Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old August 15th, 2009, 05:31 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Heroscape Dungeons and Dragons!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demerean View Post
What?

Translation:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dra(gon) View Post
are the d&D figures in this 3rd master st exclusive for heroscape?
they have orginal hs bases, maybe for heroscape players.
An inquiry good sirs - Are the figures presented here for review new for the DnD edition of Heroscape, or are they recycled? I see they are positioned on what look to be traditional Heroscape bases, which leads me to believe they are exclusive to the Heroscape franchise.

Quote:
because i think not that the orginal d&D figures will work in the heroscape system
I feel the original DnD figures would be ill-suited for Heroscape.

Quote:
ok we has tons of costum figurs, some are balance other not.
On a slight tanget, I'd like to point out that Heroscape has many varieties of Custom figures already. Many of which have powers that vary greatly in terms of balanced playability.

Quote:
annde only an eyecandy for the d&d players ist realn not a great thing the could by a master set since 2004.
I feel the perception in the pre-existing Dungeons and Dragons community would be one of general aesthetic pleasure only. After all, if they wanted to use their figures on Heroscape terrain, the possibility already existed with the original line of Masterset products.

Quote:
maybe it is because the heroscape ms are out and so new scapers could get more terain.
Another possible explanation for this merger could be found in the idea that if Master Sets are in short supply this set would allow newer players to obtain a sizeable amount of terrain for their collections.

Quote:
but if there is a editor for making your owne heroes that would be cool.
Lastly, I would gain considerable pleasure from seeing a new editing process by which players would be able to create new characters for themselves.

Last edited by CheddarLimbo; August 15th, 2009 at 05:58 PM.
Old August 15th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Heroscape Architect Extraordinaire

caravaggio is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post

Agreed - it's a "valid concern" not a "strong possibility." But that's just semantics. I think a "valid concern" is worth discussing, particularly when we know members of WotC and our own set of playtesters and designers read these threads and value our feedback.
Blind praise is nice, and I certainly have a lot of (not so blind) praise to offer the guys in the know around here for all they've done over the years, but what's the point of a forum if that's all we're going to offer?

Don't get me wrong. I'll accept it. I'll buy it. I'll play with it. But I won't pretend I love it as much as the Scape that's come before or that I'd love it if this aesthetic shift were permanent one. Again, this forum is for more than blind praise, right?
IamBatman, it's clear we don't agree on every issue but it's nice to know that i'm not just completely out here on my own.

and you're right about the reasons we have forums. i'm always amazed how many different euphemisms for "shut up" i read on this board when someone doesn't like what someone else has to say.

but seriously, no word on the saturday "follow-up rumors" yet?

...and, that was an awesome translation, cheddarlimbo. ha ha ha
Old August 15th, 2009, 05:49 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Do some research on your Dinosaurs, people. There is no 'T-Rex' in Heroscape. Its an Allosaurus!
Old August 15th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by caravaggio View Post
IamBatman, it's clear we don't agree on every issue but it's nice to know that i'm not just completely out here on my own.
Likewise. Nor do I think it's just the two of us. I do think there is a valid and well considered thought process at work among those who aren't just clicking on the news and declaring "awesome!"
But it's OK, because this thread wouldn't be getting so many hits if we didn't have some things worth discussing.
As long as no one here is being rude or arguing for the sake of arguing (I've seen the latter happen around here often and it's what really gets on my nerves), I see no problem with each of us honestly assessing our feelings about the new information that's been leaked to us.
That said, I hope we all do keep an open mind, since there's tons we still don't know. Expressing concerns here is sometimes a way to find some of that out, though ...

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 15th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
There is no 'T-Rex' in Heroscape.
Not yet anyway ...

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 15th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Agreed - it's a "valid concern" not a "strong possibility." But that's just semantics. I think a "valid concern" is worth discussing, particularly when we know members of WotC and our own set of playtesters and designers read these threads and value our feedback.
Blind praise is nice, and I certainly have a lot of (not so blind) praise to offer the guys in the know around here for all they've done over the years, but what's the point of a forum if that's all we're going to offer?
Of course it's worth discussing, I'm not saying it shouldn't be discussed. I'm not even suggesting blind praise no matter what. I'm saying look at past evidence, because there is no better way to try and predict the future. Past evidence shows that everytime someone has said "HeroScape will be ruined by xxxxxx", they've been wrong.

Of course it may not be right, and this might really be the end of HS as we know, but really there hasn't been any evidence to suggest that yet. And no matter what, it won't affect what's come before so absolute worst case, you have a pretty awesome game up through wave 9. When Marvel was first announced, everyone worried the game would become Marvel-only. The notion now that Marvel is a completely separate thing is in hindsight. At that time, people worried. Now people are repeating it again with D&D.
Old August 15th, 2009, 06:14 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation

So, D&D Heroscape...

I've always liked this game for the mechanics and the mash-up of genres, not so much the mythology that built up around it. In fact, I've suggested before that it might've made the game more popular had they started the game with better known figures from their respective genres and jammed them into the Heroscape game system-- Darth Vader vs. Gandalf, Sgt. York vs. James Bond, Spider-man vs. Snake Eyes, etc. So, even though I'm not familiar with D&D characters, I don't mind having them come on board (though I am a bit irked that Marvel didn't get the same, fully-integrated treatment).

I'm a little less thrilled that some of the miniatures may not be quite the same scale as typical Heroscape figures. And if D&D becomes the main focus of Heroscape, I'll be upset. If they fully integrated Marvel, Star Wars and G.I. Joe with Classic Scape, I wouldn't be so worried that the hodge-podge could be coming to an end.

I do like the idea of having Heroscape with an rpg campaign system built around it-- seems like a natural thing to do, and something that doesn't have to affect a straight battle, anyways. I remember when I used to play the Marvel Role-playing game by TSR back in the '80's-- our games usually devolved into brawls, anyway. It would've been nice to have had Heroscape back then.

Anyway, D&D is not something I'm terribly excited about, but I am excited about Heroscape and I'll reserve full judgement until I have it actually in my hands.
Old August 15th, 2009, 06:16 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

What does this mean for future sculpts (that have not been made or seen yet)? Are they going to follow the sizes of traditional HS? Will they follow the sizes of DnD? Will there be a mix or middle ground?

The style is interesting and it may take some time to get used to, but I see nothing wrong with it.

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old August 15th, 2009, 06:31 PM

evil beagle 111 Woo who?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas
There is no 'T-Rex' in Heroscape.

Not yet anyway ...
why mention the sheer inaccuracy of orc dinosaurs on a Dn'D thread? but your right, chas. too many fingers, not bulky enought, wrong jaw shape.

stats for dinosaurs:http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=22638
the beagles are coming to eat us all!
Old August 15th, 2009, 07:21 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

You know what I just realized about this whole "Heroscape will become D&D because they put D&D units in Classic Scape"? When Marvel came out, there were complaints because Marvel was separate from Classic Scape, so Marvel was segregated away from Valhalla. Now, with this D&D thing, WotC is adding another brand into the Valhalla mix, and there are complaints that it should have been made into a separate brand like Marvel!

*Calms down slightly*

Wizards added another brand into the mix, and EVEN INTEGRATED IT INTO CLASSIC HEROSCAPE! How do you people want Wizards to go about adding new brands into the mix(i.e. Star Wars)? If it gets put out as a separate game, it gets segregated because it's not "part of Classic Heroscape". If it gets released as "Part of Classic Heroscape", it gets segregated because "Heroscape will become that other brand".

~Gorthan, still waiting for Marvel Wave 1.....

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old August 15th, 2009, 07:27 PM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by caravaggio View Post
Quote:

Don't get me wrong. I'll accept it. I'll buy it. I'll play with it. But I won't pretend I love it as much as the Scape that's come before or that I'd love it if this aesthetic shift were permanent one. Again, this forum is for more than blind praise, right?

and you're right about the reasons we have forums. i'm always amazed how many different euphemisms for "shut up" i read on this board when someone doesn't like what someone else has to say.

but seriously, no word on the saturday "follow-up rumors" yet?

...and, that was an awesome translation, cheddarlimbo. ha ha ha
In my personal defense, at least I give reasons whenever I tell people to shut up. I guess that it comes with playing CoN (your arguement skills increase tenfold after playing for so long. )

-scorp

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old August 15th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

We really need somebody to post on the front page "The only reason this is called DnD is because it took 10 figures from their miniature line. There is no other reason. This is 100% compatible with Classic Heroscape. That is why it is master set 3."

That's all they need to say and everybody will shut up. Is it that hard?
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News