Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old May 26th, 2006, 01:21 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydcomebak
I'd be more than happy to bring a few sets up if needed.
when it comes to terrain, i have 4 of everything. so if we want one huge map for everyone, 4 masters might not be enough.

i liked the 500 points premade approach we did last time. just for fun let's up it to 520 points this time.
Old May 26th, 2006, 03:20 AM

josh-n-papa Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ
..... just for fun let's up it to 520 points this time.
Why!?! So you can squeeze in another dang squad of snakes ?

Seriously though,I would love to go,but I probably won't be able to make it this time Maybe if circumstances change by game time and if there is still an open seat I'll get to go.
Old May 26th, 2006, 09:10 AM
math olympian

mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
This event registration capability of the new site is a neat feature.

This event sounds great, but I'm going to be in New Jersey at those times. Those of you with a long memory might remember back on .net when I first registered that I had a New Jersey location and I was talking about making many stops on I-95 between NJ and MD looking for RTTFFs; I found some in MD eventually!

I'm sure you'll all have fun. And we will meet up for a game sometime.

It's funny that Gary is suggesting 520, because we (my students and I) just had a round-robbin tourney, and I wanted to use units that I never used before; so we upped the points from 500 to 520 just so I could have Drones x5 and Gorillinators x3.
Old May 26th, 2006, 09:23 AM

djsmith has disabled reputation
I can also bring terrain and show up early to help set-up if you need it. I have 1 tundra and some custom snow as well if you need any snow and ice as well.
Old May 26th, 2006, 10:35 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh-n-papa
Why!?! So you can squeeze in another dang squad of snakes ?
sort of. 520 is a nice number for working in some Armoc Vipers
Old June 1st, 2006, 08:40 PM
Spin Master

bump.

everyone still good for Sunday 6/11?

location: Rockton, IL (i'll PM everyone with the address soon)
arrive: between 12 and 1pm.
bring: two premade armies upto 520 points each.

i figured if everyone brings two armies players could make a last minute decision on which one they want to use.

i might be bringing along a couple extra players that don't post here. so i think we might want to go with two games at once. the 8 player game last time was fun, but there was alot of downtime while waiting for your turn.

Sydcomebak and I will be responsible for terrain and map building. we'll reveal what the maps will look like soon. i think i'll design a new map this weekend just for the occasion.

more players are welcome, but not too many more
Old June 1st, 2006, 09:15 PM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
I'm still in, but might now have a personal cut-off time. My wife's new shift requires some weekend training. I will be there as early as allowed, help set-up if need be, maybe get a practice round in. I'll wait to here from you Gary. p.s. The latest quote has been my favorite so far.
Old June 1st, 2006, 09:23 PM
Spin Master

are you still bringing the family with you?

don't forget everybody, you can bring guests with you who can use the heated indoor swimming pool while the games are going.

just to give an idea, last week they had 120 people over for a cookout (church group). kids 12 and under used the pool which was about 25 of them.
Old June 1st, 2006, 09:37 PM
Spin Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsmith
I can also bring terrain and show up early to help set-up if you need it. I have 1 tundra and some custom snow as well if you need any snow and ice as well.
hmm...someone with the rare Tundra terrain. i've heard rumors about it being in stores

i'd like to have maps (i think two will be enough) determined a few days in advance so players know what to expect, rather than throwing something together on game day.

unfortunately, LandScape doesn't have Tundra terrain in it yet. so it would be hard to display it on this thread ahead of time, unless you want to post some camera pics of one of your own Tundra creations. (but how would you save it for building it the same way again?)

i'm hoping it will be in stores before 6/7 but it's not looking good. so yes, please bring some cause i'd like to see it in the flesh! (don't forget the Tundra rule book.)

maybe we'll put togther a mystery map on game day anyhow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joah
p.s. The latest quote has been my favorite so far.
can you name the episode? first one who can wins the prize
Old June 1st, 2006, 10:08 PM

Sydcomebak Woo who?
Gary, I just remembered...

I can't make it. I'll be in RockFORD, IL teaching 2 martial arts classes.

I would be more than willing to hand of my HS stuff to someone for the weekend as a loaner.

-Dave
Old June 1st, 2006, 10:15 PM
Spin Master

bizzare. you'll be like 10 miles away. welp, if someone else drops out we can always reschedule, no problem (i think).
Old June 1st, 2006, 11:14 PM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
No family this time Gary. But, thanks for the invite. They wanted to schedule my wife to train that night and she couldn't say "no". Sorry you can't make it Syd, but I say let's roll anyway. My wife's new schedule is going to make it even harder to make it to these "Border Battles" I'm affraid. We'll see. I'll plan on bringing my Tundra/ Heroes too.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events