Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old January 25th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: A Comprehensive List of Common Competitive Abbreviations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Rocket View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
I laughed out loud when I saw the Shades of Bleakwoode Abbreviation.
Same when if first saw Wait Then Fire. WTF means something COMPLETELY different on almost every other forum on the web. As a noob I saw statements like 'My 4th WTF'd those melee troops to death. It was great". And my poor little noob brain was trying to figure out how the standard definition of WTF applied in that sentence.

I suppose with the shades we can say stuff like "I will WTF your SOBs" and will be ok on this forum. Weird.

Edit: Just found this
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...read.php?t=938

Maybe that one should no longer be stickied because it is so out of date.
That time, I really laughed out loud.

Edit: Would it make sense to change this smilie to a 4th Mass figure (screw Harquebus and 10th reg)
Old January 25th, 2010, 07:00 PM

hobosock is surprisingly tart

I wish this had been stickied a little bit sooner! I remember when I first joined the forums I was hopelessly confused. I figured out the sets pretty quickly, but some of the unit nicknames still confuse me. Up until a week ago I actually believed there was a rat unit . And what is lawnmower? Or is that some inside joke?
Old January 25th, 2010, 07:17 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobosock View Post
I wish this had been stickied a little bit sooner! I remember when I first joined the forums I was hopelessly confused. I figured out the sets pretty quickly, but some of the unit nicknames still confuse me. Up until a week ago I actually believed there was a rat unit . And what is lawnmower? Or is that some inside joke?
It was only made a week ago, so they didn't take that long in doing so.

A lawnmower is a unit or units that will be realeased D&D wave 1 (I refuse to call it Wave 11). Jexik finds pleasure in giving people hints about future waves.
Old January 25th, 2010, 09:57 PM

hobosock is surprisingly tart

Ah, thanks rednax. I guess I should have said "I wish this had been posted sooner!".
Old January 25th, 2010, 10:10 PM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

Maybe you could also include common misspellings of names:

Realin
Nikitas
Acolarth
Braxis etc.

Old January 26th, 2010, 09:31 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Or Heighth- Height advantage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old February 18th, 2010, 04:47 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Champions of Forgotten Realms

Lawnmower, **- ? ?
***- ? ?
**- ? ?
***- ? ?
Greenroller?

Firestorm? (Does this count as a D1 or a D2 build?)
Old March 12th, 2010, 01:53 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Great stuff. Always a good resource. Love it Jexik. Will have to boost your rep (like you need it), once I'm allowed to do it again.

I think you should mention "glass jaw" or "glass cannon" cause those are still tossed around from time to time. The really powerful figure that can kill themselves or fall to the slightest touch (DW). You know what I mean.
Old March 14th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Just a quick necro alert:

Jexik, do you plan to update? I see that the Lawnmower and Hydra for the Fen Hydra's not up.

This is a nice list, by the way.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion