other Symbiote figures you control within 3 clear sight spaces of Venom do not subtract from their defense roll or D20 roll for any special power or special attack from an opposing figure.

MAGICAL DEFENSE
When Venom is attacked by an opponent's figure that does not have the Magical Defense special power, the most wounds Venom can take for this attack is one.

SUPER STRENGTH, FLIGHT

Last edited by redstang; April 16th, 2021 at 01:43 PM.
Old April 6th, 2021, 10:30 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Armory
Not 100% sure what makes sense here, class-wise: I get not wanting to lump her into the existing webs, but it always really bugs me how locked-down the Marvel youth teams are. Haven't read The Initiative in a long time, though, so hard to comment on.

Might want a cap on the attack boost effect of Tacticgon? I think it's really blowing the others out of the water right now, and feels really incredible for a cheap 7-Range figure (even a fragile one). On the other hand, I suppose capping it takes some of the fun out of boosting based on defense number.

Gauntlet
Alien Influence is cool, but kinda fiddly. The mechanic of having weird ways to get control of these figures is an interesting motif for the weird alien weapon-users - I'd focus Alien Influence in on that and skip the attack boost bit.

Venom (Strange)
The Summoner power is cool, but doesn't feel super summon-y. It scans as more of a tactical movement thing.

This is meant to be the Venom (Strange) from Venomverse, right? The write-up very much feels that way, but the art you posted is based on the way he looks in the Spider-Man: Maximum Venom cartoon. (Which is, of course, also the look that has a mini)
Old April 6th, 2021, 11:32 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I get not wanting to lump her into the existing webs, but it always really bugs me how locked-down the Marvel youth teams are.
I feel like that's kind of thematic, in a way that maybe doesn't lead to fun gameplay. It feels like every time you turn around, Marvel tosses a new youth team out there, tries to push them for a while, then rinses and repeats. Much more fragmented than DC, who basically seem to stick to Titans/Young Justice. Still, kinda sucks when they do have a lot of crossover.

Seconded that I dig "weird ways to take control of me" is a neat hook for a gang of less-experienced heroes, but also seconded that both effects feel a bit fiddly. I think there's also a general turn interruption problem, and that's something we try to avoid.

Venom Strange is cool as well! Agreed that I'd like to see a slightly more "summon-y" effect, but I like that he's someone who can pull your units forward, then boost his allies. That's a fun concept.
Old April 6th, 2021, 01:04 PM

redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by redstang View Post
Here is a less rough draft of the Mauler Twins.

I've got writer's block with regards to a gadget power, unless we just want to give them the power to assemble a pool of glyphs (ala Scientist Supreme) and equip an equipment glyph to start the game, notwithstanding their Uniqueness of Uncommon. Would then need to probably drop Devious Defense from the Card.

NAME = MAULER TWIN
SECRET IDENTITY = N/A

SPECIES = CLONE
UNIQUENESS = UNCOMMON HERO
CLASS = GENIUS
PERSONALITY = ???

SIZE/HEIGHT = LARGE 6

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 200

GENETIC RIVALRY
You may only control two Mauler Twin figures at the same time. After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with this Mauler Twin, if he inflicted one or more wounds with his normal attack, you may immediately attack the same figure with one other Mauler Twin you control within clear sight of this Mauler Twin, adding one additional die to that attack roll if the attacking figure doesn’t have a blue Clone Marker on its card. After using this special power, you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

CLONING CONFUSION
Once per game, at the end of a round, if this Mauler Twin has been destroyed and you control another Mauler Twin that is unengaged, remove all Wound Markers from this card and place this Mauler Twin on any empty space adjacent to another Mauler Twin you control, then place a blue Clone Marker on this card.

DEVIOUS DEFENSE
If this Mauler Twin has a blue Clone Marker on its card, when attacked, if this figure would receive enough wounds to be destroyed, you may instead ignore those wounds and destroy another Mauler Twin figure you control adjacent to this Mauler Twin.
@IAmBatman Updates made!
Old April 6th, 2021, 01:07 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Sweet. Hopefully you're eligible for the NEXT round of Public Nominations, as I'd love to nominate that if you don't run it before then!

I might let the second twin move with Genetic Rivalry as well? Though the range does at least help.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 6th, 2021, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Sweet. Hopefully you're eligible for the NEXT round of Public Nominations, as I'd love to nominate that if you don't run it before then!

I might let the second twin move with Genetic Rivalry as well? Though the range does at least help.
With the addition of Devious Defense, I think you're correct. They need to be able to track along with one another
Old April 6th, 2021, 02:57 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Yea, I'd probably mirror Nebula a bit. As in they get a full turn but can only attack the one figure.
Old April 6th, 2021, 03:00 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
"ME MAD EYE"
Instead of attacking, you may choose a figure within 4 clear sight spaces and roll the 20-sided die. On a roll of 12 or higher, inflict a wound on the chosen figure then you may immediately attack with a normal attack.
This is a bit conflicting. As it scans, you give up his attack to inflict a wound and then attack. What happens if you give up his attack and don't make the roll? Does he still get to attack? Seems to me that it would make more sense the way it is currently structured as a before attacking power. Then you could lose that last bit of wording too.
Old April 6th, 2021, 03:50 PM

Like this then?
Quote:
"ME MAD EYE"
Before attacking, you may choose a figure within 4 clear sight spaces and roll the 20-sided die. On a roll of 12 or higher, inflict a wound on the chosen figure.
His laser eye is mostly used to stun so he can get in another hit, what if we went like this?

Quote:
"ME MAD EYE"
Once per round, before attacking, you may choose a figure within 4 clear sight spaces and roll an unblockable attack die. If you inflict a wound on the chosen figure then you may remove an Order Marker from that figure's card.
Old April 6th, 2021, 04:15 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
Like this then?
Quote:
"ME MAD EYE"
Before attacking, you may choose a figure within 4 clear sight spaces and roll the 20-sided die. On a roll of 12 or higher, inflict a wound on the chosen figure.
His laser eye is mostly used to stun so he can get in another hit, what if we went like this?

Quote:
"ME MAD EYE"
Once per round, before attacking, you may choose a figure within 4 clear sight spaces and roll an unblockable attack die. If you inflict a wound on the chosen figure then you may remove an Order Marker from that figure's card.
Those do work better, but I'd probably stick with the D-20 Roll. Not sure it needs a Once Per Round for just an OM removal paired with a wound.

So something like this:
Quote:
"ME MAD EYE"
Before attacking, you may choose a figure within 4 clear sight spaces and roll the 20-sided die. On a roll of 12 or higher, inflict a wound on the chosen figure and remove an Order Marker at random from its card.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy