Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old January 18th, 2020, 02:33 AM

toyhandle is surprisingly tart
Re: Official Site Question Dump

One thing I've been amazed at since posting here is the speed with which I get responses.

As someone who had used this site in its earliest days, that makes me happy to no end. There's obviously an incredible and thriving community here.

But every time I look, within minutes, there's a new newest member. Is the community really growing that fast, or are there a lot of bots?

The most users ever online was so recent, what would have caused it to spike so high?

I'm admittedly practically completely ignorant in regards to basically every aspect of what I'm asking about, from the popularity of the game, to the size of the community, to the number of people on online forums.
Old January 18th, 2020, 02:44 AM

toyhandle is surprisingly tart

Although, clicking on a few of the online profiles, yeah, some bots.
Old January 18th, 2020, 02:46 AM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyhandle View Post
One thing I've been amazed at since posting here is the speed with which I get responses.

As someone who had used this site in its earliest days, that makes me happy to no end. There's obviously an incredible and thriving community here.

But every time I look, within minutes, there's a new newest member. Is the community really growing that fast, or are there a lot of bots?

The most users ever online was so recent, what would have caused it to spike so high?

I'm admittedly practically completely ignorant in regards to basically every aspect of what I'm asking about, from the popularity of the game, to the size of the community, to the number of people on online forums.
I can't speak to the constant new members (which I myself have wondered about), but there was some conversation about the spike recently. To the best of my knowledge, the exact reason is unknown.

But it is certainly true that we have a very committed and active community, far more so than any discontinued game that I am aware of. At this point, I think it's more about the community and the people involved rather than the game, but that could just be me, since I am not involved in the custom projects or the like.

~TGRF.

Eternity Prequels - Editing
Spoiler Alert!
Old January 18th, 2020, 12:28 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

We absolutely have a ton of bots all the time. If you haven't noticed too many disruptions due to them, it's because of the diligence of our members at reporting them and our admins at swatting them (others more than myself - shout outs to Dysole, japes, and quozl in particular!).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 18th, 2020, 02:54 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Killing Bots

Yeah, we're trying to minimize the bot invasion through some admin tricks, but even so we get new people regularly which is pretty great for a game that's been out of print as long as it has.

~Dysole, informationally
Old January 18th, 2020, 05:05 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
We absolutely have a ton of bots all the time. If you haven't noticed too many disruptions due to them, it's because of the diligence of our members at reporting them and our admins at swatting them (others more than myself - shout outs to Dysole, japes, and quozl in particular!).
I didn't even realize we were getting bots regularly. I've only seen like... two? Three? ... in the fan fiction forum since I've been here. Good work on catching so many!

~TGRF.

Eternity Prequels - Editing
Spoiler Alert!
Old January 18th, 2020, 05:53 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

We usually have a dozen or more on at all times. But they're slow to post for the most part, so we can usually zap them before they get too obnoxious.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online