Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News
Marvel News Hasbro-released news, store sightings, etc. specific to Marvel HS

Old June 26th, 2009, 03:14 PM

webhead817 Woo who?
Upper Deck gets Marvel Minis Game license...

...among other, you can see the whole story here on ICv2.

Although the article references the impact on HeroClix specifically, it does make me wonder if this will play into any decisions to go forward with Marvel 'Scape.

MARVEL AttackTix Battle Figure Game Game Developer
TRANSFORMERS Bot Shots Battle Game Game Designer
The Avengers Loki's Mercenaries
Old June 26th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Upper Deck gets Marvel Minis Game license...

So basically what I take from that news release is that this more or less confirms Heroclix as dead, but there may be a new Marvel minis game taking its place? We can only hope that it remains on a compatible scale with Heroscape and that they don't waste too much time giving us figures that we don't already have affordable options for from Heroclix.
Of course, I say all of this from the perspective of a customs maniac seeking viable Marvel and DC minis.
As for its impact on Marvel Heroscape? I doubt we'll see any. I'm fairly certain our beloved offshoot is deader than Jason Todd.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 26th, 2009, 04:13 PM

Dragonranger Woo who?

Yea and how many times has he come back from the dead??

Also since it's Upper Deck, expect them to be the same size as the WoW minis I'd wager, which are fairly close to being Heroscape/HeroClix sized. But that also means they'll be on the Upper Deck mini bases that they use for WoW.

Also for the record I want to suggest they've been scoping our forum cause it looks like they're using my idea of releasing products that will tie into major film releases... if it's successful, I will be taking 100% of the credit.

"Come with me in the twilight of a summer night for a while, tell me of a story never ever told in the past. Take me back to the land where my yearnings were born, the key to open the door is in your heart, now take me there... to the land of twilight." ~"Key of the Twilight"
Old June 26th, 2009, 04:26 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonranger View Post
Yea and how many times has he come back from the dead??
Once. And it should've never happened. Thus the "deader than."

Quote:
Also since it's Upper Deck, expect them to be the same size as the WoW minis I'd wager, which are fairly close to being Heroscape/HeroClix sized. But that also means they'll be on the Upper Deck mini bases that they use for WoW.
Good to know.

Quote:
Also for the record I want to suggest they've been scoping our forum cause it looks like they're using my idea of releasing products that will tie into major film releases... if it's successful, I will be taking 100% of the credit.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 28th, 2009, 12:45 PM

Disposable Hero is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Well, this makes my Marvel Master Set competition all the more vital.

Demerge Disney And Marvel!!!
Old June 28th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by webhead817 View Post
...among other, you can see the whole story here on ICv2.

Although the article references the impact on HeroClix specifically, it does make me wonder if this will play into any decisions to go forward with Marvel 'Scape.
To be honest, I am not sure the decline of Heroclix matters one way or the other.

First off, we already have every semi-major character already. I suppose it is always nice to get new sculpts, but it isn't like there are any glaring holes in the line.

Secondly, of the holes that do exist (mainly minor villains), I am skeptical that many will be filled. While I really would love a mini of "Warrior Woman" or "Master Man" for my Invaders set, they are such minor characters that I don't see it ever happening. The general public wants their Captain America and Wolverine and Venom, and those kinds of characters are going to dominate future releases.
Old June 28th, 2009, 09:13 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

You never know, Heroclix did manage to put some pretty obscure figures out there, characters I never would've thought would ever get a toy or miniature made of them. I mean, they made Blazing Skull, for crimeny's sake.
Old June 28th, 2009, 11:37 PM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
You never know, Heroclix did manage to put some pretty obscure figures out there, characters I never would've thought would ever get a toy or miniature made of them. I mean, they made Blazing Skull, for crimeny's sake.
Oh, I think there would always be a few here and there, but not enough to make a real impact.
Old June 28th, 2009, 11:56 PM

The real possible benefit I see here is if they end up making some of those figures that are very expensive to buy non-blind purchase for Heroclix, allowing us to get some of those at more reasonable prices. I believe a few pretty widely known characters who'd be likely to be produced fall under the overpriced category for Clix.

Old June 29th, 2009, 02:19 AM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yeah, and a nice, affordable mini of Wolverine in his costume would be much appreciated by me!
Old June 29th, 2009, 08:42 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garada View Post
Yeah, and a nice, affordable mini of Wolverine in his costume would be much appreciated by me!
...not to mention a Nightcrawler without 12 limbs.

My guess is that whatever Marvel minis game Upper Deck may end up producing will be blind purchase, though. Isn't that how the World of Warcraft game works?
Old June 29th, 2009, 02:44 PM

Harlax knows what's in an order marker Harlax knows what's in an order marker Harlax knows what's in an order marker

Yes, WOW is bllind purchase, except for the starter set.

Lord of the Rings TMG Events -Gen Con 13
The North American Championship tournament- Saturday at 4 PM. NMN1342543
Battles of Middle Earth - Saturday at 10 AM. NMN1344930

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News