Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

View Poll Results: Which Unit is Better?
Runa 56 63.64%
Sudema 32 36.36%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 1st, 2011, 09:41 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Unit Debate #50 -- Runa Vs. Sudema

I ask that you don't use this format without permission to preserve the quality of the Unit Debates and avoid confusion.

This Unit Debate was selected by killercactus.

1. Stats/Special Powers

2. Playability

3. Overall Usefulness

4. Who Would Win Head-To-Head

5. Army Builds

6. Best Strategic Use

7. Situational Usefulness

8. Best in Dungeon Crawl
Old February 1st, 2011, 09:48 PM

The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker
Re: Unit Debate #50 -- Runa Vs. Sudema

Sudema has a higher probability of getting Runa with Stare of Stone than Runa does getting Sudema with her Helm of Mitonsoul.

I voted Sudema.

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old February 1st, 2011, 09:50 PM
proper grammar and spelling are vital too success

Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby!

Runa, at least killerkactus can use her

Neo is Heavy Grut...
in LAUR DETENTION FACILITY
Old February 1st, 2011, 09:53 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Runa. Crappy bonding is better than no bonding at all, better life, can affect more targets, less points.

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old February 1st, 2011, 10:28 PM

Master of Disaster is surprisingly tart

I would have to say Sudema. Sudema offers a very reliable auto-kill ability against squads and heroes. Sudema is much more practical to use, whereas Runa's ability is just too random.
Old February 1st, 2011, 10:59 PM
Fully Baked

krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker

Runa, game-wise, suffers from the Q9 effect. She takes too much time to use her ability, which like Q9 you will likely use every chance you get.

Quite frankly, NO ONE likes having to sit for an hour while you roll the 20 sided die 10 times a turn. Q9 is the same, you sit and watch him shoot and just wait for your turn to FINALLY return. However you can actually kill Runa without too much hassle.

Sometimes, you just have to start over.
Old February 1st, 2011, 11:00 PM

Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness

WARNING: You are about to view an almost pointless over analysis of this debate. Proceed with caution.
Spoiler Alert!

I encompass, and I eclipse.
Helm's Deep
My Maps
Embracing the Fun
Old February 1st, 2011, 11:19 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
WARNING: You are about to view an almost pointless over analysis of this debate. Proceed with caution.
Spoiler Alert!
I still think Runa is better- Sure, Sumeda has a better auto-kill chance, in the right situation, Runa can increase her chances by flying into a crowd of enemies, and using her helm. If there's 4 enemy figures within 3 spaces of Runa, she has a 20% chance to kill at least one, if not more, of the enemy units. While yes, Sumeda has a higher chance to kill one, in a crowded area, Runa has a higher chance to kill one, if not more, of the enemy. Also, Runa can get into a better position to do so. With her flying, she can fly to perches or into the fray far faster than Sumdea. With the cheaper price of the two, the extra life, and pseudo-bonding, I believe Runa is better that Sumdea.

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old February 1st, 2011, 11:26 PM
Bot Bloodhound

Fen_Hydra has disabled reputation

Runa... she can affect multiple fiigures with her power, along with what others have said.
Old February 1st, 2011, 11:28 PM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

Runa gets points for cool sculpt, but I'd argue that Seduma is more useful for having a higher kill rate. Runa can only kill if she rolls a 20 and it's not guaranteed it'll be an enemy unit. Seduma has a much higher probability of killing units especially squads.
Old February 2nd, 2011, 12:22 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Hmmm.... I wonder where my vote goes?

Seriously, I picked this debate because I wanted to see what people could come up with about why each unit is better than the other. I hoped it would get some people looking at one or both of them in a new light.

IMO, I think they're actually pretty close to evenly matched, but I think that Runa has more utility. She's far more mobile and survives longer (especially considering that she can get height way easier than Sudema can), but what really throws her over the top is that 1) when she dies, you don't lose any turns (assuming you're playing Minions with her, which you always should be). Utgar's Orders allows her to take turns without Order Markers on her Army Card, and also allows her to be trickier than Sudema and strike when the opponent isn't looking and 2) she gets to attack AND use her auto-kill ability each turn.

Utgar's Orders also can turn her into a glyph grabber if say, the Attack glyph or Move glyph is on the board - both of which make the Minions insane. I also love the fact that her Helm can reach 3 spaces, and Raelin's aura can reach 4. That means she can always get at both Raelin and a hero she's protecting in her aura. Rolling Helm of Mitonsoul against a bunch of squaddies is bad, because even if you get one Runa is about to get torn up, but rolling against a couple heroes at once is awesome. If you get one of them (especially one with Order Markers on it still), it changes the game.

Sudema is more straight-forward. She's great at killing high-defense squad figures and at trying to kill really big heroes in a game-changing fashion. She REALLY needs a solid screen though to get close enough to use Stare effectively without dying. I like her with Raelin and Rats x2 along with something that can reliably kill squads. She's definitely less independent than Runa (even when you consider Minions), but she has a much better chance of getting that game-changing roll if you can get her setup.

Runa though FTW

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old February 2nd, 2011, 01:36 AM
has been BANNED

airdroppers knows what's in an order marker airdroppers knows what's in an order marker airdroppers knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow Grut View Post
I still think Runa is better- Sure, Sumeda has a better auto-kill chance, in the right situation, Runa can increase her chances by flying into a crowd of enemies, and using her helm. If there's 4 enemy figures within 3 spaces of Runa, she has a 20% chance to kill at least one, if not more, of the enemy units. While yes, Sumeda has a higher chance to kill one, in a crowded area, Runa has a higher chance to kill one, if not more, of the enemy. Also, Runa can get into a better position to do so. With her flying, she can fly to perches or into the fray far faster than Sumdea. With the cheaper price of the two, the extra life, and pseudo-bonding, I believe Runa is better that Sumdea.
It's not 20% to kill one, it's still 5% to kill each one, you just roll four separate times.

Runa is better then Sudema because of bonding, it's probably as simple as that. The ability to grab glyphs and dish out multiple attacks trumps Sudema's single attack with no board control. People are saying Sudema's ability is more reliable, percentage wise that is true, but Runa is actually more reliable overall because even she dies you still probably have some Minions left and no wasted order markers.

In a drafting situation if my opponent chooses Charos, Stare of Stone starts to sound really good, destroying a high surviving 210 point figure on a 17 or higher is not bad at all.

My vote still goes to Runa though, due to bonding.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units