Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old January 6th, 2020, 09:53 AM

twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness
My Terrain is Crumbling!

Hey gang,

I can't seem to build a battlefield and take it apart with at least three pieces breaking. I've had this stuff for over ten years with monthly play and didn't have this problem until recently. I'm curious...

Is this a common or growing issue community wide?
Has the life expectancy of Heroscape plastic expired?
Does anyone have an idea how to restore the plastic?

I've started printing free online d&d maps at 125% and placing LOS obstacles on top. It morphs the game when going from hex to squares, but I don't know what else to do to save my terrain collection.
Old January 6th, 2020, 09:58 AM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: My Terrain is Crumbling!

Same issue. I just buy more. i have glued some of it back together. I just try to be careful.

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old January 6th, 2020, 10:54 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Check out my gridless variant. It plays pretty much the same as original but without worrying about the cracked terrain. I have plenty of original terrain but enjoy this more. Heres a link.
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=56337

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old January 6th, 2020, 04:19 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

I do use my lexan mat and of course there's always the mats I created to use and the Magic AotP boards to make setting up easier.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old January 6th, 2020, 10:31 PM

DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker

If the tiles have ever seen sunlight (even through a window) then yep they are done.

The type of plastic in heroscape tiles is extremely susceptible to UV rays. When they are directly exposed, it begins a chemical process that causes discoloration and weakening over time. There is no way that I am aware of to undo it. Never play outside, and keep the tiles away from windows and direct sunlight. ALWAYS store heroscape terrain in a completely dark place.

My friend kept his tiles in a clear plastic bin near a window in his garage for years. He pulled it out after years to play and like half his tiles cracked.
Old January 6th, 2020, 10:57 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm curious if a clear coat UV sealant would be worthwhile. I've spray painted some custom tiles as well and those are probably better protected.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old January 8th, 2020, 09:25 AM

twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks for the insights and ideas. I've kept them in a closet, but I think the plastic is just drying out. I'll try wiping them down with armor-all and give an update after a few weeks. In the meantime, I've very interested in TREX's gridless method.
Old January 8th, 2020, 10:45 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilkerson View Post
Thanks for the insights and ideas. I've kept them in a closet, but I think the plastic is just drying out. I'll try wiping them down with armor-all and give an update after a few weeks. In the meantime, I've very interested in TREX's gridless method.
You wont be disappointed. Make sure to check out the measurement tool tutorial. Super cheap and easy to make. I plan to eventually sell all my tiles because I use the other terrain I have for all my other wargames as well.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion